Dundee v Aberdeen

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, that'll happen when you lose your first choice attackers and are only allowed to bring an unfit hendry,  kamberi and hornby in

That didn't help but 1 in 10 is shite regardless. Mcghee at Dundee has a team scoring more than that! (Even ignoring the 2 shitty goals we gave them yesterday)

The games before those changes up front included a 4-1 defeat to Ross County and 1 win in 5.

I liked Mcinnes and never joined in with the hate some had for him for his last couple of years.

But it was the end. Mcinnes himself said it

Move on

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Shouldn’t we wait until July onwards to judge him?

He’s been left a shitshow by a man who should never have been near a job with us.

I’ll wait before passing judgement.

I think he’s got us playing a lot better anyway. 

That wasn’t a bad performance yesterday I don’t think. Terrible pitch didn’t help but they had fuck all apart from that two terrible pieces of defending. Quite confident Goodwin can sort that out.

• Upvote 2
58 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

That didn't help but 1 in 10 is shite regardless. Mcghee at Dundee has a team scoring more than that! (Even ignoring the 2 shitty goals we gave them yesterday)

The games before those changes up front included a 4-1 defeat to Ross County and 1 win in 5.

I liked Mcinnes and never joined in with the hate some had for him for his last couple of years.

Move on

Everything went sooth as soon as that fat fake tanned cunt cormack came on board! The shiny toothed wannabe yank cunt calls himself the CEO & chairman. 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Move on

Yeah, it was the end because cormack came in and stopped supporting mcinnes

Thats why it was the end

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's not true

It's absolutely, 100% true

We went 10 games or something without scoring, yep, when we lost Cosgrove and Hedges, Watkins too I think and he was only allowed to bring in 3 unfit loanees to replace him

Did we not at least go 8 games without conceding though too?

If you can't win, don't lose 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We went 10 games or something without scoring, yep, when we lost Cosgrove and Hedges, Watkins too I think and he was only allowed to bring in 3 unfit loanees to replace him

He had already decided he was going at the end of that season, why back a manager that is going, especially one that had been making terrible use of his budget? 

27 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If he didn’t sign the likes of Kennedy then he’d have had more options.

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

He had already decided he was going at the end of that season, why back a manager that is going, especially one that had been making terrible use of his budget? 

Yeah, because cormack was in charge?

I agree, if the managers leaving there's no point giving him money

But then, replacing Cosgrove Watkins and Hedges with 3 unfit eejits is why you struggle to score goals

2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

If he didn’t sign the likes of Kennedy then he’d have had more options.

True

He bloated the squad by the end with shite on big wages.

Kennedy / Ojo etc on huge money contributing bugger all

Mcinnes had lost his fight IMO before the chairman changeover. The last 18 months weren't great, let alone the 1 goal in 10 (which regardless of options up front is shite, even that clown Mcghees team has scored 7 in 8 games

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

True

He bloated the squad by the end with shite on big wages.

Kennedy / Ojo etc on huge money contributing bugger all

Mcinnes had lost his fight IMO before the chairman changeover. The last 18 months weren't great, let alone the 1 goal in 10 (which regardless of options up front is shite, even that clown Mcghees team has scored 7 in 8 games

Pretty much this. McInnes had to build about 5 squads in the time he was at the club as we just kept on losing players. 

It was inevitable that eventually we would move on from guys like Logan, Rooney, McLean, Shinnie et al and hit rock bottom with the players that we signed. 

I think in all honesty that it started going downhill after the 2017 season. That was the last really good team that we had, and one that would have won the cup against any single team apart from Rogers unbeatable Celtic side. 

Then we lost the Rat, Hayes, and McGinn and it started going south. McInnes did really well at that point to put another team together, that could compete, but frankly there was never the same feeling we had in the first 4 years ...the feeling that we had a team that should be winning things. 

It would have been better for everyone if McInnes had moved on, probably at the end of the 2019 season, but I understand that he enjoyed the relationship with Milne. But then along comes Swiss Tony and things were never going to end well. 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Question:  Did the McInnes of 2016 believe we needed a really good team - one capable of challenging, certainly getting and keeping second?

How does that compare with 2019+ McInnes?

