Hearts 2 - 0 Aberdeen

2 hours ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

That was the worst performance I have seen in a long time. Being bossed by hearts is 100% embarrassing. No idea what kind/style of football we are trying to play with that. 

Glass had problems but at least I could see a style, an idea, kind of a pattern of play. This is just a fucking mess. 

Alarm bells were ringing for me when Goodwin spoke of having athletic guys and wanting his defenders to just defend (hoof it). Standard backward thinking which will get us no where. 

The teams behind the old firm need to change and I had a slight hope with what glass was trying to do that a change may have been coming for us, but what I just witnessed tonight was scottish football at its worst. backward and still stuck in the 80 and 90s. 

The football I saw under Glass was decent possession stats with very little end product and for the most part not very exciting nothing like we were promised. We were so easy to play against.

You say alarm bells rang when Goodwin talked about defenders first and foremost concentrating on defending and on having players who are athletic? Those things are an absolute necessity in Scottish football. Whether we like it or not this league is very low budget compared to the big leagues in europe so I don't know what some people expect? Clubs outside the big Glasgow two are never going to play like the Brazil 1970 team it's just not going to happen in a cut throat league with so little money. 

Goodwin clearly wants to mould us into a physically fit, mentally strong team with pace, aggression and good footballing ability that no-one likes playing against winning a trophy every 3 or 4 years. That is a realistic ambition and one I think we as fans should get behind. Why anyone would think him saying he wants fast athletic players and defenders who can defend properly is a negative beats me. You're going nowhere in Scottish football if first and foremost you don't have those things. Hopefully once he has those things in place a good style will evolve that we will enjoy watching. But Goodwin realises before you do that in Scottish football certain things need to be in place first. That's just reality. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

Just watched the game. That was fucking embarrassing... Absolutely no heart in that team whatsoever

We are not making top 6, The only plus point is Goodwin has time to asses what players need fucked off in the summer. Massive clear out is needed but will it happen? 

A Pre season without Europe is maybe what we need rather than sneaking into it and papering over the cracks after being absolute shite throughout the whole season. 

Serious question, is there anybody still thinks that post split we will be in the top six?

My opinion is mathematically we still can, realistically we have no fcukin chance, from our remaining 4 games before the split I don't see us getting more than 3 points at best but possibly only 1, and the very real possibility of relegation playoff match against Kilmarnock and that there is something that I would very much rather avoid, worrying times indeed.

Thank you very much Mr Fraud Cormack you pr1ck.

1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

Serious question, is there anybody still thinks that post split we will be in the top six?

My opinion is mathematically we still can, realistically we have no fcukin chance, from our remaining 4 games before the split I don't see us getting more than 3 points at best but possibly only 1, and the very real possibility of relegation playoff match against Kilmarnock and that there is something that I would very much rather avoid, worrying times indeed.

Thank you very much Mr Fraud Cormack you pr1ck.

Not a chance we're taking enough points with the games we have left. Beat on Saturday, Probably draw or defeat by Hibs. Same against Ross County and Beat dundee. 

We don't deserve to be top six. We are shite

6 hours ago, RUL said:

Difficult to know where to start, we were outclassed throughout. 

Think the biggest area is actually the midfield. Both barron and brown were completely ineffective. 

We looked unfit too. Hayes and Kennedy couldn't run. 

Ramirez was absolutely useless up top. 

Style of play was lacking and our shape didn't work. Fucking hell we are shite. 

I did say earlier I was told yesterday morning about the bug in the camp,whether it is Covid nobody has come out and said.

All these players dropped out before the game against the Arabs,last night from the off they were lethargic,Broon looked half deed,and as you said Hayes n Kennedy couldn't run..Might be something to do with the performance last night.

As for the fitba, FFS.

Difficult to say how this would have went were it not for our completely valid goal being disallowed*.

But, holy fuck we were abysmal before and after said refereeing arseholery.

Jim will be thinking of that early peel session effort by certain 80s indie legends.

