Aberdeen 2 - 3 Celtic

6 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

You've got to give the guy the season.. Why? Why? Why? 

Aye I dont get it to be honest. Think everyone has seen enough to know hes not the one.

If you inherit a team thats been in the top 4 for 8 years running and give him money to improve them you really shouldnt be 9th in February. 

Its just a shame the whole structure of the club now looks a mess. We looked sorted for the long term 5 years ago. 

Guest findlay_1903
12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Sorry but that is nonsense. Whether or not we sack the next manager within a year will depend entirely on results, performances and if we can see that progress is being made. 

Sacking Glass now, shouldn't affect that. 

You've got to give the guy the season.. Why? Why? Why? 

Win the next 3 games and would look ridiculous to sack him, it’s not impossible we still salvage a half decent season. Unlikely I agree, but I’m not chasing him out just yet! COYR

11 hours ago, Bamber said:

being logical

cormack will be in  country in a week or so at tjhe latests so nothinging is happening this week

Ferguson game is 26th nothing is getting in the way of that 

after those 4 games we could be 4th or 10th

4th going nowhere 10th going

At least got till the end of february i reckon

Is there a particular reason the Fergie homecoming thing is on that exact date? I'm wondering if over the next couple weeks they might look for some kind of excuse to move it until later in the season. It would be embarrassing to do it if we've sacked our manager a week or two before, or if we sack him the day after.

Guest milne_afc
36 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Yes it was, there was obstruction on bates as well as ferguson.

Fitiver. Well beaten and deservedly 9th in the table. Tinpot wankers.

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

I’m willing to give the guy the season, as long as it’s not seriously threatening our premier league status. Saturday is pivotal though, a drubbing to the steelmen will test patience. 

What's the point though? Why bother giving him the rest of the season? Things are not suddenly going to all click into place towards the end of the season - there's no signs of progress whatsoever. Better ditching him and giving someone new a bit of the season to assess the players and try and stamp his mark on the team. I know that didn't work out well last time but it was 100% the best thing to do with McInnes - the problem is we brought in the wrong replacement. It's 100% the right thing to do with Glass, but can't afford to make a mess of the next appointment.

Guest milne_afc
26 minutes ago, don corleone said:

What absolute bullshit you speak. Player in an offside position interfering with play = offside. Goal 100% should not have stood. 

Wasn’t offside though, sonny Jim 

7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I take your point and largely agree. But that’s exactly the prawcess that gave us Glass.

(and yes I know the prawcess was bollocks)

There is never a bad time to ditch a manager if you can bring in a better one. That sometimes carries a risk - but I think on this occasion it's a fairly safe bet that we should be able to bring in someone better than Glass.

58 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

He was relatively successful and a huge amount will make him the benchmark. If that happens, you’ll be looking for a manager every 2 years or so in my opinion.

I would suggest your opinion is wrong. That squad is more than decent enough to be 3rd - easily. 

Glass has played woefully bad football and clueless with it. Everyone know how Celtic would start last night - Glass didn't. I keep going back to his "high pressing" full backs. Took him over 10 games to realise that it didn't work and a simple diagonal ball over the top split and exposed our centre half's. Every bloody time. Glass couldn't see it or refused to, blindly hoping it would come good. Amateur management. 

His persistent shoehorning of Ojo. His dreadful signings, his usual excuses. Out of his depth.

And for those who want to say the second half performance was "superb" lets take a leaf out of our chairman's book and look at the overall stats! Even when some think we were "brilliant and deserving of a point" a proper football team found the extra goal. Something Glass is incapable of delivering.

9th = embarrassing and should be sacked. Cannot believe the apathy amongst our support that there has been no demonstrations yet.

