Aberdeen 2 - 3 Celtic

It's a pity we had to start playing at 2 nil down as they were there for the taking imo.

1st goal mistake by Woods/ramsay.

2nd goal deflection.

There 3rd goal was offside & also a foul on bates.

But we started terribly & stood off allowing tims too much time on the ball as per.

But in the end its still another defeat.

The stats that some guys on here are quoting are bad no doubt.

Think Saturday is make or break for us & Glass.

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You need to finish top half in 8 games time before you think about 'endangering Hearts'.  That's going to be tough enough as it is. 

A lot of complacency here amongst the pro Glass crowd. Need to wake up folks, we're in a battle now and there's serious work to be done. 

Hearts are going to finish third at a canter which is a damming indictment on the remainder of the league as they are absolutely shite 

16 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

I’m willing to give the guy the season, as long as it’s not seriously threatening our premier league status. Saturday is pivotal though, a drubbing to the steelmen will test patience. 

Any sort of defeat on Saturday leaves his position untenable imo

• Upvote 1
Guest findlay_1903
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You're that aberdeen1903mad guy using a new username aren't you? 

I’ve been on the hat for years and certainly not somebody else!!!!

24 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

I’m willing to give the guy the season, as long as it’s not seriously threatening our premier league status. Saturday is pivotal though, a drubbing to the steelmen will test patience. 

Out of interest, how did you arrive at "the season" being the length of time Glass should be given? 

To me it just seems to be an arbitrary time period which kicks the can down the road to avoid the reality of Glass's tenure. We won't learn any more by keeping him until then. The data is in, and it says failure.

9 hours ago, thurso said:

Well I never seen the game tonight only highlights on sportscene but god knows why your blaming Ramsay for the first was keepers ball and mistake all day long. 

Their third goal was also offside 

Ramsay switched off at the first goal. He just presumed Woods was dealing with it which a defender should never do. 75% Woods to blame, 25% Ramsay

Third goal I had changed from Red TV commentary to Radio Shortbread. The pundits all seemed to agree it wasn't offside but did all agree that Bates was fouled which is why they thought we were complaining so bitterly to the linesman and Gollum when it wasn't awarded

Guest findlay_1903
34 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Out of interest, how did you arrive at "the season" being the length of time Glass should be given? 

To me it just seems to be an arbitrary time period which kicks the can down the road to avoid the reality of Glass's tenure. We won't learn any more by keeping him until then. The data is in, and it says failure.

If we sack a manager after hardly a year, we will do the same with the next one, you’ve got to give the guy the season. Take time make a call. 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ramsay switched off at the first goal. He just presumed Woods was dealing with it which a defender should never do. 75% Woods to blame, 25% Ramsay

Third goal I had changed from Red TV commentary to Radio Shortbread. The pundits all seemed to agree it wasn't offside but did all agree that Bates was fouled which is why they thought we were complaining so bitterly to the linesman and Gollum when it wasn't awarded

Bates was fouled by a player in an offside position who was clearly interfering with play. Goal shouldn't have stood. 

Guest findlay_1903
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why will we do the same with the next one?  Our previous manager was here 8 years 

He was relatively successful and a huge amount will make him the benchmark. If that happens, you’ll be looking for a manager every 2 years or so in my opinion.

10 hours ago, thurso said:

Well I never seen the game tonight only highlights on sportscene but god knows why your blaming Ramsay for the first was keepers ball and mistake all day long. 

Their third goal was also offside 

Their third goal was 100% not offside. Couldn’t be less offside. Honestly min some of the fans we have. Clutching at straws 

should have cashed in on Ramsey. Like Fergo. Peaked now in regression. It’s the Aberdeen way. 

must be an awful environment to be in just now 

Just now, Poodler said:

Their third goal was 100% not offside. Couldn’t be less offside. Honestly min some of the fans we have. Clutching at straws 

should have cashed in on Ramsey. Like Fergo. Peaked now in regression. It’s the Aberdeen way. 

must be an awful environment to be in just now 

Abata was offside and blocked Bates from covering Jota (clearly interfering with play) so it was offside.

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

If we sack a manager after hardly a year, we will do the same with the next one, you’ve got to give the guy the season. Take time make a call. 

Sorry but that is nonsense. Whether or not we sack the next manager within a year will depend entirely on results, performances and if we can see that progress is being made. 

Sacking Glass now, shouldn't affect that. 

You've got to give the guy the season.. Why? Why? Why? 

6 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye I dont get it to be honest. Think everyone has seen enough to know hes not the one.

If you inherit a team thats been in the top 4 for 8 years running and give him money to improve them you really shouldnt be 9th in February. 

Its just a shame the whole structure of the club now looks a mess. We looked sorted for the long term 5 years ago. 

Guest findlay_1903
12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Sorry but that is nonsense. Whether or not we sack the next manager within a year will depend entirely on results, performances and if we can see that progress is being made. 

Sacking Glass now, shouldn't affect that. 

Win the next 3 games and would look ridiculous to sack him, it’s not impossible we still salvage a half decent season. Unlikely I agree, but I’m not chasing him out just yet! COYR

11 hours ago, Bamber said:

being logical

cormack will be in  country in a week or so at tjhe latests so nothinging is happening this week

Ferguson game is 26th nothing is getting in the way of that 

after those 4 games we could be 4th or 10th

4th going nowhere 10th going

At least got till the end of february i reckon

Is there a particular reason the Fergie homecoming thing is on that exact date? I'm wondering if over the next couple weeks they might look for some kind of excuse to move it until later in the season. It would be embarrassing to do it if we've sacked our manager a week or two before, or if we sack him the day after.