Aberdeen 2 - 3 Celtic

Guest findlay_1903
Just now, Broken_Glass said:

Difference is worryingly Hearts have a better coach/manager than us, they are also more physical and generally better organised than us.

Glass ain't got a Scooby what he's doing.

He had as playing very well against sevco, why can’t we replicate that tonight? 

10 minutes ago, scottymc said:

I think honestly we are going to get humped. Could be 4 or 5 at least. We are shocking right now and Celtic as much as I hate to say it are absolutely rampant. 

We are toothless in attack. No grit in the middle or creativity and we are leaking goals at the back. 
It’s going to be grim folks. 

As poor as we've been all season, has anyone beaten us by more than two goals? I'm likely missing some very obvious examples.

21 minutes ago, starryfish said:

to allow Dean Campbell to go out and get more games?

Seems Celtic believe he's thought primarily of as a Left Back, which would therefore make it weird if we were going to take him and play him in a non-LB role, instead say midfield. As for LB, we should be developing MacKenzie, not some Celtic player, with perhaps Hayes filling in there in the event of injury or poor run of form on MacKenzie's part. 

As far as midfield is concerned, we're pretty flush with midfielders as it is, without adding more on loan deals... and I'd HOPE if we're planning on developing a young midfielder it's going to be Polvara, not some Celtic player. 

It's a strange signing. 

Presumably another terrific piece of business by Gunn? 

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Remember when some moon units suggested he should be No1 ahead of Lewis

It would be a toss up between a thalidomide and Woods to see who’d be in goal.

Christ, I might even put the Dons women’s goalie in…. Ok …. TOO far. 

I'd put this lad in ahead of her. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Seems Celtic believe he's thought primarily of as a Left Back, which would therefore make it weird if we were going to take him and play him in a non-LB role, instead say midfield. 

Do you really think it’s weird that we would play someone out of position? 

19 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Do you really think it’s weird that we would play someone out of position? 

I think it would be weird for Celtic to agree to allow us to take a guy they see as a future Left Back and allow us to then play him out of position. 

I've no expectations of Aberdeen, because none of them know what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I'm still not 100% certain why we've signed this guy.

Why have we signed this guy? 

I get the impression Hayes will be shown the door at Aberdeen and MacKenzie will be brought more back into the team. Montgomery was maybe brought into show people Hayes needs replaced and the younger fresher player is the way forward. 

19 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I think it would be weird for Celtic to agree to allow us to take a guy they see as a future Left Back and allow us to then play him out of position. 

I've no expectations of Aberdeen, because none of them know what they're doing. 

He is not seen as primarily a left back . He filled in there as a result of injuriesA at this stage in his career he is primarily a left winger or so the 2 Celtic fans I spoke to seemed to think. 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Going by Glass's presser yesterday, I've amended my expected line up. I think Brown will miss this one, and can see Kennedy starting:-

Woods/Ritchie

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Hayes

McGeough McRorie

Vinnie Ferguson Kennedy

Ramirez

If Brown is out McGeouch likely will play. However it's more likely it'll look like this if that's the case...

Ritchie

Ramsay McCrorie Bates Hayes

McGeouch Ferguson

Vin Jenks Ojo

Ramirez

Ojo will 100% be in there somewhere, and Jenks seems to start pretty much every game regardless of how invisible he is.

8 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

He is not seen as primarily a left back . He filled in there as a result of injuriesA at this stage in his career he is primarily a left winger or so the 2 Celtic fans I spoke to seemed to think. 

He is primarily seen as a left back... the two Celtic fans you spoke to are incorrect. 

He started as a winger, but Celtic are trying to convert him into a left back

If his signing was to show Hayes is done, as RJ suggests then that's backfired as Hayes has been a beast getting forward on the left in recent weeks.