Aberdeen 2 - 3 Celtic

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That first half, fucking hell. Gave McGregor the freedom of Pittodrie.  Didn't manage to get a single ball into the box. 

First goal was a complete shambles. 

McCrorie's physicality made a big difference second half, got every one going.  Calvin will be on the bench for a while I think. 

Usual effort from Jonny and Gallagher did OK second half. Nice finish from Ramirez. 

Was their 3rd goal offside? Looked like it from my seat but difficult to tell. 

Was looking like it could get ugly until we rallied second half.  Actually managed to get the crowd behind them. 

Fuck all to show for it as usual though. Fucking 9th, bloody hell. Squeaky bum time. 

Can’t remember hearing an Aberdeen team getting booed on before. New low.

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The game was like Glass' reign in microcosm:

Some encouraging highs, mixed with woeful lows and ultimately disappointing.

Based on the 2nd half, we did deserve a point. Their goals were shit keeping, a deflection and a lack of concentration after equalising.  Its not like they were banging our door down the whole game either.

The most frustrating thing for me is that if we had played like we did in the 2nd half tonight in the matches at Paisley, Dingwall and Livingston we would more than likely have picked up a lot more points than the 1 point we did get.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Calvin needs to be dropped for a while though. His confidence looks shot. 

Needs some sub appearances for the next wee while. 

He’ll not start on Saturday.

Think Glass will start with:

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates Hayes

Brown Ojo

Besuijen Ferguson Kennedy

Ramirez

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’ll not start on Saturday.

Think Glass will start with:

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates Hayes

Brown Ojo

Besuijen Ferguson Kennedy

Ramirez

He's a mug if he doesn't start that way. 

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

The most frustrating thing for me is that if we had played like we did in the 2nd half tonight in the matches at Paisley, Dingwall and Livingston we would more than likely have picked up a lot more points than the 1 point we did get.

Its called having a shit manager that nobody wants to play for. Glass is inept.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

How many years has it been since we were this low down the league at this stage in the season? Ross County below us are on a reasonable run of form - they'll overtake us soon at this rate.

Could be wrong but ten fkn years I think. 
We’re headed the way of Hearts yo-yo status & that really isn’t as ridiculous as it sounds 

28 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I agree with that. We have Motherwell, Hearts, Rangers and Dundee all away from home before the split. With current away form i can't see us taking anything from those. I saw somebody say that his away game record consists of the 2nd biggest loss percentage in the clubs history. Behind McGhee. ?. We as fans can see it so why can't the patter merchant? Becausw he's too fucking big headed. And i'll tell you another thing, if we somehow fluke a win on Saturday and he comes crawling out of the social media woodwork i'll level the stupid cunt. 

Sheep, even more damning, it’s not just his away record, it’s his overall record which is the second worst in the club’s history. He has to be sacked. And the sooner, the better.

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah. Needs taken out for a bit. 

We need results and we'll have to dig them out if we're going to get them. 

He's way off it just now. 

I’m not sure he’s that far off it 

but again I seen nothing of tonight’s game so I’ll take your word for it 

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

being logical

cormack will be in  country in a week or so at tjhe latests so nothinging is happening this week

Ferguson game is 26th nothing is getting in the way of that 

after those 4 games we could be 4th or 10th

4th going nowhere 10th going

At least got till the end of february i reckon

logical take on things.

1 hour ago, Itsagoal said:

Sheep, even more damning, it’s not just his away record, it’s his overall record which is the second worst in the club’s history. He has to be sacked. And the sooner, the better.

What criteria are you using for that statement about his overall record?

Off the top of my head, McGhee, (Alex) Miller and Hegarty will all have worse win % stats than Glass, possibly more managers too.

Edit - bar Hegarty, I think they all had longer in the saddle too, though as ever I am open to correction.

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see him ever putting a run of results together to get himself out of the shit. And his away record must be amongst the worst in the club's history. 

8 games to the split. Probably need to win 4 to get top half. He's never got near a 50% win record before so can't see him starting now. 

It looks attainable but at the same time it always feels out of reach.  We're slipping backwards if anything. 

He was also talking about our home record being "great"

Erm...

Really?

Guest findlay_1903

Mcrorie had a stormer is 2nd half. Can’t give Celtic 2 goal lead and expect anything. Things aren’t looking too rosy, we will know in a month if it’s a relegation fight or fight for top 6, be very surprised if we endanger hearts in 3rd. 
Glass needs a reaction and quick, the 2nd half proved the players are still playing for him. 
RDL is a great view, really impressed with it. Seriously lacking atmosphere though. In an ideal world the red shed would be situated here as right next to away fans. But suits will be the priority. Utterly bizarre fan in front if me filming the Celtic celebrations, I thought we had an undercover tim and would have to step in ?, but he violently celebrated the Aberdeen goals too weird! 
COYR 

Roll on Saturday!!

15 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Mcrorie had a stormer is 2nd half. Can’t give Celtic 2 goal lead and expect anything. Things aren’t looking too rosy, we will know in a month if it’s a relegation fight or fight for top 6, be very surprised if we endanger hearts in 3rd. 
Glass needs a reaction and quick, the 2nd half proved the players are still playing for him. 
RDL is a great view, really impressed with it. Seriously lacking atmosphere though. In an ideal world the red shed would be situated here as right next to away fans. But suits will be the priority. Utterly bizarre fan in front if me filming the Celtic celebrations, I thought we had an undercover tim and would have to step in ?, but he violently celebrated the Aberdeen goals too weird! 
COYR 

Roll on Saturday!!

Second half proved nothing of the sort that they're playing for him. If that was the case what happened at St Mirren, County and Livingston? All teams raise their game/standard against the best sides.

Glass is inept. His tenure was up months ago and last night was another defeat. Just like Sevco at home we raised our game from professional pride. 

9th place and some people are still backing the rookie incumbent who has absolutely zero credentials other than the chairman's mate to be managing AFC.

38 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

COYR 

Roll on Saturday!!

You need to finish top half in 8 games time before you think about 'endangering Hearts'.  That's going to be tough enough as it is. 

A lot of complacency here amongst the pro Glass crowd. Need to wake up folks, we're in a battle now and there's serious work to be done. 

Guest findlay_1903
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

You need to finish top half in 8 games time before you think about 'endangering Hearts'.  That's going to be tough enough as it is. 

A lot of complacency here amongst the pro Glass crowd. Need to wake up folks, we're in a battle now and there's serious work to be done. 

I’m willing to give the guy the season, as long as it’s not seriously threatening our premier league status. Saturday is pivotal though, a drubbing to the steelmen will test patience.