Dundee v Aberdeen

10 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hearts have been shite lately. They won’t really give that much of a shite about this game as they are secure in 3rd & the semi is the most important game to them. This league game is a cup final to Hibs

Well Livi game is irrelevant to us as regardless of their score we cannot surpass them both. So that top six place is taken by one or other (as far a we’re concerned) only game that matter (for us to benefit IF we win) is Hearts Hibs game. Need hearts win/draw & us to win. Plain & simple. Anything other than that we cannot possibly get top 6

Hibs have won 3 away games out of 15 this season.

And they are brutal at the moment.

We win next week, I think we are for sure in the hallowed top 6.

2 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Hibs have won 3 away games out of 15 this season.

And they are brutal at the moment.

We win next week, I think we are for sure in the hallowed top 6.

Hearts are far more concerned with the semi the following week. Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearts tactics are to send out a good few ‘expendable’ players with the task of nobbling a couple of the Hibs more important players. Hearts won’t really give a fk if they lose this game & get a couple of unimportant players red carded.

You really think Hearts won't be trying their best to consign Hibs to the bottom 6?  They certainly won't want Hibs to win and get a massive confidence boost ahead of the semi final.  Hibs generally seem to shite themselves against Hearts anyway. I think our main issue is making sure we beat Ross County.  The way our defence is we may need to score at least 3 goals to do this.

I'm just some arsehole on the internet but as their 2nd went in I was halfway through typing " we need to stop giving away pishy free kicks when that cunt is on the park."

Why don't the cunts on the park cotton onto this? It's absolute basics. I plodded along in the juniors for years and even I know it, yet these fuckers on thousands can't. Ridiculous. We are where we deserve to be and the only positive is that Goodwin can see us for what we really are, a team of mentally weak cowards. It needs addressing. 

I'm just happy our defence has been sorted out so quickly. 

You know, when he said he'd be able to fix our defence straight way, and that it would be super-easy, barely an inconvenience, I thought he might be letting his mouth run ahead of his arse... 

...but, bless him if he wasn't spot on. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If the season wasn't fucked up months ago your pal Glass wouldn't have got sacked. 

If you think trying to scrape into the top half to have an outside chance of getting into Europe and getting knocked out by Raith and Motherwell in the early rounds of the cups isn't fucking up the season then you've got a low bar. 

Yeah, he was sacked to try and change the outcome and get on track for top 6 and Europe. Exiting the cups early didn’t help either.

The clubs main target I believe will always be Europe and Glass was rightly changed out as that objective was increasingly becoming unlikely.

I don’t have a low bar, but a realistic one. This season was always going to be a transitional one, but I still expected we should be top 6 and qualifying for Europe (top 5) through that transition

6 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

No.
F&D does.
Was just humouring him.

Hearts won’t give that much of a shite really about a Hibs top six. Just be a bonus if they don’t get it. Semi is ALL they give a fk about in short term. 

They can still affect their Euro chances post split if Hibs do get top six. To the extent of beating them & gifting whichever teams are challenging them for the Euro spots. 

12 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Hate to say it but Hayes needs dropped along with McGlennon Lewis Gallagher Bates and Ramirez

Problem is who replaces them. 
All well & good saying Lewis needs dropped but Woods is ten times worse

same rgds Ramirez (nobody to take his place)

Maybe an argument for (one of) either Bates/Gallagher getting replaced as we have Considine that could ‘maybe’ step in & not do any worse than them.

Squad is a complete shambles, full of utterly shite wage thief’s that are playing at the highest level they ever will. 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Problem is who replaces them. 
All well & good saying Lewis needs dropped but Woods is ten times worse

same rgds Ramirez (nobody to take his place)

Maybe an argument for (one of) either Bates/Gallagher getting replaced as we have Considine that could ‘maybe’ step in & not do any worse than them.

Squad is a complete shambles, full of utterly shite wage thief’s that are playing at the highest level they ever will. 

I meant sell not dropped  but your right 

What the f*ck has happened to Joe Lewis? He was the best keeper in the league just a few seasons ago. Now he’s murder.

and our defending at set pieces is woeful.

and Beaton is a cheating cunt. 

delighted for Ramsey for his goal and all round performance. The same goes for McRorie.

next week, drop Ramirez and have Marley instead.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

FFS, I have mild concussion and I'm moderately pished, but even sober I'm struggling to keep up with a' these posts nae in the right order.

Fits gan on?
Discombobulated.

Its been happening since they turned the CERN particle accelerator back on, at double speed.

Best not to think about it too much

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Correct.

The ref was poor for both teams I thought. Some of the decisions against both teams were baffling.

But we're more than capable of fucking ourselves over with our shambles of a defence and our weak as fuck keeper. I've had concerns about Lewis mental fragility for some time now. I think his heads gone. New keeper is a priority along with a new central defender to bring some stability to the rear.

Should have won comfortably today.

Agree 100%

I’m sick of Beaton this season though. I can’t recall a game he’s refereed this season where he hasn’t fucked us over.

We need a keeper (Lewis is turning in to that Tim keeper Barkas, he rarely saves anything & is weak) a centre half, left back, midfielder, striker & winger. 
And that’s not including if Ramsay &/or Ferguson go. 

Maybe a player sale can help finance it all, along with the massive wages we’re clearing off the decks. 

Still incredible to think we have a decent chance of the top 6. (We won’t as we’ll draw next week too). 

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Honestly fuck this. I know you all think I shag McInnes but between summer 2013 and say 2018/19 I used to look at our team and honestly say I love this team. This current Aberdeen team is getting like the fucking 2009/10 mark mcghee team. Bunch of shitebags

Yup

We were never , ever relying on hearts for us to get into the top 6 under mcinnes