Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

In the News

Ramandu

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Can they? "IAG, the airline consortium that owns British Airways, lost almost £5,000 per minute during the first three months of 2022 – but is set to become profitable in spring and summer."

Surely have a lot of debt to pay off?

Find it mad to think these companies have no reserves. 

The staff are only asking to have their 10% cut from the pandemic done away with in any case. Hardly much to expect. 

1 minute ago, Bluto10 said:

politics

lol

You're making me take less pity on you. 

You'll regret having no convictions in life when you're lying on your death bed, yellow from the drink induced jaundice, thinking "where are my kids? Oh yeah they hate me because I'm an alcoholic who never had an ounce of passion in his bones" 

Dont do this today, big boy. 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Do you think every company can actually afford to give a 7% payrise ?

Do you think every company has been able to raise their prices to match the RPI?

Do you think every worker can actually afford to take a 4% pay cut? ?

Do you think every worker has been able to raise their wages to match the RPI? 

28 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Where did I say that? 

I know the company I work for, can. 

I know the Network Rail, can. 

I know British Airways, can.

You do realise that Network Rail is paid for by taxpayers.

It seems to be all the workers paid for by taxpayers have their snouts in the trough.

If its private companies and they can afford it then it’s a fair fight.

29 minutes ago, CCB III said:
31 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Find it mad to think these companies have no reserves. 

They probably do but a 2 year pandemic will wipe those out no worries.

I know of lots of once stable, profitable and we'll run companies who are basically fucked now through no fault of their own thanks to the pandemic.

Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

I know of lots of once stable, profitable and we'll run companies who are basically fucked now through no fault of their own thanks to the pandemic.

I know lots of stable, hard working people who and basically fucked now through no fault of their own, thanks to fuckwits who support the neoliberal system that has suppressed the value of labour of ordinary folk for the benefit of the rich. 

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

You do realise that Network Rail is paid for by taxpayers.

It seems to be all the workers paid for by taxpayers have their snouts in the trough.

If its private companies and they can afford it then it’s a fair fight.

Shut the fuck up you Tory moron. 

Listen to Mick, a man of superior intelligence to you. 

2 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Looks like BA made billions of pounds in profit last year. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know lots of stable, hard working people who and basically fucked now through no fault of their own, thanks to fuckwits who support the neoliberal system that has suppressed the value of labour of ordinary folk for the benefit of the rich. 

Sounding more like a commie every day.

29 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're making me take less pity on you. 

You'll regret having no convictions in life when you're lying on your death bed, yellow from the drink induced jaundice, thinking "where are my kids? Oh yeah they hate me because I'm an alcoholic who never had an ounce of passion in his bones" 

Dont do this today, big boy. 

consi min

got plenty convictions min, like lolling at politics.  

disowning family members who are slum landlords is another.

• Haha 1
Just now, Joe pike said:

Sounding more like a commie every day.

You couldn't give a succinct definition of communism if your life depended on it. You're just a simpleton who thinks they can throw words they don't understand around and make a bogeyman. All because that's what the cunts on the telly have taught you to do.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Looks like BA made billions of pounds in profit last year. 

You need to realise BA's /  BP 's / unilever and the rest's profits are driven by shareholder pressure to grow stock value and dividend return. Some of the very same shareholders we've all entrusted our pensions ans ISAs to.

In the end it's the market that's driving corporate performance and that market is us. Capitalism, consi - we're all stuck with it

10 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You need to realise BA's /  BP 's / unilever and the rest's profits are driven by shareholder pressure to grow stock value and dividend return. Some of the very same shareholders we've all entrusted our pensions ans ISAs to.

In the end it's the market that's driving corporate performance and that market is us. Capitalism, consi - we're all stuck with it

If you make billions, you can give pay rises. 

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

If you make billions, you can give pay rises. 

Cheers.

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Give an opinion then instead of your usual one line quips

Giving an opinion on something I’m not arsed or know much about would be a foolish move, Pike.

Pro tip m8.