I find it quite astounding the amount of so called Aberdeen supporters on here who are happy to see us lose and get dragged into a relegation scrap, so long as it keeps the tribute act off the top. I personally couldn’t give two fucks about any other club. Some of you need to wise the fuck up  and have a serious word with yourselves. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Ramsay switched off at the first goal. He just presumed Woods was dealing with it which a defender should never do. 75% Woods to blame, 25% Ramsay

Third goal I had changed from Red TV commentary to Radio Shortbread. The pundits all seemed to agree it wasn't offside but did all agree that Bates was fouled which is why they thought we were complaining so bitterly to the linesman and Gollum when it wasn't awarded

I’d say it was more 90% woods 10% Ramsay’s fault. If Ramsay went for that ball bring right footed facing his own goal he would of been more liable to score an own goal. Woods should of came for the ball it was a floated ball inside the 6 yard box not as if he didn’t have time to see it. 

I could be wrong but their third goal was the same as one of the ones that var ruled out during the Man Utd game so shouldn’t of been given last night. Scorer wasn’t offside but guy blocking the defender was. 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Their third goal was 100% not offside. Couldn’t be less offside. Honestly min some of the fans we have. Clutching at straws 

should have cashed in on Ramsey. Like Fergo. Peaked now in regression. It’s the Aberdeen way. 

must be an awful environment to be in just now 

See above on why it shouldn’t of been given 

Guest milne_afc
31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It was. Abada was offside and interfering with an opponent. 

I do appreciate your just trolling though, so fuck knows why I'm fucking replying. 

Not trolling Parkie. From memory, McRorie was playing them on. Maybe I’ve got that wrong but it’s how I remember it. Have a pleasant day.

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I’d say it was more 90% woods 10% Ramsay’s fault. If Ramsay went for that ball bring right footed facing his own goal he would of been more liable to score an own goal. Woods should of came for the ball it was a floated ball inside the 6 yard box not as if he didn’t have time to see it. 

I could be wrong but their third goal was the same as one of the ones that var ruled for offside during the Man Utd game so shouldn’t of been given last night 

I thought the same and that VAR decision - I guess it comes down to whether the block altered the outcome - getting the rub of the green against the arse cheeks is never a high percentage play but I wouldn't say it was clear cut though I strongly suspect that it would go the other way if the players swapped jerseys 

9 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I thought the same and that VAR decision - I guess it comes down to whether the block altered the outcome - getting the rub of the green against the arse cheeks is never a high percentage play but I wouldn't say it was clear cut though I strongly suspect that it would go the other way if the players swapped jerseys 

I suspect even with var it wouldn’t of been overturned against those two but Iv seen two incidents like that where goals were scored and var overturned the goals in England 

20 minutes ago, thurso said:

??. What’s that got to do with anything 

Haha everything!!

When we first started butting heads on Ramsay it was because you thought he should have been in the Scotland squad

I didn't, mainly because he couldn't perform for a full 90 mins

He still can't and this is months down the line

So, I was and am right

Agreed?

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Would you rather it wasn’t a goal and rangers were top? 

I’d rather it wasn’t a goal and a chance we could of got the draw or even won and being only 3 points of 4th with a game in hand. 

Personally I don’t give a fuck who’s top if we’re miles away but that’s just me I suppose 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha everything!!

When we first started butting heads on Ramsay it was because you thought he should have been in the Scotland squad

I didn't, mainly because he couldn't perform for a full 90 mins

He still can't and this is months down the line

So, I was and am right

Agreed?

? when we first butted heads on this I said ramsay should be in the squad instead of Patterson because Ramsay was playing every week Patterson wasn’t (still isn’t). 

Now as I said I didn’t see last nights game did ramsay get subbed because he was tired or because he wasn’t playing well 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

? when we first butted heads on this I said ramsay should be in the squad instead of Patterson because Ramsay was playing every week Patterson wasn’t (still isn’t). 

Now as I said I didn’t see last nights game did ramsay get subbed because he was tired or because he wasn’t playing well 

He got subbed for tactical reasons but mainly being that he was getting the run around.

3 minutes ago, RUL said:

He got subbed for tactical reasons but mainly being that he was getting the run around.

It was both eh?

Changed to a back four but as the only right back in the squad getting hooked so the centre back can move out there isnt a great advert for your first half performance.

The boy is in a poor run of form.  Folk just need to accept it. Pretending he's playing well when he isnt wont help him or team.

• Upvote 2