Squad speculation...

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Thought we got slightly more than that for McKenna to Forest. 

Aye 2.85m, good spot.  He would have been the same age as McGinn when he went? 

I can't find the record fee paid by a championship club for a Scottish based player over 30 but I'm assuming it's way below those sort of levels. 

English championship clubs only pay silly money when they're proven in that league, which Ramirez isn't. For example waghorn goes from rangers to ipswich for 250k, scores circa 15 goals then signs for derby for 6 million. Nick Blackman joins reading on a free after time in Scottish football, has one good season then signs for derby for 4 million... etc etc. You saw how much blackburn scrimped over the fee for hedges, if they aren't proven in championship then they won't cough up.

19 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

English championship clubs only pay silly money when they're proven in that league, which Ramirez isn't. For example waghorn goes from rangers to ipswich for 250k, scores circa 15 goals then signs for derby for 6 million. Nick Blackman joins reading on a free after time in Scottish football, has one good season then signs for derby for 4 million... etc etc. You saw how much blackburn scrimped over the fee for hedges, if they aren't proven in championship then they won't cough up.

Someone coughed up for Cosgrove

If I recall correctly didn't a Championship team cough up over a mil for Barry Robson (admittedly from Celtic) when he was 31 ? Anyway... The fact that Championship clubs have been looking at him according to some means it's not out of the realms of possibility that we'd be able to secure 7 figures for him if we were canny operators... His window for resale will be getting ever smaller... The point I'm trying to make is that selling players to get a transfer kitty to rebuild this team is what Goodwin should be looking at. He really has inherited a squad shit show that will take a number of transfer windows to have a squad in his image if he can't offload and rebuild with some cash. And selling our assets when they're hot is the way to do it... Not when they're down to the 12 months left on their contracts...

Anyone who thinks we could get more than 500k for Ramirez is living on another planet. Scottish clubs just cannot demand a seven figure fee for a 31 year old, relatively untested in British football. 

We have been rubbish this season and he has managed to get a good few goals, however his goals to minutes ratio is a lot higher than the rest of the top ten scorers. 

Bruce Anderson for example scores a goal every 145 minutes, with a goal conversion rate of 41% and shot accuracy of 59%

Chrisitan Ramirez scores a goal every 257 minutes, goal conversion rate of 28% and shot accuracy of 56%, also 171 passes incomplete is considerably higher than most number 9's in the league, however he has played a lot of minutes. 

Ramirez has also been caught offside the most in the league by a distance. His hold up play is extremely questionable, a penalty box striker and a Rooney type in a better Aberdeen team, but I don't see us demanding a decent fee unless it comes from the MLS. 

4 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Anyone who thinks we could get more than 500k for Ramirez is living on another planet. Scottish clubs just cannot demand a seven figure fee for a 31 year old, relatively untested in British football. 

We have been rubbish this season and he has managed to get a good few goals, however his goals to minutes ratio is a lot higher than the rest of the top ten scorers. 

Bruce Anderson for example scores a goal every 145 minutes, with a goal conversion rate of 41% and shot accuracy of 59%

Chrisitan Ramirez scores a goal every 257 minutes, goal conversion rate of 28% and shot accuracy of 56%, also 171 passes incomplete is considerably higher than most number 9's in the league, however he has played a lot of minutes. 

Ramirez has also been caught offside the most in the league by a distance. His hold up play is extremely questionable, a penalty box striker and a Rooney type in a better Aberdeen team, but I don't see us demanding a decent fee unless it comes from the MLS. 

How does Anderson compare in the much quoted XG stats that are used here  for Ramirez?

1 hour ago, GDON21 said:

Well when I made my complete guess at his value, it was on the (wrong as has been proven) basis that I thought he had 2 years left to run on his contract. I accept that with only 1 year left in summer it would be reasonable to assume a lesser figure although I do think that the figure of £400k suggested by one poster would be rejected out of hand if we were offered that in the summer. 

Nevertheless....he is still under contract and as such his value is whatever AFC says it is. It's just purely hypothetical as it isn't a  transfer window yet and we are all just surmising he might be a bit unsettled because the manager who brought him to the club has been fired and in the aftermath of the tweet supporting sevco.

