Aberdeen v Ross County

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Not if his team don’t want to give a shit. 

I’d say the team were performing to his instructions. If they weren’t he would of called them out on it. 
On Saturday he used the wrong tactics completely in my opinion and selected some of the wrong players 

49 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d say the team were performing to his instructions. If they weren’t he would of called them out on it. 
On Saturday he used the wrong tactics completely in my opinion and selected some of the wrong players 

I’d say this team are incapable of following any instructions , they are all missing something, it’s called a football brain.  They don’t seem to give a F——k.   They all talk the talk but are incapable of walking the walk. One other thing he only has wrong players to choose from. 

The manager just needs to get us limping over the line now and we can see how things shape up over the summer. Its been a woeful start for him but it’s a bit premature to be pointing the finger at him just yet. Its been a complete shambles on and off the pitch since the turn of the year that’s seen the manager binned, our Captain walk away mid-season, numerous squad players moved on or told to find new clubs, our only decent striker indicating he’ll be off in the summer and our most saleable assets form has gone to shit. It can’t be doing much for the morale of the squad at present.

The question is how much is due to Goodwins influence and has he identified the cause of the failings and is trying to get a head start on remedying them?

25 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

I’d say this team are incapable of following any instructions , they are all missing something, it’s called a football brain.  They don’t seem to give a F——k.   They all talk the talk but are incapable of walking the walk. One other thing he only has wrong players to choose from. 

I think your talking rubbish. Would you want Ross county’s squad of players over the one we have or do they have a competent manager who is getting the best out of what he’s got 

42 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think your talking rubbish. Would you want Ross county’s squad of players over the one we have or do they have a competent manager who is getting the best out of what he’s got 

To answere your question.  Ross county manager has a team that has the desire  to win and a believe they can win. Aberdeen has a manager who inherited Mcinnes left overs and Glasses lucky dip signings who havnt a clue what desire means.  Your other question yes I’d take half the Ross county squad over the ones Aberdeen have now.   Now stop talking shit and stick to highland dancing up in Thurso. 

7 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Nae sure why you put the laughing smiley after winning on the internet as if it doesn’t matter to you.

Every post you make is completely laced with one upmanship or contrary statements just to get up folks noses.

You are most dislikeable and i bet you have no real friends. In fact this forum is probably the only interraction with humans you have. ?

Looks like I’ve succeeded then champ 

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

It was pretty obvious after about 15 minutes that we had walked into the same scenario that has plagued us at Pittodrie against pretty much anyone outside Hearts and Hibs....we have a group of players with no confidence and no pace, who struggle hugely against any side that is tidy, neat and organised. 

Every single 'move' (I use that term loosely) begins with  8 passes between the defence, then a 20 yard pass to Ferguson who is in the centre circle with his back to goal. At that point the ball either goes sideways again, or back to the central defenders, or is lost. 

We're so fecking easy to play against. Players are terrified to trust their own abilities, and because we have no real pace or invention in midfield it's almost impossible for us to create the chances that we need. 

I'm presuming that in training the same players are showing much more confidence, but in games they 're struggling. 

That's Goodwin's problem to sort out. 

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

It was pretty obvious after about 15 minutes that we had walked into the same scenario that has plagued us at Pittodrie against pretty much anyone outside Hearts and Hibs....we have a group of players with no confidence and no pace, who struggle hugely against any side that is tidy, neat and organised. 

Every single 'move' (I use that term loosely) begins with  8 passes between the defence, then a 20 yard pass to Ferguson who is in the centre circle with his back to goal. At that point the ball either goes sideways again, or back to the central defenders, or is lost. 

We're so fecking easy to play against. Players are terrified to trust their own abilities, and because we have no real pace or invention in midfield it's almost impossible for us to create the chances that we need. 

I'm presuming that in training the same players are showing much more confidence, but in games they 're struggling. 

That's Goodwin's problem to sort out. 

What I want to know is why he took two of our best and hard working players Watkins and McCrorie off for any part of a game we had to win, let alone 28 minutes of it !

Goodwin has still not explained that unless I missed it. The game could still have been won long before their pen. from just one incisive pass by Watkins in the box or one of those runs in behind he does. He is he only player in our entire squad capable of something unpredictable. Our manager's judgement is now in question after those substitutions. 

1 hour ago, Wee Alickie said:

What I want to know is why he took two of our best and hard working players Watkins and McCrorie off for any part of a game we had to win, let alone 28 minutes of it !

Goodwin has still not explained that unless I missed it. The game could still have been won long before their pen. from just one incisive pass by Watkins in the box or one of those runs in behind he does. He is he only player in our entire squad capable of something unpredictable. Our manager's judgement is now in question after those substitutions. 

Watkins just returned from a long injury absence. Not really too surprising he was subbed off.

