Aberdeen 1 - 1 Dundee United

3 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

On what basis?

He's inherited a bag of shit from Glass. He's had less than two weeks to try and fix the unfixable due to the ability of some of that squad(namely the backline). I hope we can pull it out the bag but i can't see it. We need a big clear out this summer to get rid of the deadwood. Then  see what happens next season, i've written this one off already

My point being if Gooddraw has anything about him he will easily get us into the top 6. The league is very tight so if we win matches we will get there no problem. An Aberdeen manager should win matches. Draws are not good enough. We have a reasonable enough squad to get ourselves in the top 6.

8 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

My point being if Gooddraw has anything about him he will easily get us into the top 6. The league is very tight so if we win matches we will get there no problem. An Aberdeen manager should win matches. Draws are not good enough. We have a reasonable enough squad to get ourselves in the top 6.

I know what you mean, We should be making the top 6 but we can't keep a clean sheet and that's due to the personnel we have. This week is massive now. Need 4 points and i'd be more confident of making it

4 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I know what you mean, We should be making the top 6 but we can't keep a clean sheet and that's due to the personnel we have. This week is massive now. Need 4 points and i'd be more confident of making it

Yes, we definitely need to start winning but big changes in the team are needed. Bates needs dropped. A good manager would not start him now. He hasn’t got the concentration levels to be a decent defender. Struggled at every club he has been at.

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Based on a 15 minute cameo? 

Would the gain of having him in defence outweigh his loss in midfield? 

I'm not convinced 

Bates gave away a penalty yesterday…was fortunate with other instances during the match. I am not saying Ferguson is the answer long term as he is a midfielder but he can fit in there. McGeouch can be used in midfield 

23 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Bates gave away a penalty yesterday…was fortunate with other instances during the match. I am not saying Ferguson is the answer long term as he is a midfielder but he can fit in there. McGeouch can be used in midfield 

McGeouch can't run though. That just causes us other problems in a different area of the pitch. 

He's played less than a handful of good games in over 2 years with us.  Time for folk to move on.  A wee cameo at the end of games when we want to defend a lead and keep possession is about all he's fit for nowadays. 

But considering we are very rarely leading he's practically redundant. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McGeouch can't run though. That just causes us other problems in a different area of the pitch. 

He's played less than a handful of good games in over 2 years with us.  Time for folk to move on.  A wee cameo at the end of games when we want to defend a lead and keep possession is about all he's fit for nowadays. 

But considering we are very rarely leading he's practically redundant. 

We need changes. Too many weaknesses right throughout the team. Bates shouldn’t be in an Aberdeen strip next season…we need better than that. I would even have Considine before him and that is saying something. A traffic cone would be preferential though.

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

We need changes. Too many weaknesses right throughout the team. Bates shouldn’t be in an Aberdeen strip next season…we need better than that. I would even have Considine before him and that is saying something. A traffic cone would be preferential though.

We don't have eleven players in different positions good enough to name a starting eleven we are happy with, even with a full squad. 

And when you move one it just leaves a hole somewhere else. 

Folk saying we have a good squad are kidding themselves. I don't even think we have a good starting eleven. 

56 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We don't have eleven players in different positions good enough to name a starting eleven we are happy with, even with a full squad. 

And when you move one it just leaves a hole somewhere else. 

Folk saying we have a good squad are kidding themselves. I don't even think we have a good starting eleven. 

We don’t have a good goalkeeper and that is the starting point for every team

21 hours ago, thurso said:

Ah ok so you were counting considine and Watkins who are out long term didn’t realise that. 

we had 3 really good chances all in the first half that we should of scored second half was pretty awful. If I wanted to be pedantic they could of had a second pen 

I'm going to be pedantic and point out it's "could have".

17 hours ago, starryfish said:

I thought the fans display wasn’t great today, would have worked better with just plain red and white cards. I’d have been pissed off to be behind the big flag pre match as well and miss seeing Fergie

He was sitting in the stand all game if anyone wanted to look at him?

I thought the content of the display was all too small though. £8.5k? They could surely have got a flag that covered most of the RDS for that, like what Man United had for him not long ago, and not bothered with the cards.

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

He was sitting in the stand all game if anyone wanted to look at him?

I thought the content of the display was all too small though. £8.5k? They could surely have got a flag that covered most of the RDS for that, like what Man United had for him not long ago, and not bothered with the cards.

Got to agree with the cost of the display, seems an awful lot of money for a 30 second display, does it really cost all of that money for cards and banners? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

6000 printed sheets of card @ £1/pop

1 x 60ft banner @ £800

1 x big flug @ £600

Delivery and set up @ £1100

If that’s the cost fair enough as I have no idea how much these things cost, just seems a lot to spend on something like that. 

do people get paid to set it up? 

Guest milne_afc
23 minutes ago, ullevi said:

If that’s the cost fair enough as I have no idea how much these things cost, just seems a lot to spend on something like that. 

do people get paid to set it up? 

I don’t know, I just guessed all of that but I certainly wouldn’t organise a fan display in my free time without taking a piece of the action. The organisers do a good job imho, if you’re into that sort of thing.