There's no evidence that any other clubs might be interested as yet. His scoring record is decent at a first glance. Maybe not quite so good if those stats you quote are accurate. But then again, hes utilised as a lone striker in a side that frankly cannot be described as anything other than "shite" on the evidence of the season as a whole to date.

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well when I made my complete guess at his value, it was on the (wrong as has been proven) basis that I thought he had 2 years left to run on his contract. I accept that with only 1 year left in summer it would be reasonable to assume a lesser figure although I do think that the figure of £400k suggested by one poster would be rejected out of hand if we were offered that in the summer. 

Nevertheless....he is still under contract and as such his value is whatever AFC says it is. It's just purely hypothetical as it isn't a  transfer window yet and we are all just surmising he might be a bit unsettled because the manager who brought him to the club has been fired and in the aftermath of the tweet supporting sevco.

There's no evidence that any other clubs might be interested as yet. His scoring record is decent at a first glance. Maybe not quite so good if those stats you quote are accurate. But then again, hes utilised as a lone striker in a side that frankly cannot be described as anything other than "shite" on the evidence of the season as a whole to date.

If Ramirez goes anywhere I'd guess it'll be back to the US. I like him, but he's one of the slowest strikers I've ever seen.

37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

£400k would definitely be rejected. But I think it is the highest fee we would receive if anyone did want him. 

Therefore he is here to stay and to run down that final year.

9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

£400k would definitely be rejected. But I think it is the highest fee we would receive if anyone did want him. 

Therefore he is here to stay and to run down that final year.

Depends whether Goodwin likes him and whether he fits into the plans Goodwin has in terms of formation and style. If he doesn't fit, a few hundred grand fee and getting his huge wage off the wage bill would make sense.

• Upvote 1

What we do or don’t do with Ramirez May also come down to Ramirez himself. If, and it’s a big if, a bid comes at say £500k and Colgate Dave decides that this is not enough. Ramirez might say, “hold on, my mate Stephen is gone; Hedges is gone; Watkins is a crock; McLennan is a complete numpty; Kennedy isn’t much better. Based on all of that, I’m off”

15 hours ago, Itsagoal said:

What we do or don’t do with Ramirez May also come down to Ramirez himself. If, and it’s a big if, a bid comes at say £500k and Colgate Dave decides that this is not enough. Ramirez might say, “hold on, my mate Stephen is gone; Hedges is gone; Watkins is a crock; McLennan is a complete numpty; Kennedy isn’t much better. Based on all of that, I’m off”

Aye and Colgate says “based on having a year left on your contract you’re going nowhere so pipe down ye sulky yank cunt”

2 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Good for Johnny 

He is worth another year

You get 100% effort from him always

Players like Ojo and McLennan only give 20%. 

Yip - hardest working player in the squad (“group” ?)

If that goal in the 2016 cup final was the winner and he hadn’t fucked off to Timothy straight after he’d be going down as an all time Aberdeen great 

3 hours ago, super_al said:

Jonny has been a fantastic servant to Aberdeen, however both he and Mr "Yes Sir I Can Boogie" should be moved on. We need to upgrade if we want to challenge next season.  

We are so bad at moment we cant afford to write off Hayes and Considine in the upcoming transfer window.

Much bigger fish to fry with quite possibly a 10 player turnover

I just watched the goals of the Hearts v St. Mirren game, the lad Alnwick certainly played like an Aberdeen player last night.

Sat on his arse and fumbled the ball in the 6 yard box for the first goal and the striker hit his shot from around 4 yards for the 4th goal.

He's doesn't appear to be an upgrade on Lewis, Alnwick being on a lesser wages probably being the only benefit.

35 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I just watched the goals of the Hearts v St. Mirren game, the lad Alnwick certainly played like an Aberdeen player last night.

Sat on his arse and fumbled the ball in the 6 yard box for the first goal and the striker hit his shot from around 4 yards for the 4th goal.

He's doesn't appear to be an upgrade on Lewis, Alnwick being on a lesser wages probably being the only benefit.

Thought exactly the same myself.
If we are going for a better squad we need to improve on the players we are replacing not go sideways or backwards just because they are cheaper