https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8946743/ukraine-fans-war-banners-scotland-world-cup/

did we sanction the use or get paid for the use of the club crest in this politicised nonsense? 

The club haven’t publicly alligned to this Ukrainian cause, it could cause revenue issues having our badge used like this. 

Aberdeen FC should not be used as a pawn in political posturing. This is very alarming 

It's terrible whats happening in Ukraine which is partly a reason for this game to go ahead and give their nation some escapism from all the atrocities.

I dont remember the African Nations Cup allowing teams to 'qualify' when there were plenty atrocities going on.

Or China or Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia or India or ...

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

No time for sickly sentiment here.  This is football.  Furthermore, it's the World Cup.  This only happens once every 4 years, or once every 24 years or more if you're a porridge wog.  Wars happen all the time. 

The prospect of a game between Ukraine v Iran/Wales v US&A is a dire one - nobody is watching that, from Qatar, on their lunch break.  Contrast that with a Brazil v Cameroon or even Scotland v the ingloids. 

Expecting to win this comfortably.  Super John McGinn with many acts of brilliance. 

I'd rather we lose to Ukraine than to a Wales team with Bale and Ramsey in it.  Being a lifelong Scotland fan, I'm hoping we beat both but expecting to be disappointed.  

I'm also hoping for commentary full of war related analogies - bombing forward, attacking the flanks, shooting on sight, went down like he was shot, etc. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Stavrogin said:

I'd rather we lose to Ukraine than to a Wales team with Bale and Ramsey in it.  Being a lifelong Scotland fan, I'm hoping we beat both but expecting to be disappointed.  

I'm also hoping for commentary full of war related analogies - bombing forward, attacking the flanks, shooting on sight, went down like he was shot, etc. 

Wonder if English commentators will mention Russian Linesman 

Scottish government should have helped Stevie Clarke out with some mind games before this and made it clear that a Ukraine win tonight means all Ukrainians enjoying cushy refugee status here in Scotland will be deported back to the war zone. Dnipro kids, back on the bus, off yi pop. 

Mon the Scotland!

Hoping for a victory tonight, then some luck against a Wales team that may just be too strong for us (that's how poor Scotland are).

Fingers crossed we get to the Finals, give us something to look forward to in the depths of mid November - they will be out by December afterall.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

'Hampton Park'  GTF ya ingloid boot. 

Journo there to the piper, politely saying - shut the fucking silly noise up boy.