Ross McCrorie

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Pretty negative view that ? had it been Lewis Ferguson I would be inclined to think this & likely he will be next for more wages but with release clause (official this time)

Maybe it was done for both parties. Our benefit to tie him down for longer & his bringing him more in line with other top earners (& with view to making him captain in future) imagine training every day knowing that wage thief Gallagher is joint second highest earner at the club? & was earning £1700 a week more than him

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/aberdeen/

Matty Longstaff £24k per week ?

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Pretty negative view that ? had it been Lewis Ferguson I would be inclined to think this & likely he will be next for more wages but with release clause (official this time)

Maybe it was done for both parties. Our benefit to tie him down for longer & his bringing him more in line with other top earners (& with view to making him captain in future) imagine training every day knowing that wage thief Gallagher is joint second highest earner at the club? & was earning £1700 a week more than him

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/aberdeen/

JET earning £161k a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ

That is a disgrace to everyone who is working today

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

JET earning £161k a year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ

That is a disgrace to everyone who is working today

I hate JET as a footballer, great talent that is completely wasted. But as a person I have great respect for him, giving it to the fucking man making 6 figures and just coasting by on natural talent. 

6 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I do like McCrorie but going forward into next season we cannot have him, Ferguson and Brown in the same team. Only 1 of the 3 will suffice. I want a strong attacking Aberdeen with plenty of imagination and a midfield who can open teams up. Attack attack attack should be the chants from the fans next season.

Ferguson & Brown will indeed be gone in summer no doubt. Ferguson will likely be next to get new deal bringing him in-line with other top earners but I do think he/his agent & dad will insist on an official release clause/fee this time. All more reason not to make him one of top earners in meantime ?

14 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ferguson & Brown will indeed be gone in summer no doubt. Ferguson will likely be next to get new deal bringing him in-line with other top earners but I do think he/his agent & dad will insist on an official release clause/fee this time. All more reason not to make him one of top earners in meantime ?

He will be sold. We should try a capitalise on the situation. His agent will be trying like a bear to get him moved on and we should let them do the donkey work. He takes a decent penalty….hope someone fills that gap amicably.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, Parklife said:

A bizarre extension given he still have over 2 years left on his deal. Given what we've seen from him, I doubt he's ever likely to command a big fee in a sale, so I don't see the need to get him tied up on such a long deal. 

I get the importance of continuity and I do think he's a decent player. However I wouldn't be tying ourselves in to such a long deal. 

Worst take on a player extension I've ever seen

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Have you listened to a word Goodwin said?

He absolutely loves mccrorie and will, quote, "build A team around him"

I know he does. 

I think if we're building a team around Ross McCrorie, then we've got real problems. He's a good player but hardly one who has sparkled and shown he's capable of big things. 

Hopefully he'll improve though. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

So only being 2 years left, makes perfect sense to extend 

2.5 years left and giving a player who's underperforming a pay rise isn't "perfect sense" in my book. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know he does. 

I think if we're building a team around Ross McCrorie, then we've got real problems. He's a good player but hardly one who has sparkled and shown he's capable of big things. 

2.5 years left and giving a player who's underperforming a pay rise isn't "perfect sense" in my book. 

Not convinced that he has "underperformed" in all honesty. Not really his fault that the last incumbent decided to play him out of position - where incidentally he was probably our best centre half in a lot of games.

Midfield is his position so hopefully a run there will do him the world of good.

38 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know he does. 

I think he will flourish under Goodwin

And do you genuinely think he is "under performing "?

I know its not hard, but I think he has been arguably our best player this season (certainly better than Ramirez)

some proper herculean performances 

(

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I know he does. 

I think the first 6 months he was here (on loan) he was brilliant in centre mid under Mcinnes. Team was pish the second half of the season and ultimately led to McInnes being punted. Glass then played him out of position at centre half (where although he was our best defender, he wasnt as effective at controlling the game, as youd expect being played further back). 

Get back to how he played that first half season in his proper position, Im fine with the team being built around him. Combative, strong in the tackle, box to box - he'll do just fine.