Aberdeen v Ross County

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

St Johnstone need 3 wins from 5 to overtake us assuming we lose all our matches

If we win just one of the 5 remaining matches we should be OK. I just have no confidence in this current squad to do exactly that.

We should have 3 home games post split at least.

Two wins and a draw if we we lose all our matches would overhaul us

If they get us first and beat us it's certainly on. I think it's a long shot though with us due to face Dundee, St Mirren and Livi all at home. In reality I suspect that if we can get one win and a draw out of our 5 matches it should be enough to keep us up although obviously I'm looking for much better than that. 

But lose our first two matches then I'd worry that the squad we have has neither the balls nor the ability to dig ourselves out of the hole we'd find ourselves in. 

As for Goodwin.....he took the job on knowing that our league position was, for us, extremely poor. But also knowing at that point that both Dundee and St Johnstone were completely detached from everyone else. His only remit on taking the job would be to steady the ship, keep us out of relegation difficulties and regroup in the summer. So if we do end up in  11th facing the play-off then yes questions will need asking. He'd probably survive purely on the grounds that the squad wasn't his and he had to make the best of a bad lot. 

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

St Johnstone need 3 wins from 5 to overtake us assuming we lose all our matches. 

If we win just one of the 5 remaining matches we should be OK. I just have no confidence in this current squad to do exactly that.

We should have 3 home games post split at least.

2 wins and a draw 

They are only 6 points behind 

16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Drivel. We "qualified" for those by being part of the league.

In the same way as we "qualifed" for it this time by not being in the Euro positions.

You thick cunt.

Oops, red mist through gin and that AFC performance.
My bad.

16 hours ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

Well all of that is before my time as a supporter, so I don't ever remember group stages.

I bow to your knowledge, and the effort you went to typing all that out to win an internet point. Kudos.

Was only pulling yer leg.

Aye, was a tiring type, burnt mysel' oot, though fuck all else to do on a Saturday night stuck in the desert.

I didn't really take you for being that young?

Maybe you just come across as mature. ?

18 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Oops, red mist through gin and that AFC performance.
My bad.

Was only pulling yer leg.

Aye, was a tiring type, burnt mysel' oot, though fuck all else to do on a Saturday night stuck in the desert.

I didn't really take you for being that young?

Maybe you just come across as mature. ?

Nae worries, no offence taken.

Technically I started going in 1980, but I was only wee. All I really remember first couple of years was a big ginger unit who headed everything that came his way and beating everyone we played.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Well he's hardly going to say "Due to losing £2 million from failing to make top 6 I've identified some cheap shite signings to keep us bottom 6" is he?

No he wouldn't but his words will be used against him if he can't deliver next season. Wise man may have said "it's going to be a challenging summer. We've got a lot of work to do".

54 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

At least the spectre of a playoff against McInnes' Killie seems to have disappeared. Not sure I could have handled that smug bearded twat being the architect of our relegation.

Not until Kilmarnock play Arbroath at home it’s not!,killie away to Inverness next which isn’t happy hunting ground for killie, then at home to Arbroath, Arbroath win the next two and it’s killie in bother, it’s not over yet

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You ain’t missing much at Cappielow.

Greenock/Cappielow… one of the biggest shiteholes in Scotland.

I've driven through Greenock a few times. Tip.

Every time I see cappielow on the TV it looks a health hazard.....good day out iyam 

Would be interested to hear some more on the psychology of saving penalties that says you have to guess and dive before the ball is struck. 

Sure if someone slams it in the corner you're fucked if you haven't dived early (but even if you have those type of pens are rarely saved).  

But i see so many penalties where the ball is hit down the middle or placed slightly to the opposite side of where the keeper has dived, that it seems that more pens would be saved if the keeper just waited.  Dunno if there has ever been a study done? 

My old man is of the same opinion, that more pens would be saved if the keeper just stayed central or at least waited. My answer to that is always that this will have been analysed to death. Keepers study the upcoming opposition penalty taker before a game. The odds are always massively stacked against any keeper facing a competent penalty taker.

All that will be gone through in training. At least you'd fucking hope so, though in our case nothing would surprise me.

12 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Last time I was at Cappielow our bus had its windows shattered on the way out of Greenock after Gavin Rae had finally broken Morton's resistance in extra time when Craig Brown was manager.

I remember a 7-3 game, with Deano scoring four. It was great fun charging at the fence that separated the fans when we scored each goal.

On 4/9/2022 at 7:45 PM, daytripping said:

Yeah, I win the argument, shit it.

Winning on the internet ? you’re an absolute man-child

20 hours ago, daytripping said:

I just want big away games where I can get pissed out of my nut and sniff cocaine off train toilet seats, I'm just not feeling it under Cormack.

EDIT, That train we were on from Edinburgh was ledge, no fucks given.  ?

Imagine this being the highlight of your life ??‍♂️

You’re that guy that has never done drugs but thinks it makes you look cool by talking about them, eh?

13 hours ago, thurso said:

Goodwins tactics have been completely wrong since he took over that’s why we have only won one game since then. 
I can’t believe he’s getting such an easy time here compared to others 

Can’t polish a turd. Unless we play the huns then suddenly everyone is playing at the level they should be.