Hearts 2 - 0 Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, NEM said:

Agree that was garbage tonight, as bad as anything I’ve witnessed over the years however “stuck in the 80’s and 90’s”? We fucking wish! ?

Fair point, I hit wrong dates for us, we'll early 90s, but what I am really saying is scottish football needs to wake up and move on from what we witnessed tonight. 

Have to agree with whoever called it worst performance in a long time - absolute shite.

I've turned into an armchair fan last 2 or 3 years so I guess I lose a bit of my right to moan but them players aren't worth my hard earned cash. There's no even anything getting me on edge of my seat - fucking drivel from start to finish week after week. Fair play to the diehards that go week after week ?.  I will start going again - just struggle for motivation ? 

On a side note the Co commentator on hearts TV was one of the best I've heard - anyone know who it was?

18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Huns away, Hibs home, Dundee away and then Ross County at home, remaining games before the split. 

Need to be taking 9 points out of that 

Hibs are fucked with injuries and Dundee have McGhee in charge, so we might just manage to scrape something from those games if we play like we actually know what the game football is for a change.

The other 2 games we’ve no hope.

3 minutes ago, Forever Red said:

Have to agree with whoever called it worst performance in a long time - absolute shite.

I've turned into an armchair fan last 2 or 3 years so I guess I lose a bit of my right to moan but them players aren't worth my hard earned cash. There's no even anything getting me on edge of my seat - fucking drivel from start to finish week after week. Fair play to the diehards that go week after week ?.  I will start going again - just struggle for motivation ? 

On a side note the Co commentator on hearts TV was one of the best I've heard - anyone know who it was?

Agree it was good. Better than ours I thought, but I prefer a less bias commentary. No idea who they were. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Goodwin;

”not good enough”

”weren’t anywhere near the levels required”

”we deserved nothing”

”absolutely no foul for our disallowed goal to put us 1-0 up”

”They had more energy, pace, aggression”

”we need to improve”

”extremely disappointing”

”We’re missing a lot of key players & putting square pegs in round holes”.

Who are we missing that are ‘key players’ that would greatly improve tonight’s lineup? Ramsay, Considine, McCrorie, Watkins. Three of them have played plenty this season and have all been part of the wider problems.

Quite simply it wasn't good enough. We weren't anywhere near the levels required tonight. 

"Hearts were the better team in pretty much every department, they came flying out of the blocks, we couldn't get out of our own half for the first 10 minutes.

"There was one key moment in the game at 0-0 when we had the ball in the net but the referee blows for a foul against Declan Gallagher, and having watched it a couple of times there is absolutely no foul. 

"But I'm not going to try and take anything away from Hearts - they were sharper than us, had more energy, good pace, more aggressive, everything that I want my Aberdeen team to be. 

"We've got a number of injuries to key players and we're putting square pegs in round holes, that the reality of the situation. It is what it is and we need to make the best of the situation.

"We need to be better, we need to improve. We've got to go to Ibrox on Saturday (against Rangers) and give a far better reflection of ourselves than we did here tonight."

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Quite simply it wasn't good enough. We weren't anywhere near the levels required tonight. 

"Hearts were the better team in pretty much every department, they came flying out of the blocks, we couldn't get out of our own half for the first 10 minutes.

"There was one key moment in the game at 0-0 when we had the ball in the net but the referee blows for a foul against Declan Gallagher, and having watched it a couple of times there is absolutely no foul. 

"But I'm not going to try and take anything away from Hearts - they were sharper than us, had more energy, good pace, more aggressive, everything that I want my Aberdeen team to be. 

"We've got a number of injuries to key players and we're putting square pegs in round holes, that the reality of the situation. It is what it is and we need to make the best of the situation.

"We need to be better, we need to improve. We've got to go to Ibrox on Saturday (against Rangers) and give a far better reflection of ourselves than we did here tonight."

Thank fuck for that! Feared he would try and put a positive spin on it.

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Goodwin;

”not good enough”

”weren’t anywhere near the levels required”

”we deserved nothing”

”absolutely no foul for our disallowed goal to put us 1-0 up”

”They had more energy, pace, aggression”

”we need to improve”

”extremely disappointing”

”We’re missing a lot of key players & putting square pegs in round holes”.

It’s as simple as dat

Difficult to know where to start, we were outclassed throughout. 

Think the biggest area is actually the midfield. Both barron and brown were completely ineffective. 

We looked unfit too. Hayes and Kennedy couldn't run. 

Ramirez was absolutely useless up top. 

Style of play was lacking and our shape didn't work. Fucking hell we are shite. 

Fully deserved win for Hearts we were so poor. That's any hopes of top 6 fucked now no chance we are getting in it we don't deserve to be we just haven't been good enough. I'm right behind Goodwin but he will need time to sort this shambles out.

I don't trust these players to win any of our remaining games pre split. Guaranteed hammering at the weekend and once the final whistle goes in that game that'll be 10 league games without a win which is absolutely pathetic.

• Upvote 1