Dundee v Aberdeen

18 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Aye, the last 2 seasons of Lewis have been worse than any other first choice keeper I can remember for the last 30 odd years. Can't kick the ball, can't come out and take a cross, never seems to save anything, can't organise a defence, and has a losing mentality - also seems to run into the goalposts and go down greetin after conceding goals fairly frequently. It must affect the defenders in front of him having this total liability behind them. He's at the age where he's only going to get worse, and we are never going to improve while he is in the sticks. Made a hundreds times worse by the fact he's also the captain, the player who's meant to be inspiring us and leading by example. If Goodwin doesn't punt him it will be the mistake that will cost him his job next season at some point - we're not going to get any better with that clown in goals.

Post of the day

48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The first was a foul but a blatant elbow by the fat cunt 5 seconds before.

Inexcusable that the fat cunt Beaton never saw it.

Inexcusable, or cheating.

Bear in mind this was the ref that spotted the tug on the hun at Ibrox.  Nothing wrong with his eyes that day apparently.

But absolutely take Berto’s point.  Be shite and allow cheats like Beaton to succeed.

52 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The first was a foul but a blatant elbow by the fat cunt 5 seconds before.

Inexcusable that the fat cunt Beaton never saw it.

Inexcusable, or cheating.

Yeah but it wouldn’t have been a foul had Cheatin Beaton booked / sent off Adam.

Adam went about the pitch expecting not to get booked by Beaton and get away with it. It was only after 5 or 6 blatant so not given that Beaton then gave a nothing foul and booked Adam to give the perception he was not biased.

49 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Nah we just need Hibs not to win, if we beat County then on 39 points with at least a -2 goal difference then we'd edge out one of Motherwell or Hibs regardless of any other results.

Ok, but if Hibs were to win (stranger things have happened in Edinburgh derbies), then we’re then we’re screwed as either Motherwell or Livi would take the other spot.

absolute pish we could not hold onto a win today and leave it in our own hands, 2 points from 4th

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

absolute pish we could not hold onto a win today and leave it in our own hands, 2 points from 4th

It's not just down to one game today though. It's down to the entire 32. 

We should never have been in this mess in the first place. 

Bar a few exceptions, we've collected a group of weak minded footballers who don't even cover the positions we need covered let alone have the mental fortitude required to get through a season. 

we looked vulnerable at the back the whole game against a fucking woeful Dundee so blaming the hun ref doesn't matter. The entire defence needs replacing but that's what we did this season pretty much and look where we are. I'd be telling Bates he's never playing for us again so he can sit and rot or find a club, my hearts in mouth every time the balls near him.

4 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

we looked vulnerable at the back the whole game against a fucking woeful Dundee so blaming the hun ref doesn't matter. The entire defence needs replacing but that's what we did this season pretty much and look where we are. I'd be telling Bates he's never playing for us again so he can sit and rot or find a club, my hearts in mouth every time the balls near him.

The season has seen a catalogue of shite referee calls against us. But it's also seen a catalogue of fucking horrendous goals conceded for professional players.

We've been dodgy as fuck at the back from day 1 and that's why we are where we are 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not just down to one game today though. It's down to the entire 32. 

We should never have been in this mess in the first place. 

Bar a few exceptions, we've collected a group of weak minded footballers who don't even cover the positions we need covered let alone have the mental fortitude required to get through a season. 

It’s true, it’s over the whole season.

The previous 31 games were in the past though and today, we twice had the opportunity to hold on and put it into our own hands going into the final game.

In the hunt for Europe, I said last week we needed 9 points in the 3 games to give us a chance. We might scrape into 6th, but I’m not confident we can get 5th by the season end.

Depressing really

19 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Yeah but it wouldn’t have been a foul had Cheatin Beaton booked / sent off Adam.

Adam went about the pitch expecting not to get booked by Beaton and get away with it. It was only after 5 or 6 blatant so not given that Beaton then gave a nothing foul and booked Adam to give the perception he was not biased.

He’s an absolute cunt. 

A hun cheat with a clear agenda against us if you look at the games he’s refereed us this season.

That, or an incredible co-incidence every game changing decision he makes is against us.

Doesn’t excuse the defending/goalkeeping though. It was as bad as Beaton.

