Ross McCrorie

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No chance. 
He’s not good enough to play midfield for Scotland.

Besides, fuck playing for Scotland & having to miss games for the Dons. 

Why would he play midfield for Scotland when Ten Caat says he definitely wants to play centre half. Ten Caat in making things up since forever.

Hope Lewis and Brown are gone in the summer and McCrorie is captain. No-one else who's even remotely captain material (think Ferguson will be gone in the summer too). McCrorie has made the odd mistake, but can never doubt his attitude, never shirks a header or tackle, all action type player who can inspire others. He captained Scotland U21s for a couple of years I think. 

Very much hope Polvara can make the step up, because it is a big step up for him.

He definitely seems to have some ability, but sometimes that's not enough in itself.

Big, strong lad. Though. Hopefully he's the one who'll sort out the likes of Sibbald and Van Veen's antics.

Would be nice to see one Aberdeen player who isnt scared to get in their faces.

A bizarre extension given he still have over 2 years left on his deal. Given what we've seen from him, I doubt he's ever likely to command a big fee in a sale, so I don't see the need to get him tied up on such a long deal. 

I get the importance of continuity and I do think he's a decent player. However I wouldn't be tying ourselves in to such a long deal. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I think the reasoning is he's starting to make a bit of a name for himself. Clubs in the second tier of English football would def risk paying a half decent fee for him should this continue. 

Maybe you're right, Hanz. I just can't say he's ever struck me as someone who'd make us any dosh, especially given his previous spell down south wasn't that successful. 

Hopefully he kicks on under Goodwin though and proves me wrong. 

29 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

Just watched his interview on Red TV. Clearly loves playing for the club. Likeable lad. Perhaps our next Captain come the summer?

Jim Goodwin described him as “future captain material”.

How far in the future who knows?

Assuming Brown goes in the summer, then Ross McCrorie would be front of the queue to be new captain I think. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Very much hope Polvara can make the step up, because it is a big step up for him.

He definitely seems to have some ability, but sometimes that's not enough in itself.

Big, strong lad. Though. Hopefully he's the one who'll sort out the likes of Sibbald and Van Veen's antics.

Would be nice to see one Aberdeen player who isnt scared to get in their faces.

Likewise I hope Polvara is a player. We could certainly use one or two big brutes in the team, especially against the likes of Motherwell and Hearts where we have been regularly bullied. 

The young loon Ryan Duncan scored for Peterhead again tonight. I think that's 2 in 8 for him now. He looks like a big lad. I've not seen him play, but maybe someone on the forum has watched the blue toon this season and can comment. Would be great to see another youngster come through the ranks.

21 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

Likewise I hope Polvara is a player. We could certainly use one or two big brutes in the team, especially against the likes of Motherwell and Hearts where we have been regularly bullied. 

The young loon Ryan Duncan scored for Peterhead again tonight. I think that's 2 in 8 for him now. He looks like a big lad. I've not seen him play, but maybe someone on the forum has watched the blue toon this season and can comment. Would be great to see another youngster come through the ranks.

Duncan is very talented. More a Hedges type player. 

10 minutes ago, RUL said:

Duncan is very talented. More a Hedges type player. 

That's really encouraging to hear. I hope he makes it. More creativity in the team would be welcome and it's great seeing young loons come through the youth system. Barron has been a breath of fresh air and his loan at Kelty didn't do him any harm. Hopefully we see something similar with Duncan.

2 hours ago, super_al said:

I think the new deal has been struck to provide McCrorie with a release clause. 

Pretty negative view that ? had it been Lewis Ferguson I would be inclined to think this & likely he will be next for more wages but with release clause (official this time)

Maybe it was done for both parties. Our benefit to tie him down for longer & his bringing him more in line with other top earners (& with view to making him captain in future) imagine training every day knowing that wage thief Gallagher is joint second highest earner at the club? & was earning £1700 a week more than him

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/aberdeen/

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Pretty negative view that ? had it been Lewis Ferguson I would be inclined to think this & likely he will be next for more wages but with release clause (official this time)

Maybe it was done for both parties. Our benefit to tie him down for longer & his bringing him more in line with other top earners (& with view to making him captain in future) imagine training every day knowing that wage thief Gallagher is joint second highest earner at the club? & was earning £1700 a week more than him

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/aberdeen/

Matty Longstaff.....jeeez (although the site does seem to be a bit of a shambles).