Scotland love an aging stalwart at the back / yer Hanley, Mulgrew, Weir etc. does this dinosaur mentality ever achieve anything? 

Mckenna has just won the ‘most valuable game in football’, confidence high, played in big games. 

pretty awful team archaic team selection but that’s been ecosse for a generation. 

let’s get back to REAL FOOTBALL COYR

Well thanks to Grant Hanley and Liam Cooper - the David Bates and Declan Gallagher of international football for ensuring my 5 hour trip from Aberdeen to Glasgow thanks to some horrendous traffic was a total waste.

Oh and John McGinn and Andy Robertson were anonymous tonight.

Very lucky it was only 3-1. Ukraine outclassed Scotland tonight.

The truth is Clarke has marginally improved this squad, squeaked a few results in tight games and that's really it- there's not a fucking lot more he can do.

That's because we're still essentially shit and it's pathetic how excited our fans and media get at having 2 or 3 quality players when proper footballing nations have 15 or 20 or 30 guys at that level.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Helmet said:

The truth is Clarke has marginally improved this squad, squeaked a few results in tight games and that's really it- there's not a fucking lot more he can do.

That's because we're still essentially shit and it's pathetic how excited our fans and media get at having 2 or 3 quality players when proper footballing nations have 15 or 20 or 30 guys at that level.

2 or 3 quality players? There was none on the evidence of tonight.

This result should have been the natural parting of ways for Scotland and Clarke. Instead he was handed a new contract a few months ago and we are stuck with him till 2024. 

It's been blatantly obvious for ages that McTominay isn't a central defender at any level . And that Hanley isn't an international class one. Ditto Liam Cooper.

The Hickey experiment also backfired. He was like a little boy lost out there. 

Hopefully there'll be a raft of international retirements in the aftermath

Hanley, Cooper, O'Donnell, Armstrong, Marshall and Gordon as a minimum( Marshall and Gordon would both  be serviceable for the Euro campaign but would hamper the progress of a younger long term 'keeper so I'd rather they stepped aside and let Clarke experiment a bit). Wouldn't be averse to seeing Robertson retiring too but I doubt he will

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

This result should have been the natural parting of ways for Scotland and Clarke. Instead he was handed a new contract a few months ago and we are stuck with him till 2024. 

It's been blatantly obvious for ages that McTominay isn't a central defender at any level . And that Hanley isn't an international class one. Ditto Liam Cooper.

The Hickey experiment also backfired. He was like a little boy lost out there. 

Hopefully there'll be a raft of international retirements in the aftermath

Hanley, Cooper, O'Donnell, Armstrong, Marshall and Gordon as a minimum( Marshall and Gordon would both  be serviceable for the Euro campaign but would hamper the progress of a younger long term 'keeper so I'd rather they stepped aside and let Clarke experiment a bit). Wouldn't be averse to seeing Robertson retiring too but I doubt he will

Andy Robertson retiring?  He's only 28 mate!

It felt like a friendly in the stands and on the pitch. 

Hated it. I was the only one giving the Ukraine fans the finger, tartan army soft. 

McTominay, McGinn, Robertson, Hickey particularly bad. Gilmour kept showing but the wee hun beaut was still woeful. 

Steve Clarke is a bad tactician for this level. 3 CBS til 60+ is unforgivable. They had the space in midfield on the turn all day, no tactical awareness to shut that down. 

Well beaten by a better side tonight. Fucking crap being Scottish. 

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc

Why didn’t Souttar start? Was he being saved for the Wales game? He’s a fucking hun cunt but he had a really good game in the cup final and scored one of the goals that got Scotland to this stage. McKenna too, should have played.

Robertson should have been dropped for his drunken antics at the weekend. Hickey was a bad selection. Hanley and Cooper - fucking hell!

A proper international manager would get that squad to a World Cup imho. Clarke has done alright but it’s time for the SFA to be bold(lol).

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Hated it. I was the only one giving the Ukraine fans the finger, tartan army soft. 

?

Bloody love you min

Just now, milne_afc said:

Why didn’t Souttar start? Was he being saved for the Wales game? He’s a fucking hun cunt but he had a really good game in the cup final and scored one of the goals that got Scotland to this stage. McKenna too, should have played.

Robertson should have been dropped for his drunken antics at the weekend. Hickey was a bad selection. Hanley and Cooper - fucking hell!

A proper international manager would get that squad to a World Cup imho. Clarke has done alright but it’s time for the SFA to be bold(lol).

The toilet water drinker should have played at RCB, with McKenna at LCB... I don't mind Hanley in the central role, where his job is to do the ugly side of defending.

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Still looked tipsy IYAM

I know some of his mates and let’s just say, he’s a raging drug addict!

9 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Andy Robertson retiring?  He's only 28 mate!

which is why i said i doubt he will. But I've never been convinced about squeezing him andTierney into the same side. To my mind, Tierney is the better left back But Clarke feels obliged to play them both so they both end up in positions that aren't their best ones.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Disagree - this result should be used to determine absolutely zero.

It's a complete one-off situation, playing an oppressed and war-torn country who are desperate to win for powerful symbolic reasons.

It's not indicative of anything - except the psychology of one team desperate to win; and the other team, on some unavoidable level, guilty about the very idea of winning.

And then you've got folk like Souness intensifying that by coming out and saying they want the opposition to win.

Add to all of the above the fact that I can't see anyone more suited to the post than Clarke actually wanting to the job, and I'm quite sanguine about the situation.

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc

Liverpool and the Huns are both doping on an industrial scale. That’s why Jack pulled out and Robertson is consistently hideous for the rampant Lions.

2 minutes ago, Just Dandy said:

Disagree - this result should be used to determine absolutely zero.

It's a complete one-off situation, playing an oppressed and war-torn country who are desperate to win for powerful symbolic reasons.

It's not indicative of anything - except the psychology of one team desperate to win; and the other team, on some unavoidable level, guilty about the very idea of winning.

And then you've got folk like Souness intensifying that by coming out and saying they want the opposition to win.

Add to all of the above the fact that I can't see anyone more suited to the post than Clarke actually wanting to the job, and I'm quite sanguine about the situation.

Are you saying Scotland lost out of respect to the Ukrainian war plight and that that’s ok? 

come away 

5 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

?

Bloody love you min

?

Does sound very cringe in text. 

My overarching point is, not enough hostility to the cunts. Good luck in the war etc but fuck you tonight. 

Nation of subservient pussies. We caved to the world. We cave to the English. 

We are done. 

Absolute fucking shite. The only one that gets even close to pass marks is Christie, at least he looked like he gave a fuck.

Non-league defending for the first two goals, you'd have been rightfully disgusted watching that at Sheddocksley.

Special mention for McTominay who was utter gash. Why Clarke thinks he can play any position other than midfield is baffling. If I was McKenna I'd be raging.

If I didn't know any better I'd say we deliberately chucked that game, cos if you're going to throw a game of football I'd imagine it looks exactly like what we just watched. Tepid, lazy performance that every one of them should be fucking ashamed of. We made them look much better than they are.

10 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Announce Goram.