Season ticket renewal

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The DNA scheme needs to be revisited imo.  Especially now we are bringing in millions in transfer fees. 

If it was 50% of your cash directly to the youth set up and 50% for fan share purchases then I'd be interested. 

Otherwise they can just have my season ticket money and that's their lot. 

If you don’t like it then don’t participate in the  program. Regardless of whether we are being in millions from signing players the extra DNA money helps us.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, super_al said:

If you don’t like it then don’t participate in the  program. Regardless of whether we are being in millions from signing players the extra DNA money helps us.

So I'm not allowed to suggest restructuring it just because I don't currently participate in it?

That would be like me saying you can't comment on a new stadium as, being a Canadian, you'll be unlikely to set foot in it.

A fan share system is far better than a donation, that way supporters get a return on investment.

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, but sadly it’s only about 60% capacity.

Whether that’s down to the council or that fucking wet wipe Paul Hendry, I don’t know. 

It’s cause it’s unallocated seating, I would think it’s health & safety you need to be pointing the finger at. 

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The DNA scheme needs to be revisited imo.  Especially now we are bringing in millions in transfer fees. 

If it was 50% of your cash directly to the youth set up and 50% for fan share purchases then I'd be interested. 

Otherwise they can just have my season ticket money and that's their lot. 

51% be good - that way the fans rep could tell Goodwin to get fucked when he suggests getting a shot of a player from his boyhood hero's

34 minutes ago, reekie_dock said:

It’s cause it’s unallocated seating, I would think it’s health & safety you need to be pointing the finger at. 

Aberdeen Council decision.  Type of nonsense to be expected from them

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

51% be good - that way the fans rep could tell Goodwin to get fucked when he suggests getting a shot of a player from his boyhood hero's

We need to elect a Hat Fan Rep for the job

I propose MT, but we'd need to have the meetings at Forfar services before he turns back to go down the road again

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need to elect a Hat Fan Rep for the job

I propose MT, but we'd need to have the meetings at Forfar services before he turns back to go down the road again

There's far too many huns at the club already min!

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Anyone know or heard what our season ticket sales are like now? 

Hopefully shift a couple of thousand more now we have a few signings in and hopefully a "feel good factor" on the go.

Can’t imagine there’s enough folk interested to generate a few thousand sales?

Guest findlay_1903

I renewed before kit fiasco, 25th year on the bounce easily be the last. If the fans can’t even wear replica kits whilst on the terraces on curtain raiser day, what fucking hope so we have. Disgruntled.

28 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Disgruntled.

I get this and agree with it. I’ll go a little step further. (I’ve renewed my STs for what it’s worth)

Whilst i can see it’s all very exciting to some to finally see us sign a number of players this week (the shit show of the mentally ill in the rumours thread attests to this) , I’m not at all moved to the point of thinking things are yet better. The standard of player brought in to date is questionable at least insofar that few of us know anything about them yet. Benefit of doubt must and will be given but so far it is a numbers exercise and absolutely no more.

The PR person’s comments about positivity reeks of spin, it smells of “this is what you’re getting and you will like it”. It’s out of touch with reality. There is nothing exciting yet. We need creativity, flair, and guys to get the fans excited. If they want bums on seats at Pittodrie we need a statement of intent, something bold, balls out.

So far we just look like a Jim Goodwin team. This is as much a test for his personal evolution as a coach as it is for the resurgence of our team. I’ve seen him make tactical and selection mistakes that Glass made earlier in season and I also am not convinced he understands the club. He couldn’t get a new manager bounce and now he’s got rid of the players he couldn’t get a tune out of, it is all on his head now.

A marquee signing would be perfect but a statement of intent will do. Let’s see it. 

• Upvote 3
Guest findlay_1903
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I get this and agree with it. I’ll go a little step further. (I’ve renewed my STs for what it’s worth)

Whilst i can see it’s all very exciting to some to finally see us sign a number of players this week (the shit show of the mentally ill in the rumours thread attests to this) , I’m not at all moved to the point of thinking things are yet better. The standard of player brought in to date is questionable at least insofar that few of us know anything about them yet. Benefit of doubt must and will be given but so far it is a numbers exercise and absolutely no more.

The PR person’s comments about positivity reeks of spin, it smells of “this is what you’re getting and you will like it”. It’s out of touch with reality. There is nothing exciting yet. We need creativity, flair, and guys to get the fans excited. If they want bums on seats at Pittodrie we need a statement of intent, something bold, balls out.

So far we just look like a Jim Goodwin team. This is as much a test for his personal evolution as a coach as it is for the resurgence of our team. I’ve seen him make tactical and selection mistakes that Glass made earlier in season and I also am not convinced he understands the club. He couldn’t get a new manager bounce and now he’s got rid of the players he couldn’t get a tune out of, it is all on his head now.

A marquee signing would be perfect but a statement of intent will do. Let’s see it. 

Tremendous summary. Happy clappers won’t like it though! 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Good post.

We have a huge rebuild job on our hands and we need several more signings to get the squad where it needs to be for the start of the season.

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

I renewed before kit fiasco, 25th year on the bounce easily be the last. If the fans can’t even wear replica kits whilst on the terraces on curtain raiser day, what fucking hope so we have. Disgruntled.

I genuinely can't tell if your being serious about this or just sarcastic.

Who the fuck really cares if they've got a new strip to wear to the first game of the season?

• Upvote 2
Guest findlay_1903
24 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I genuinely can't tell if your being serious about this or just sarcastic.

Who the fuck really cares if they've got a new strip to wear to the first game of the season?

Someone that has a proud history of wearing replica kit to show my association to the club I love, I won’t apologise for that!  

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Yeah. We still need a left sided CH (core squad not Scales/loan)

We also need at least one creative mid (same as above/core) possibly even 2 so one that can play wing also.

We also need another decent striker as a fk load of faith has been lost on Ramirez. 

so I see it as needing 3 (very good/possibly even marquee) core squad additions still needed to give us a fighting chance & other luxury/bonus loans for top up latterly in window. Plus of course we have potential youth promotions like Duncan.

squad was utterly shite last season (& that is no exaggeration) we’ve binned a bakers dozen & brought in 5 core & 1 loan 

Still a lot of work to do & even more so if Ferguson goes because (regardless of split opinions) he was one of the 3-4 ‘dependable’ players last season & Ramsay has already gone.

Worries me that JG seems to see Kennedy as some kind of ‘new player’ that eases the load on the job that was required this window.

• Haha 1