Aberdeen v Ross County

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

^^^
This. He's already cleared out some of the decks and others know they won't be here next season so we shouldn't expect him to perform miracles with this utter shit show of a squad. 

As you say the time to judge him is when he has built his own squad.

St Mirren players incoming. Least we won't get knocked out of europe by a minnow. Great times.

We now have the very worrying prospect of having to depend on a bunch of reject players, who are most likely to be part of a clearout, saving us from relegation.

Looking at their extreme lack of commitment and the woeful lack of motivation from Goodwin does not bode well for the future.

We need far more motivation than has been shown for a long time. Too much complacency and incompetence.

It all starts with Cormack..

2 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

^^^
This. He's already cleared out some of the decks and others know they won't be here next season so we shouldn't expect him to perform miracles with this utter shit show of a squad. 

A competent manager does not start transfer listing players before a massive game and his substitutions were like that of a deek & glass . And he played ojo. We're in a massive state and woudnt be surprised if we end up 11th!!

10 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

It's a terrible state of affairs with our club. I'm disgusted with most of our players and Goodwin has shown he maybe hasn't got what we need

I think Goodwin will be alright. There are some right gutless bastards who need punting and he is merely starting the process. We will be all the better for it in time. 

5 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

^^^

And these are the players we will be relying on to get us out of the mess?  All part of the master plan?

3 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

A competent manager does not start transfer listing players before a massive game and his substitutions were like that of a deek & glass . And he played ojo. We're in a massive state and woudnt be surprised if we end up 11th!!

He’s transfer listed JET (of the contracted players) 
That’s it.

And I can guarantee he’d have made fuck all difference. 

Well that was shite. 

Fucking freezing as well. 

Barron and  Watkins played OK in spells. The rest were poor.  Ferguson couldn't find a red shirt all afternoon. 

Anything that hits a hand seems to be a penalty these days. The handball rule needs to be looked at. Not that it matters, we rarely looked like scoring anyway apart from the first half chance ballooned over the bar. 

Subs were shit, assume McCrorie was injured and Watkins was knackered?  Thought it was a chance to give Ramsay a go at right wing, nae sure what's going on there. 

Hopefully get a win first time out after the split as I don't fancy this lot if the going gets tough. Most of them probably already realise they're gone in the summer if there's any takers. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well that was shite. 

Fucking freezing as well. 

Barron and  Watkins played OK in spells. The rest were poor.  Ferguson couldn't find a red shirt all afternoon. 

Anything that hits a hand seems to be a penalty these days. Tge handball rule needs to be looked at. Not that it matters, we rarely looked like scoring anyway apart from the first half chance ballooned over the bar. 

Subs were shit, assume McCrorie was injured and Watkins was knackered?  Thought it was a chance to give Ramsay a go at right wing, nae sure what's going on there. 

Hopefully get a win first time out after the split as I don't fancy this lot if the going gets tough. Most of them probably already realise they're gone in the summer if there's any takers. 

I’d want Livi at home first game up.

A team with fuck all to play for & on a major downer after losing the top 6 spot in the 93rd minute.

Or St Mirren at home. 

We need one win to get the spectre of the play off spot gone.

The last game I want is St Johnstone away. 
That would be a 1-0 defeat and they’re only 3 behind us. 

14 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

^^^

You say that but the double substitution was awful. To take McCrorie and Watkins off while leaving Ojo on was an awful decision. 

As well as leaving us with a heap of shite players in our first XI, Glass left us with probably the worst squad in the SPL. 

Our season isn't over yet, because obviously we're only 6 points ahead of the Fermers and utterly incapable of winning any game that isn't against Hibs. We can't just chuck in the youth team and hope for the best. 

We've got to rely on the same useless fannies over the next 5 games that have gotten us into this mess in the first place. 

The blame for this debacle has to start at the top. Cormack has horsed this. We should have punted McInnes earlier and brought an experienced manager in rather than Glass. Glass then goes and signs (along with Gunn) some of the worst players on this green earth. Goodwin can’t do anything with the playing side of things until the summer but an Eddie Turnbull style clear out is required. We just have to expect those with deep pockets to dig deeper than ever to let Goodwin get the signings we require. Massive few months ahead.

Until Goodwin has assembled a squad of his own we can't blame him for the current state of crisis.

Glass' summer window was up there with the worst transfer signings I've seen over the past 25 years. 

Cormack should never have hired Glass nor allowed the experiment to go on as long as it did. 

There's about 3-4 players you'd keep from the current lot. The majority of the squad has downed tools and have been sulking ever since Glass left. Ramirez springs to mind. Goodwin has no option but to get rid the majority of them. Crap players paid high wages. Quite a few of them will have to drop down a level as I can't see anyone in our league wanting to sign them. 

With the loss in prize money now confirmed, Cormack really needs to invest money into the squad this summer as he's accountable for mess.

Just hope we survive relegation.

33 minutes ago, Zeus said:

McLennan when he came on.

Probably the worst display I've ever seen from a pro footballer 

He'll come good.

29 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Look on the bright side, we've qualified for the group stages of the League Cup for the first time in our history.

Aye, fair comment.

That's if you remove the years 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976. 1981, 1982, & 1983 from consideration.

Otherwise, spot on.

• Haha 2

Goodwin has had a terrible start.  He'll be well pissed off that he hasn't managed to have an impact.  Nobody wants to have a start like that in a new job. 

A terrible group of players though. Some OK players on paper but a mentally weak and physically slow collection of individuals who have never once resembled anything like a team at any point. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s transfer listed JET (of the contracted players) 
That’s it.

And I can guarantee he’d have made fuck all difference. 

Ojo, and do you think that's the only ones that have leaked' see how mad he was abt the considine leak. At the end of the day he took over a squad of decent players and has had no impact at all.

2 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

He'll come good.

Aye, fair comment.

That's if you remove the years 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976. 1981, 1982, & 1983 from consideration.

Otherwise, spot on.

Actually, he's correct because the LC groups in the years you list were compulsory for all, this is the 1st time we've "qualified" by dropping into them because we have been shite

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d want Livi at home first game up.

A team with fuck all to play for & on a major downer after losing the top 6 spot in the 93rd minute.

Or St Mirren at home. 

We need one win to get the spectre of the play off spot gone.

The last game I want is St Johnstone away. 
That would be a 1-0 defeat and they’re only 3 behind us. 

I reckon St J away is precisely what we will get. The league will want to try to give them every chance of hauling us in so no point in leaving it till it's too late. 

And I also think we'll finish up away to Hibs

20 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I think Goodwin will be alright. There are some right gutless bastards who need punting and he is merely starting the process. We will be all the better for it in time. 

Well I'll cling on to Hope but I think this won't be the worst of it. The hole club is rotten to cormacks core