The trouble is, the only real alternative is a 35 year old whose just back from an ACL. 

Aside from Watkins maybe coming in, I’d expect it to be the same starting X1 next week. We did have 20 attempts on goal, and given the sub-standard pitch, didn’t actually play that badly. 

Just let down by a cheat & a horrendous defensive display. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s true, it’s over the whole season.

The previous 31 games were in the past though and today, we twice had the opportunity to hold on and put it into our own hands going into the final game.

In the hunt for Europe, I said last week we needed 9 points in the 3 games to give us a chance. We might scrape into 6th, but I’m not confident we can get 5th by the season end.

Depressing really

We haven't won 3 league games in a row all season so it's a bit much expecting it now. 

The season was fucked up months ago, it just makes it look deceptively better because the other teams are so close together. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s an absolute cunt. 

A hun cheat with a clear agenda against us if you look at the games he’s refereed us this season.

That, or an incredible co-incidence every game changing decision he makes is against us.

Doesn’t excuse the defending/goalkeeping though. It was as bad as Beaton.

The trouble is, the only real alternative is a 35 year old whose just back from an ACL. 

Aside from Watkins maybe coming in, I’d expect it to be the same starting X1 next week. We did have 20 attempts on goal, and given the sub-standard pitch, didn’t actually play that badly. 

Just let down by a cheat & a horrendous defensive display. 

Fully agree WWFC

Id be expecting our goalie to deal with the first.

The second should have been dealt with by one of the CH’s

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Exactly. Hibs highly unlikely to win at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, DandyWarhol said:

He's right - we win and Hibs don't then we are definitely top 6.

Hearts have been shite lately. They won’t really give that much of a shite about this game as they are secure in 3rd & the semi is the most important game to them. This league game is a cup final to Hibs

1 hour ago, Chester Don said:

If we beat Ross county Hibs need to beat Hearts away to be above us due to our one goal better goal difference.  If Motherwell win or Livingston win we will be in the top 6 based on goal difference over Motherwell Meadow St Mirren irrelevant now due to superior goal difference should we win. 
If Livingston draw with Motherwell and Hibs don’t win we still sneak in should we beat Ross County. 

it’s not over yet and basically we need Hearts to beat Hibs

Well Livi game is irrelevant to us as regardless of their score we cannot surpass them both. So that top six place is taken by one or other (as far a we’re concerned) only game that matter (for us to benefit IF we win) is Hearts Hibs game. Need hearts win/draw & us to win. Plain & simple. Anything other than that we cannot possibly get top 6

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We haven't won 3 league games in a row all season so it's a bit much expecting it now. 

The season was fucked up months ago, it just makes it look deceptively better because the other teams are so close together. 

The season wasn’t fucked up months ago but it’s fair to say we haven’t taken numerous opportunities to address.

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip. Score draw again I reckon 

Regan  Charles cook,  will break the red dandy hearts next week.  Lewis has been missing his bearded boyfriend mchunis, and doesn’t look like he gives a shit between the sticks , and will be heading for kilmarnock next season.   Ferguson dreaming of a super club, and not concentrating fully on his game for the dons.  Ramsay in the same book as Ferguson.  Quicker they are all sold the better for the club.  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Blame ref... standard.

Yes he should have sent Adam off but look at the team.

This always blame the ref shit does my head in. It wasn't refs fault we couldn't defend first goal. It wasn't refs fault our goalkeeper is a weak giraffe neck.

Correct.

The ref was poor for both teams I thought. Some of the decisions against both teams were baffling.

But we're more than capable of fucking ourselves over with our shambles of a defence and our weak as fuck keeper. I've had concerns about Lewis mental fragility for some time now. I think his heads gone. New keeper is a priority along with a new central defender to bring some stability to the rear.

Should have won comfortably today.

Just now, afc1903mad said:

The season wasn’t fucked up months ago but it’s fair to say we haven’t taken numerous opportunities to address.

If the season wasn't fucked up months ago your pal Glass wouldn't have got sacked. 

If you think trying to scrape into the top half to have an outside chance of getting into Europe and getting knocked out by Raith and Motherwell in the early rounds of the cups isn't fucking up the season then you've got a low bar. 

• Upvote 1