This Night Has Opened My Eyes

Will be a bit more aware of the hoora job he has on his hands now.

* seems to be every game these days

20 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Thought we played well. Very unlucky as our goal should have stood. 

We would have cruised it had that been given. 

Hello Dave.

FFS take off the red tinted glasses min, we were fkn woeful got what we deserved from the game and are where we are in the league table because that is also where we deserve to be.

Disgrace of a team and rapidly becoming the laughing stock of Scottish football, thank you Dave

6 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Fully deserved win for Hearts we were so poor. That's any hopes of top 6 fucked now no chance we are getting in it we don't deserve to be we just haven't been good enough. I'm right behind Goodwin but he will need time to sort this shambles out.

I don't trust these players to win any of our remaining games pre split. Guaranteed hammering at the weekend and once the final whistle goes in that game that'll be 10 league games without a win which is absolutely pathetic.

Pretty much sums it up.

Very poor team indeed.

Defensively rotten, bates & Gallagher are murder, midfield is non existent & ramirez is fighting a losing battle up front.

Major investment needed in summer.

Just stop the season now for me.

Top 6 is a big ask the way we are playing right now, but knowing us, we will end up winning or drawing against they scumbags on Saturday. But realistically I fear a gubbing.

I sort of understand now why we brought in so many midfielders st the start of this season. To me this is where our issue is no drive or fight   It’s based around brown Ferguson both who are too similar making us too one dimensional   Unfortuanatly both are too good not to be in this team   Don’t blame defence it’s unprotected don’t blame forwards to unsupported.  
we will not get anywhere with brown and fergusson as our engine room im not critising either individually  - just both together  - playing both is like playing one 

we have tried loads as our “third” and can’t find because the other two are the same  - reason why Dylan can’t get a game is it would be three in the same role 

Was one of those games, and there's been a few this season, where you think to yourself that Brown looks finished.

Or on the brink of it anyway.

He has had a few very good games, mostly earlier on in the season, but he appears to be running out of legs / steam.

Can't see him being in the team next season.

9 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Was one of those games, and there's been a few this season, where you think to yourself that Brown looks finished.

Or on the brink of it anyway.

He has had a few very good games, mostly earlier on in the season, but he appears to be running out of legs / steam.

Can't see him being in the team next season.

As you and the poster previous to you have both pretty much surmised, brown is killing us. To slow, ineffective, we are being over run in midfield. 

I think Goodwin knows this, hence mccrorie being back in midfield until he disappeared. 

Last night midfield 3 was absolutely brutal, barron was absolutely anonymous. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

As you and the poster previous to you have both pretty much surmised, brown is killing us. To slow, ineffective, we are being over run in midfield. 

I think Goodwin knows this, hence mccrorie being back in midfield until he disappeared. 

Last night midfield 3 was absolutely brutal, barron was absolutely anonymous. 

Not really Goodwins style but Brown in between Gallagher and Bates would have been helpful last night, that's if he had to play, if he didn't I'd have went with Jenks for his legs and allow Ferguson and Barron to be the two.

On Ferguson he's fast becoming one of the biggest jokers at the club, so half arsed it's unreal, if you don't pay attention you'll almost be fooled in to thinking he's bothering his arse but he isn't.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Not really Goodwins style but Brown in between Gallagher and Bates would have been helpful last night, that's if he had to play, if he didn't I'd have went with Jenks for his legs and allow Ferguson and Barron to be the two.

On Ferguson he's fast becoming one of the biggest jokers at the club, so half arsed it's unreal, if you don't pay attention you'll almost be fooled in to thinking he's bothering his arse but he isn't.

Aye good post min. Thought it was strange that Brown was shoehorned back in the midfield. He would definitely settle down them two plonkers.

I've got no idea how Jenks and McGeouch have dropped below Barron in the pecking order though maybe when there's absolutely no hope, it's the right time to start blending through youth.

