In the News

Ramandu

42 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It's just going to end up a total farce. I'd imagine a few solicitors chambers are opening Rwandan offices now.

Paul Lefevre will be all over it like a rash as an opportunity to excrete and gain even more filthy lucre. 

"Are you Rwandan and feel you've been unfairly treated by the Foreign Office? Well we're hear for you to get the justice you deserve."

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

I haven't read anything about, heard it briefly on the radio earlier today, the first thing I thought was it sounded similar to the Nazis sending the Jews to Madagascar in the early 40s.

Not convinced it's "similar"

In fact it's nothing like it.

It's a stupid idea though, I'll give you that.

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

I haven't read anything about, heard it briefly on the radio earlier today, the first thing I thought was it sounded similar to the Nazis sending the Jews to Madagascar in the early 40s.

It's seems closer to this. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

Best thing Britain can do is let folk in from all over the world, hand over a town to each of them, and diversify the culture. 

It can be like Epcot, only shitter, obviously, because the weather's piss. 

Someone was suggesting something a little like that when we were giving Hong Kong folk the right to live here. Take a bit of emptyish land somewhere and make it available to any HKer who wants.  They get to have their laws, their way of doing things. We don't need to build anything, just make sure there's a decent broadband connection.

Hong Kong has no natural resources and they turned it into an economic powerhouse through sheer grit, ingenuity and reasonably priced financial services. Stands to reason they could do it again. Hong Kong 2.0 would be amazing, I'd want them to do it here. Hong Kong on Don.

23 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Someone was suggesting something a little like that when we were giving Hong Kong folk the right to live here. Take a bit of emptyish land somewhere and make it available to any HKer who wants.  They get to have their laws, their way of doing things. We don't need to build anything, just make sure there's a decent broadband connection.

Hong Kong has no natural resources and they turned it into an economic powerhouse through sheer grit, ingenuity and reasonably priced financial services. Stands to reason they could do it again. Hong Kong 2.0 would be amazing, I'd want them to do it here. Hong Kong on Don.

Not a bad idea at all... though within 20 years Scots would be third class citizens in their own country behind the Hong Kongers and the English in that order, and Peebles (or wherever they settled... I'm thinking Peebles) would look like this. 

spacer.png

Think of all the cash they would generate for London, though. 

Nah, min... love some big cities. Paris, New York, London, brilliant places. 

Never been to Asia, but would likely spontaneously combust with joy in Tokyo or Seoul. 

Currently pissing it down in the Japanese capital. 

32 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I can imagine being broke in one of those big cities would be fairly depressing. 

You arrive there with stars in your eyes and end up with cocks in your mouth. 

Eh dude fae Dundee ?Fife.. wis impressive as Freddie...?...made a lovely living ...."tonight Matthew....ill rim yer hoop"??...then..the beadle wanked him aff?