Squad speculation...

11 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

That could be the same for all the players then.

Managers are changed all the time. Players know the score as far as that goes.

He came here because of Glass and Russell though, add in that he is now being forced to play a way that doesn't suit his game, I'll be very surprised if he's in our side next season, already had 2 English championship sides watching him.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, The Gee Man said:

At least this season has 100% proved one thing our scouting set up is an absolute mess. And along with Gunn out we need someone brought in to re shape our scouting network and get us fit for the future of football 

We need someone with experience of Football Manager 2022 and a taste for Gregg's.

So long as players are leaving for money then that's no bad thing... A Cosgrove style situation with Ramirez where someone comes in with a couple of million could be just the solution... Sell Ferguson & Ramsay and you could end up with a £7 or 8+ million quid kitty... I'd expect half of that to go into the club and half to go to Goodwin... If you can't coast into 3rd place with that sort of cash then are you really that good a manager ? More than happy to sell if the right minded up and coming players have been scouted and are recruited... Fuck off with the bang average past it journeymen...

You don’t need big outlay money to get a decent spl squad! We pay good wages and should be scouting far better than we are. Too many crocks is the problem. We can get some spl campaigners and a mixture of youth players and scouted talent and challenge for 3rd. Throw in a European run and attempt to win cups is unfortunately success these days. The ugly sisters far out spend us and unless we get a sugar daddy. We must build a squad to compete 

3 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

So long as players are leaving for money then that's no bad thing... A Cosgrove style situation with Ramirez where someone comes in with a couple of million could be just the solution... Sell Ferguson & Ramsay and you could end up with a £7 or 8+ million quid kitty... I'd expect half of that to go into the club and half to go to Goodwin... If you can't coast into 3rd place with that sort of cash then are you really that good a manager ? More than happy to sell if the right minded up and coming players have been scouted and are recruited... Fuck off with the bang average past it journeymen...

You’re forgetting Hearts are getting £5m from guaranteed European group football in 2022/23 are they not? 

Bit of a sickener that they’ve been bumming around the lower leagues for the last few years whilst we’ve qualified for 8 years consecutively, yet they’ll get straight in as I understand it. 

4 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Aye someone’s gonna pay a couple million for a 31 year old striker who has less than Bruce Anderson this season and only has a year left on the contract.

I think a league 1 wanting championship in England would give us £1.5-2 million for Rameriz with a hope he gets them promotion 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re forgetting Hearts are getting £5m from guaranteed European group football in 2022/23 are they not? 

Bit of a sickener that they’ve been bumming around the lower leagues for the last few years whilst we’ve qualified for 8 years consecutively, yet they’ll get straight in as I understand it. 

In Europe nothing is guaranteed, they change the rules to work for the big 8

50 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought Ramirez joined us on a 3 years deal so has 2 years left?

Difficult to pin a value on him right enough. But I definitely agree if we were offered £1.5m we should snap it up. Suspect £1m is probably more realistic

How is £1 million realistic? We literally got him from free despite him being under contract at his last club. £400k absolute tops 

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

How is £1 million realistic? We literally got him from free despite him being under contract at his last club. £400k absolute tops 

Happens every time min. 

Only a few months ago some folk were expecting £5m for Ferguson and £8-10m for Ramsay.  Plus add ons in both cases.