I think McInnes believed that if we’d kept the 2016/17 squad at least one more season we could’ve given Celtic a run for their money.  Especially if , as was hoped within Tips. Gifted earlier club , Ryan Christie could’ve been persuaded to sign for us properly rather than just being on loan.

By 2019 our squad was nowhere near as good as the 2016/17 squad and neither McInnes nor anybody else believed we could mount any serious title challenge.

Gallagher seems to have escaped criticism for his part in their first goal/free kick. 
Yes there was a foul that Cheaton ignored immediately prior but is Gallagher being excused his part in giving them a free kick straight after? Are folk using there frustration at us not getting our deserved free kick as an excuse to ignore Gallagher’s foul? 

Even seen a few saying Gallagher had ‘another’ good game. Seems some’s desperation to see Gallagher improve & prove to be a decent signing for the £ is blinkering them. Similar to how Taylor became a cult figure to a few & failed to recognise how shite he really was overall. Very much yet another player that benefits from the ‘who could we get that’s better’? Shite Justification argument. 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gallagher seems to have escaped criticism for his part in their first goal/free kick. 
Yes there was a foul that Cheaton ignored immediately prior but is Gallagher being excused his part in giving them a free kick straight after? Are folk using there frustration at us not getting our deserved free kick as an excuse to ignore Gallagher’s foul? 

Even seen a few saying Gallagher had ‘another’ good game. Seems some’s desperation to see Gallagher improve & prove to be a decent signing for the £ is blinkering them. Similar to how Taylor became a cult figure to a few & failed to recognise how shite he really was overall. Very much yet another player that benefits from the ‘who could we get that’s better’? Shite Justification argument. 

I think he's played better in general lately which wouldn't exactly be hard since he was shocking when he was picked to play Glassball as it just didn't suit him to be prancing about playing libero with the rest of the back three. 

Unfortunately the two goals conceded on Saturday has shone the light on our goalie and defence yet again so the marginal improvements made under Goodwin so far have been destroyed and it feels like they're back at square fucking one again. 

We need a clear out really across the board apart from a few obvious ones.  And it's starting to look like we're going to get one. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he's played better in general lately which wouldn't exactly be hard since he was shocking when he was picked to play Glassball as it just didn't suit him to be prancing about playing libero with the rest of the back three. 

Unfortunately the two goals conceded on Saturday has shone the light on our goalie and defence yet again so the marginal improvements made under Goodwin so far have been destroyed and it feels like they're back at square fucking one again. 

We need a clear out really across the board apart from a few obvious ones.  And it's starting to look like we're going to get one. 

I may have mentioned it before ? but it was utter footballing sacrilege the job Glass done in ‘assembling’ our defence. Should have been the backbone of his team build but he signed a bunch of overrated pish. Flooded the midfield with similar shite & hoped the Brown hype would camouflage that & topped it off with Ramirez & ‘Scottish football fans don’t realise just how good he is’ JET ?

33 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I may have mentioned it before ? but it was utter footballing sacrilege the job Glass done in ‘assembling’ our defence. Should have been the backbone of his team build but he signed a bunch of overrated pish. Flooded the midfield with similar shite & hoped the Brown hype would camouflage that & topped it off with Ramirez & ‘Scottish football fans don’t realise just how good he is’ JET ?

Signing players unsuited to his 'philosophy' yet insisting on continuing to ask them to do what they were clearly incapable of doing in some blind faith that it would all suddenly click was absolutely his downfall. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Signing players unsuited to his 'philosophy' yet insisting on continuing to ask them to do what they were clearly incapable of doing in some blind faith that it would all suddenly click was absolutely his downfall. 

His downfall is that he simply isn't a manager. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gallagher was exposed and skinned so gave away the foul as they were getting to a very promising situation. Don’t really have a problem with that. 
He also seemed to have a good first half, easier to see as in front of us.

However, (2nd goal) while Ferguson has let his man go and claiming for off side is inexcusable,  if Gallagher had held the line with Ferguson and Bates their player would have been offside. Sadly he allowed himself to sink in towards the goal and play the attacker onside.

Have to add, Bates could also have read it as he has the perfect view and covered Ferguson’s man to at least challenge him, as Bates man stayed deep and didn’t run in.

No blame on Lewis, he is just badly exposed by weak defending all round.