In the News

Ramandu

44 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Wimbers this year, Parko? I missed out on the 2020 ballot so nothing for me. Know any reasonable resell sites?

Nah. Not going to wimbledon. Holidays from work at a bit of premium this year, so giving it a miss. 

I've never bought any resale tickets for there, so can't advise. Apologies. 

If you've got the time and inclination, the queue is a good option. We've done it and arrived at around 5am. Have a coffee/few beers and once the gates open, you'll be in pretty much right away. Obviously you won't get any of the ticketed show courts but If you go on the first week, there's some really good matches on the outside courts. Well worth it. 

5 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

This is happening in KIRKCALDY for fuck sake. Some of the names as well.

Although I'd chop a ball off to be Aiden Brand for the night. If she's selling those puppies I'll take the one with the big, pink nose.

I was at a wedding there two weeks ago. Decent venue. 

5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ive done the camping out overnight and queuing thing before.(2015 I think)  They always keep tickets for the show courts and I got centre court tickets that way. It's knackering though

Yeah but overnight camping is hardcore. Fuck that. 

Who did you see? 

48 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Had a really great time. The worst part was how early you are expected to start packing the tent up(6am I think).

I got a brilliant seat about 8 rows from the front and maybe 12 feet by the net. That day was Gasquet v Dimitrov, Selena Williams v Heather Watson and Djokovic v Tomic. 
Only other time I’ve been was 2017 and I got tickets in the ballot for ladies final day. 

Brilliant matches. Would've been a great day. Two of the all time greats there too. 

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Holidays from work at a bit of premium this year

Bit of a pet hate that - folk thinking that having kids makes them more important for summer holiday time/ Xmas holiday time from work compared to non-parents. 

inb4 holidays LOL from the offshore mob!

5 hours ago, Poodler said:

Bit of a pet hate that - folk thinking that having kids makes them more important for summer holiday time/ Xmas holiday time from work compared to non-parents. 

inb4 holidays LOL from the offshore mob!

It does at Christmas. I always worked Christmas day at my old work so the parents could have it off.

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It does at Christmas. I always worked Christmas day at my old work so the parents could have it off.

Xmas eve at the spiders used to be worth just as much to me as what it’s like watching your kids open presents. 

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

So as long as you return the stuff when you've been caught thieving it's ok?

Depends on the circumstance entirely. 

He's claiming ignorance, he's happy to return it I presume, 15 years in an insane stretch for the crime, and I think in this instance he should be given somewhat of a reprieve. 

If you're a politician that's been stealing public money or summat though, there's not really a grey area folk would deem to be acceptable. 

I also think it's OK to nick food from big supermarkets if you're really struggling. Many don't. 

Matter of opinion but surely the boy can just return it and be put on a black list for never entering the country again?