Ross McCrorie

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Eh?? These guys treated the club with total respect whilst they where here. So much so that it came as a shock to most that McLeish was revealed as a Rangers supporter when he took the managers job there, despite the fact that it should have been obvious.  

These guys conducted themselves in the proper fashion and it is a scandal that they would be lumped in the same bracket as some of today's players. 

That's as maybe so, albeit there was no widespread internet usage when they were playing nor social media for them to be caught out on.

However that isn't the point.

It was said that we shouldn't be signing anyone with a history of supporting Rangers/sevco or Celtic. I was merely pointing out that if we had  this policy, it would have ruled out signing those players in the past. As for McLeish....I've no idea how old you are but I was always aware in his time with us that he grew up supporting deadco

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Will you fucking losers stop arguing and just enjoy the fact that these bastards got beat. 

We have had a terrible season but England and the huns losing on penalties, in major finals, in one year is something to enjoy. 

Spot on!! I thought nothing would beat the incredible feeling of watching England lose the Euros on penalties. Last night eclipsed it. English and hun tears bring a smile to my face.

22 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Were folk really thinking McCrorie wouldn't be over there given his brother was in the squad for the game? Surely anybody in his position would be away supporting their brother in the final of a European competition?

On the pitch McCrorie knuckles down and gives 100%, and off it he doesn't come across as an in your face type of hun like the Ferguson family do.

On a related note, in general you'd think the club would give the players some basic media training / rules to abide by when they sign.

"Don't go publicly tweeting about how good rival clubs are on social media"

"Don't go about getting photo'd wearing a rival clubs strip eating a rival clubs birthday cake"

"Don't sit in a press interview and say you'd rather be at Celtic"

Things like this. Fairly simple requests given AFC are paying them a decent amount of money to be here.

Spot on

2 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

I’m very surprised with your attitude that you have a picture of 2 tins of tennents on your profile, a company that regularly sponsored the Huns and Tims. So you are basically funding them yourself. 

surely if you have a picture of 2 beers it should be brewdog since they are from Aberdeen !!!!  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Pretty much exactly what you said. He didn't conduct himself like a good professional, he messed us about for weeks while he decided what he wanted to do... and had Rangers been a better run club at the time he'd have been off like a shot. Nothing to do with how much he appreciated us... we were just a more stable option at the time.

That’s not the perceived wisdom as to what happened which I thought everyone knew. He was going to go until the Huns made it clear to him that it was their intention to screw Aberdeen over and not pay the compo.

He did an about turn after speaking to Milne

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m very surprised with your attitude that you have a picture of 2 tins of tennents on your profile, a company that regularly sponsored the Huns and Tims. So you are basically funding them yourself. 

surely if you have a picture of 2 beers it should be brewdog since they are from Aberdeen !!!!  

I think you are clutching at straws a bit there.

20 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Anyone caught over there should be sacked for gross misconduct. 

? But we'll have paid him to sign a contract with us. Sacking him - i.e. releasing him from that contract - is not a punishment.

It would be like buying a car from a dealership, then subsequently taking the hump with the dealer, and deciding to return the car without refund just to stick it up them.

In fact it's worse that that, since in this case we'd probably have to pay to return the car, given that going to a Rangers Euro game probably doesn't breach his contract.

• Site Sponsor
4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Difference back then was they left their shame at the front door and didn’t come the cunt. 

Correct. 
It wasn’t made public and they didn’t flaunt it whether they were Huns or not. 
Social fucking Mejia has a lot to answer for. 
All the same, fuck the fucking Huns. 

1 hour ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Correct. 
It wasn’t made public and they didn’t flaunt it whether they were Huns or not. 
Social fucking Mejia has a lot to answer for. 
All the same, fuck the fucking Huns. 

Plus the cheeks were shite back then so be no reason for any of our players to be giving it big ones about the bigot team they support.

3 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Yes but they would always shoot straight at his shield of steel wings wouldn't they? Not very realistic

Yeh but I'll bet his wings were magnetic tho, and they pure bent the bullets into their impenetrable grasp of steel.

So don't come it as if you could go toe-to-toe with Batfink. Cos his toes are claws, min. Claws. ?

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

McCrorie's twin brother was on the sevco bench. Do you expect him to disown him? 

As has already been said........can't think what Bates has done other than being utter mince for most of the season (there was a 2 month period in Sept/Oct when he actually looked half decent although the results were still horrendous as nearly everyone else at this time was shite). He did choose to turn down a new sevco contract when he was with them in favour of a move to Hamburg.

Ferguson....yes his behaviour last summer was pretty despicable. But remember he is a member of the Ferguson dynasty. Not exactly noted for their outstanding intelligence. He hasn't had the best of seasons for sure but he's certainly been one of our top 3 performers nevertheless and will net us a tidy profit when he is sold. 

And as for the list of Tims and huns from our Gothenburg side ( I didn't even include the injured Dougie Bell or indeed our then manager.......presumably you would apply the same rules to managers as you want to do to players?).......whilst I cannot recall any overt instances of hunnishness or dhimmery in their time with us, nevertheless I'm sure prior to joining us they would all have been guilty of the odd rousing performance of "The Sash" or "Hail Hail" at some point.

I heard a story about Dougie Bell, he apparently used to turn up at Love St with a Rangers scarf, when Fergie signed him, he told him that he was an Aberdeen employee and this kind of shite was not acceptable.

He realised that his players showing public support for an opposition team makes us look tinpot.

I can't recall any of the players in the 80s going to show support to rival teams in cup finals or European games.

Jim Forrest was one of my Da's favourite Dons players,scored over 80 goals in a 100 appearances for Sevco,so you'd think he wis a rabid hun.

He scored quite a few for us as well,wis in the 1970 cup winning side..He came oot and said that the best move he did was joining the Dons,getting away from some of the bigots at Ibrox.