Maloney or Goodwin

We have appointed Goodwin, Maloney is in a job for now at least. 

Goodwin has a track record of improvement. Maloney has nothing, he's a Glass therefore a non starter for me. 

Looking forward to seeing what Goodwin does in his first transfer window, who he moves on, who he targets etc. Love his interviews, no blame on players, positive, honest, just refreshing to have someone competent again in the dugout.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:40 PM, Schapenneuker said:

He gets  a favourable press because he was the guy who made the coffee for the guy who made the tea when Belgium got together for training. 

Apparently that gave him mythical coaching abilities. 

To have that squad of players at Belgium and not even come close to achieving anything is shocking. Surprised Martinez is still there. The coaches can’t be up to much 

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, wicker83 said:

Scott Brown a shoe-in for the Hibs job

Another total unknown quantity.

A leader on the pitch but quiet off it apparently.

No fucking danger should he be managing any spl side until he’s learnt his trade a bit. Ditto Glass, Maloney, Cathro etc.

Seems really fucking obvious to me. It doesnt work. 

Gerrard being the obvious exception, got a few seasons and few quid, had Gary Mac as a coach, and the squad was in awe of him as soon as he walked in. Theres few ex-players out there that could do that. Certainly not Maloney, Scott Brown, Glass.

These guys should be starting out in the lower leagues and find their feet. 

Hibs shouldve stuck with Ross or got a better proven manager as replacement. You’d have thought they wouldve learned from our DM/Glass mistake. 

11 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Malky MacKay would be my bet too. 

Or a Kevin Thomson/Scott Brown manager/assistant. 
Two former Hibs captains might appeal to the Hibees fans?

If it's the 2 captains my suspicion is that it would be Brown manager and Thomson assistant. 

I honestly think Mackay would look upon it as the poisoned chalice it is. There's no guarantee he'd last a year. He'd be better off giving his current chairman a quick phone call and asking for a new contract/pay rise. McGregor can well afford to do so and might well be of a mind to do it to keep him out of Hibs' clutches

Anyone know what's happened to hobos.net?

Haven't looked in there for months, it doesn't seem to be in lockdown like they always used to fire it after a defeat.....but I cant seem to access their main forum. Registered users only now?

If TT is correct about Glass being favourite it should be a fucking hoot watching the meltdown

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Anyone know what's happened to hobos.net?

Haven't looked in there for months, it doesn't seem to be in lockdown like they always used to fire it after a defeat.....but I cant seem to access their main forum. Registered users only now?

If TT is correct about Glass being favourite it should be a fucking hoot watching the meltdown

No just a joke.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I just looked at Edinburgh Evening News. They've got...

3/1 David Gray

5/1 Kevin Thomson

6/1 Jonathan Woodgate

8/1 Knutsen :hysterical:

9/1 Mackay

9/1 McPake

10/1 Alan Stubbs

10/1 Lennon

Broonaldo is out at 12/1 alongside Martindale

Thank fuck Red John isn't here anymore...imagine the meltdown if Hibs got linked in any way with Knutsen in the papers? Would be seismic and rather funny. The job has McInnes written all over it. They'll realise they shouldn't have punted Ross and they'll go for him and that's why they've put Gray in charge until the summer. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Thank fuck Red John isn't here anymore...imagine the meltdown if Hibs got linked in any way with Knutsen in the papers? Would be seismic and rather funny. The job has McInnes written all over it. They'll realise they shouldn't have punted Ross and they'll go for him and that's why they've put Gray in charge until the summer. 

Aye. McInnes or McKay would be my bet. 

Kevin Thomson as the wild card. Far better option than Brown at the moment. 

48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. McInnes or McKay would be my bet. 

Kevin Thomson as the wild card. Far better option than Brown at the moment. 

Kevin Thomson would be an interesting shout for them but having only managed in League 2 and won it at a canter right enough i suspect they'll think it's too big a risk right now. Data Dave will be on the blower to Ron Gordon to give him some advice as we speak. ?