McCrorie was more concerning. He wasn't having the best of games for sure but he does have a good engine on him. But he does seem to suffer niggling injuries fairly frequently. Good that we've got another 2 week period between County and Livi, hopefully he's fine by then.

The real bizarre one was why Ramsay remained benched. He's probably been our best creator of chances all season, yet Goodwin fires MacKenzie on instead. Baffling

21 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Watkins just returned from a long injury absence. Not really too surprising he was subbed off.

McCrorie was more concerning. He wasn't having the best of games for sure but he does have a good engine on him. But he does seem to suffer niggling injuries fairly frequently. Good that we've got another 2 week period between County and Livi, hopefully he's fine by then.

The real bizarre one was why Ramsay remained benched. He's probably been our best creator of chances all season, yet Goodwin fires MacKenzie on instead. Baffling

I just don’t see it with McCrorie, you say he has a good engine but a midfielder needs more than that. A midfielder should be able to pass the ball, to make tackles, to score goals, I’m not sure if McCrorie has enough quality to play in midfield consistently. 

5 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

To answere your question.  Ross county manager has a team that has the desire  to win and a believe they can win. Aberdeen has a manager who inherited Mcinnes left overs and Glasses lucky dip signings who havnt a clue what desire means.  Your other question yes I’d take half the Ross county squad over the ones Aberdeen have now.   Now stop talking shit and stick to highland dancing up in Thurso. 

So if you would take half the county squad which ones would that be instead of ones in our team. Only one who might get a game would be Charles-cook who according to my boss who is a county season ticket holder yes he has scored a few goals this season but won’t be missed to much as he thinks it’s a one season wonder.

12 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I just don’t see it with McCrorie, you say he has a good engine but a midfielder needs more than that. A midfielder should be able to pass the ball, to make tackles, to score goals, I’m not sure if McCrorie has enough quality to play in midfield consistently. 

look at his goal last week.

7 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

I’d say they are following instructions to much. Under glass it was all ball retention trying to get an opening but with no creativity it was to hard to do. Under Goodwin Saturdays game for example Ferguson is to deep which is where Goodwin has stated he wants him to play and he must of been told to switch it as quick as possible that’s why he kept switching it from left back to right wing about 10 times half wernt good passes other half went to where they were supposed to. There doesn’t seem to be anyone taking any initiative in the team 

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

Completely agree. He charges around in the midfield and puts in a fantastic shift every week - the fans love him for it. However IMO he isn’t good enough technically to play midfield. Often looks clumsy and uncomfortable in the role and the game can pass him by sometimes…

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

I partially agree & said during the Ross County game he doesn’t have the technique to play midfield.

Maybe, if he played as a defensive midfielder just in front of the centre halves, & just kept it simple, then maybe. 
But if he’s asked to push forward & be a “no8”, then no. 

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I partially agree & said during the Ross County game he doesn’t have the technique to play midfield.

Maybe, if he played as a defensive midfielder just in front of the centre halves, & just kept it simple, then maybe. 
But if he’s asked to push forward & be a “no8”, then no. 

Ferguson and mccrorie should be switched in position but Goodwin persists on Ferguson being deep he’s even said that in his interviews. At no time should mccrorie be our attacking midfielder it’s like when glass played ojo there

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Watkins has been back a few weeks and been of the bench a couple of times he could of lasted longer but even before the game it sounded an hour and that was it for him. 

The Ramsay one is the biggest problem for me. If Ramsay wasn’t fit enough to play then why was he even onn the bench. When we were needing to score he should of been on the park. He’s one of our best outlets to create something 

It worries me a bit that the last couple of games we seem to be playing with McCrorie almost as the furthest forward midfielder, with Barron dropping back to sitting just in front of defence. 

McCrorie has done OK, but I felt the games against Dundee and on Saturday almost passed Barron by. Given that Barron seems to have the best touch and the quickest feet in the side, it would be a waste not to use him in a more attacking role. 

Aye McCrorie's best game for Goodwin was sitting in front of the back four. 

I imagine he's been pushed forward because of his running power so he can get box to box. 

Again, just demonstrates how imbalanced our squad is when trying to select a decent functioning team out of who's available. As soon as you move one you cause a problem somewhere else. 

9 hours ago, thurso said:

Ferguson and mccrorie should be switched in position but Goodwin persists on Ferguson being deep he’s even said that in his interviews. At no time should mccrorie be our attacking midfielder it’s like when glass played ojo there

Correct - McCrorie is like the Shinnie of this team - gets around, intercepts, wins the ball, drives forward (probably the captain for next season) - but he's never an attacking midfielder in a million years. Let him play that more defensive role he's suited to, and let Barron be the one dictating the play alongside him, with a more attacking minded player ahead of them.

EDIT - having said that, I still think Barron could play as a more attacking midfielder because he's quick thinking, fast feet, close control etc. He is good a bit deeper as well though as he moves the ball faster than the likes of Ferguson who slows everything down when he takes it off the back 4.