14 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Aye good post min. Thought it was strange that Brown was shoehorned back in the midfield. He would definitely settle down them two plonkers.

I've got no idea how Jenks and McGeouch have dropped below Barron in the pecking order though maybe when there's absolutely no hope, it's the right time to start blending through youth.

Last night apart Barron has been our best player since he came in. He’s light years ahead of those two 

1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Very poor team indeed.

Defensively rotten, bates & Gallagher are murder, midfield is non existent & ramirez is fighting a losing battle up front.

Major investment needed in summer.

Just stop the season now for me.

Top 6 is a big ask the way we are playing right now, but knowing us, we will end up winning or drawing against they scumbags on Saturday. But realistically I fear a gubbing.

Normally im not one for demanding a chairman puts his hand in his pocket, but on this occasion i think Cormack should as he caused this mess. 

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Last night apart Barron has been our best player since he came in. He’s light years ahead of those two 

He looks a bright spark during dark times I'll give you but I'd still like to see certainly McGeouch used more. There's no need to persistently play Brown for the sake of it.

11 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

He looks a bright spark during dark times I'll give you but I'd still like to see certainly McGeouch used more. There's no need to persistently play Brown for the sake of it.

McGeouch has been here for over 2 years and can count the number of good games he’s had on one hand. He’s neat and tidy but not good enough and never fit. Him and Brown both need removing from the wage bill - probably the guts of £10k per week between them for very little return 

As has been stated, it was our midfield and shape that caused us to struggle last night. Struggled to get on possession and when we did get the ball our passing and movement was poor and predictable. Pretty much 10 yards behind where we should have been throughout.

Our CBs have obviously been told to shift and release the ball far quicker, but our midfield never offered out balls, and balls back to Lewis resulted in losing possession again due to the fact he can’t find an Aberdeen player.

Lots to do, but midfield is priority - by a long way.

Problem  with Brown 

He is team captain and so very very difficult to drop and goes back to the early days decision to make Joe Club Captain and Brown Team Captain that makes it VERY difficult to drop brown ( you have a player who is the team captain and he is on the bench???? for your club captain????) Making him team captain was probably the obvious answer and the easy answer but probably the wrong answer

Brown would be perfect with a young charger next to him  to do the leg work and link midfield and attack

Fergusson would be perfect with a young clever player next to him with the vision to link midfield and attack

Problem is they are with each other and not complementing the other. 

There had been talk going into the new year about a turnaround coming its (as it has been for the last 3 years) in the middle we need to build a midfield that complements I would say build around fergusson but I feel that ship has sailed and we missed that chance so who to bring in

think we probably need 3 maybe 4 - two centre mids - a right sided forward and a experienced defender. we probably have the right sided forward and defender at the club ( albeit too old ) we need to complimenting centre mids 

I don’t trust the players and I’m already doubting our new manager. Can’t even muster a new manager bounce and win the first few games. I think that is the worst performance I’ve seen for a long time! Our club on the park is an absolute joke and I’ll be honest I’m not even sure I blame the managers now the recruitment has to take a lot more of the blame. Our players are fucking shite! Budget increases every year and we get worse. Every game I think we are turning the corner and every week we get pumped. If Dundee or St Johnstone can pick up points I think we could go down we are that bad. Thankfully I don’t think they will be able to bridge the gap…

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

I don’t trust the players and I’m already doubting our new manager. Can’t even muster a new manager bounce and win the first few games. I think that is the worst performance I’ve seen for a long time! Our club on the park is an absolute joke and I’ll be honest I’m not even sure I blame the managers now the recruitment has to take a lot more of the blame. Our players are fucking shite! Budget increases every year and we get worse. Every game I think we are turning the corner and every week we get pumped. If Dundee or St Johnstone can pick up points I think we could go down we are that bad. Thankfully I don’t think they will be able to bridge the gap…

Stephen Glass got a draw and a win against Hearts with the players during this season and at no time were we totally outplayed. Just saying…