Glass Sacked

17 minutes ago, BIG FAN said:

Glass was hung to dry by the Aberdeen board ,they did not back him in any of the transfer windows , and sold a few from under him ,tight arse pricks ,they did the same last year to mc kindness.Any incoming manger would be well advised to take note .

Utter pish he brought in about 9 players including JET who is absolutely horrendous. Who did they sell out on him with???

I wouldn't have given him a penny after his first transfer window. Clueless. Good riddance to Glass. Might be a nice guy but never a manager.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Glass' biggest mistake 

When Sheerin left he had the space to bring in an experienced coach to balance his other choices and he went and chose Apaloo. Terrible decision and a forewarning right from the start. 

Yea totally agree on this.

Someone like Peter Houston or such like. Would still be a shout now if its Simmie, Robson and Brown for all 13 games

Took the dog out for a walk down the beach for an hour and return to find out Glass has gone. Not before time Mr Cormack.

As others have said, Jack Ross is free. Couldn't see any circumstances where he'd take the job interim. For one thing he certainly couldn't commute up from NE England.  He wasn't a disaster at Hibs but wasn't too good at Sunderland, although the Mackems were, and remain, a total mess off the field. An 18 month deal would make sense with the promise of an extension if he secured us European football next season. But I have a feeling we are fully invested into the one year rolling contract thing now....it's proved it's worth to Cormack as it's allowed us to punt Glass relatively cheaply.

Goodwin at St Mirren is also worth an interview at least. Obvious downside is that he'd cost a fair bit of compensation.

Hopefully there will be a few applications coming in from down south and Europe too.

Lennon can take a running fuck to himself though

20 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Would be a laugh if it were sir Alex himself short term to help us out for the remainder of the season and for him to directly help in the picking of our next manager in the summer, a thank you for his statue if you will ?

Early for crack pipe to be lit…but it is Sunday I guess 

32 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Utter pish he brought in about 9 players including JET who is absolutely horrendous. Who did they sell out on him with???

I wouldn't have given him a penny after his first transfer window. Clueless. Good riddance to Glass. Might be a nice guy but never a manager.

The signings were fuck all to do wee him,and Broon was behind Jet coming here...Fact

• Haha 1

I still want us to avoid the merry go round of Scottish managers. Jack Ross is not the answer.

However I do think Goodwin would be a good appointment. He'd certainly get a reaction out of his players and potential signings would want to play for him. Glass didn't have that appeal factor.

Gunn has to go now. Bring someone in an experience DoF and Manager and the results will come.

I fully expect a competent manager, experienced DoF and the past 12 months of scouting to produce a team that will finish minimum third and a cup final next season.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Delighted Glass has gone. Nice guy and thanks for helping us win the League Cup in 1995 as a player but way out of his depth as a manager.

The next week will be interesting as if we suddenly beat St Johnstone and Motherwell then will it look like the players have been ducking their responsibility in an effort to get Glass out?

Maybe but don't forget that Glass played Ojo left wing.

If that's only him picking the team, what other tactical shite was he instructing the players to do.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Would be a laugh if it were sir Alex himself short term to help us out for the remainder of the season and for him to directly help in the picking of our next manager in the summer, a thank you for his statue if you will ?

But would his health hold up , fighting for survival in the playoffs .  He has a plot on the broad hill overlooking pittodrie, if any thing should happen to him god forbid. 

I agree with Cormack taking us off the managerial merry go round in Scotland and wanting to be a bit more progressive. However, an ‘emerging talent’ needs to have the right talents and experience/support around him. Cormack got the appointment and infrastructure completely wrong. Lessons must be learned, he has no choice. 

3 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Poor cunt was oot of his depth from day one. If there ever was a lesson learned episode for Cormack and the board this was it - let's see if it's taken on board

This is the crux of the matter. Seen some blogger boy touting the Atlanta 2 manager (Jack Collison or something)

Get that right in the fucking bin! 

• Upvote 1