In the News

Ramandu

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
51 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken here but is "relative" poverty just a percentage of the average wage? Makes it impossible to eradicate then surely?

If Consi sold all his cocaine back to Peru we could clear the national debt and buy every poor bastard their very own chip shop.

Just saying likes.

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Being an snp man, what are your thoughts on the wage offers they've made to the public sector this year? (And no I'm not a tory).

I wouldn't say I'm an "SNP man" 

I'm revolted by most of the SNPs politics aside from independence. 

They are a means to an end. Neoliberal swine. 

4 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Food banks are a shame on the govt (both Westminster and Hollywood) and no way should they have to exist.

If someone has become a millionaire or billionaire be it a result of the pandemic or otherwise then what? Good for them for being successful in whatever field they work in and most likely creating employment, paying taxes etc. along the way. Not every millionaire or billionaire is a cunt despite what you think.if you do then that's just sounds like jealously to me (again).

If you are referring to dodgy PPE contracts and the like then no issues with throwing them in jail - MP's included - and taking back the cash.

Do you have to accept it, well the question is what are you going to do about it?

Why is it jealousy to suggest that at a time of unprecedented economic turmoil, its unethical that there are a subset of people picking the bones off the carcass of the economy, and are actually profiting from the misfortune of others? 

Im not saying "oh for fuck sake these millionaires and billionaires have an indoor pool- indoor pool for everyone!" 

Im saying these people often have more money than one could feasibly spend, whilst many people are struggling to make ends meet. The economy is top heavy at the moment, that's not a good thing for generating wealth. We saw during the pandemic, the economy crashed whilst people took pay cuts, lost jobs etc, as people weren't generating wealth by buying shit. Yet, you still had a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich? How is that? 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

For an account that no longer exists? 

Who's to say I'm even the same person from the previous account you're talking about? 

Wont hold up in court. 

You moved house/job/got a new phone?

If the answer to any of the above is no you'll be bang to rights ya junkie bastard ?

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

For an account that no longer exists? 

Who's to say I'm even the same person from the previous account you're talking about? 

Wont hold up in court. 

Maybe in a criminal court but in a civil court, on the balance of probability, the judge would find you a coke fiend.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Why is it jealousy to suggest that at a time of unprecedented economic turmoil, its unethical that there are a subset of people picking the bones off the carcass of the economy, and are actually profiting from the misfortune of others? 

Im not saying "oh for fuck sake these millionaires and billionaires have an indoor pool- indoor pool for everyone!" 

Im saying these people often have more money than one could feasibly spend, whilst many people are struggling to make ends meet. The economy is top heavy at the moment, that's not a good thing for generating wealth. We saw during the pandemic, the economy crashed whilst people took pay cuts, lost jobs etc, as people weren't generating wealth by buying shit. Yet, you still had a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich? How is that? 

I would argue that you have always had people getting rich on the back of others, primarily from the poor, but not necessarily in an unscrupulous way - just providing products and services people buy and want. Takes the likes of Steven Bartlett from Social Chain who has become a multimillionaire through starting a company (arguably at just the right time) building it up then selling it. Has he done this by profiting from the misfortune of others? Should he be penalised for doing what he done?

What's your solution to your points above then?

49 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I would argue that you have always had people getting rich on the back of others, primarily from the poor, but not necessarily in an unscrupulous way - just providing products and services people buy and want. Takes the likes of Steven Bartlett from Social Chain who has become a multimillionaire through starting a company (arguably at just the right time) building it up then selling it. Has he done this by profiting from the misfortune of others? Should he be penalised for doing what he done?

What's your solution to your points above then?

Short term- skim off the top and redistribute to the bottom. 

Long term- remove their heads from their torso. 

Edit; 

Does one just start a company and have it make billions without any internal input? 

They don't have workers they underpay, or don't pay, living wages? They don't utilise slave labour in other countries? 

The guy with the idea doesn't generate the wealth, the workers do. 

48 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Dad’s Weekry Tleble

Last month, a man in the town of Abu was mistakenly sent ¥46.3m (£279,000/US$343,000) in Covid-19 relief funds intended for 463 low-income households. Local authorities said this week they had recovered all of the money from online payment agencies after the man claimed he had gambled away the entire amount.”

37 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Edit; 

Does one just start a company and have it make billions without any internal input? 

They don't have workers they underpay, or don't pay, living wages? They don't utilise slave labour in other countries? 

Alternatively they could start taxing the corporate giants properly and ensure that the UK tax department and politicians are not in the pocket of big business.

This documentary shows that the tax office are advising large corporations on how to avoid paying tax, then get a job later on in their career.

Sorting out this kind of shit would be a good start. 

3 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Alternatively they could start taxing the corporate giants properly and ensure that the UK tax department and politicians are not in the pocket of big business.

This documentary shows that the tax office are advising large corporations on how to avoid paying tax, then join then get a job later on in their career.

Sorting out this kind of shit would be a good start. 

That comes into my suggestion. 

The government ultimately, doesn't represent the best interests of the majority of people in the country. 

I must be jealous to say that. 

45 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Edit; 

Seen this pish before.

You're a bloody fraud min.

8 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

You the dude in the crowd he’s speaking about Consi

I've seen the video. 

Shapiro, who debates for a living, up against a kid in the formative years of his own ideals. 

Shapiro is fuck all but a shill and an apologist for fascists. 

He's scum. A tiny, little piss ant of a man. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I've seen the video. 

Shapiro, who debates for a living, up against a kid in the formative years of his own ideals. 

Shapiro is fuck all but a shill and an apologist for fascists. 

He's scum. A tiny, little piss ant of a man. 

I was speaking about the guy who comes on after him.

He destroys your arguments