In the News

Ramandu

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

1.) There is a difference between a human and a parachute. One is a complex animal, the other is literally an object made from I dunno, fabric? 

1.) Women and men are more or less the same biologically, if you don't include genitals and size. Just about everything else is the same. We are about 99% the same as women. Why is it inconceivable, that some people, a small percentage, might feel like they are in the wrong sex/gender, when you consider the tiny amount of differences between men and women? 

2.) How can it clearly be nonsense if there are a decent chunk of people that feel that way? Why has it been observed for millennia? It's the same arguments against homosexuality back in the day. It's not natural, it's not this, it's not that, not founded in any understanding or reasoning, just straight up prejudice. 

You ever think being human is more complicated than 1+1=2? 

1. Ditched the biff and moved onto the harder stuff? Oh dear 

2. Yes mental illness has always been a thing. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Likewise your opinion has became totally irrelevant after you've admitted you make your mind up on things without considering both sides. 

Surprised you'd actually admit that. 

I've never been to New Zealand but I just know it's fucking shite! 

I’ve considered the other side, it’s nonsense

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

You've sat and spoke to a person experiencing it? Had them explain to you why they feel that way, why it's important to them, how it feels etc?

Have you fuck. 

lol I’ve already told you science trumps feelings. You’ve the cheek to slag Clydesdale off for his religious beliefs being nonsense then come away with shite like thon.

As I said - all over the shop.

Have a nice evening I’m bored with it now, someone else can pick up the baton until you pass out.

1 minute ago, NEM said:

Ditched the biff and moved onto the harder stuff? Oh dear 

If you look across the animal kingdom, there are minute differences between the sexes of various species. With the constant breeding and room for genetic mutation, you're always going to get people who are anomaly's. 

I believe a certain species of male seahorse can can actually get pregnant and carry the babies. 

So again, if you compare me or you to a fucking giraffe, we're about what, 70% different to it? If men and women, ultimately, within the context that we are all mammals/animals, only about 1% different, why, in that 1% can you not accept that there would be crossover, or different people? 

Not everything in nature is an absolute and utter sure fire thing. There are constant anomalies. 

36 minutes ago, CCB III said:

People will have sex until the end of time. Just about everyone does it. It's totally natural. 

They should be able to decide if they want to have a baby or not. Your moral judgement is a total and utter irrelevance to that. Seriously, it is. 

You're clearly not for women having choice if you're supporting Roe v Wade turnover. That's a contradictory thing to say. 

I have made all my relevant points to Moobs. But, your particular brand of religious based sanctimony is enough to boil anyones piss. 

You care so much about the babies life, but not the woman's. She gave in to the totally natural occurrence of sex, so she should bare the brunt of that consequence because you think the life of the fetus is more valuable than hers? 

If a woman can't get rid of a baby because it's an "innocent" she should be able to claim child support from its inception. 

But, she can't. Why is that? Because it's not technically alive, it's being fucking formed. Society doesn't deem it to be alive, so it isn't. 

What justification does anyone need to give to you, or me, for what they want to do with their body? Just because you moralise the issue in your religious bullshit doesn't mean she has to listen to it, or be influenced by it. 

What were your thoughts on the mandatory vaccine laws?

If I recall correctly you also didn't like being coerced into making a decision about your own health/body. 

- totally agree sex is natural and people will do it, no arguments here.  I must admit that I have largely enjoyed it myself in my career as a lothario to date.

- I also agree people should decide for themselves whether to have a baby or not.  But that choice has already expired once a baby has actually been conceived.  You already have a baby then and so there is no more choice about having one or not.  You can choose to try to create (or at least, risk) the conception of a child, but no one has the genuine right to choose to kill an unborn child because they do not want to take responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.

-- a woman's choice is whether to have sex or not (which might create a new life).  No one has the choice to kill anyone.  I totally respect womens choices, but I do not pretend people have legitimate choices as to who lives or dies.  They don't.

- that you claim my positions annoy you clearly affirms that they are correct, from my view

- I do not think anyone's life is more important than any other.  Our mutual dignity and worth as human beings is the only genuine equality there is.  A womans life and that of the child she carries are equal - no one is "more important", both are utterly precious.  It is totally reasonable to expect adults to take responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.  Indeed is that not the very basis of civilisation and indeed adulthood?  People should ensure their intellect controls their passions - we are not animals.  Surely, we all fail on that front sometimes, but that doesn't mean we get to escape taking responsibility for the consequences.

- its not because the baby is "innocent" which forbids abortion, its because human life is precious and its wrong to kill.  (see how murder is illegal, for example).  Child support from conception is a typically stupid pro-choice argument, (given the unborn do not need material goods and get everything they need from their mother) but I would gladly pay that our of my own pocket if it would save even one life.

- I am afraid you are badly misinformed about human reproduction.  From the moment of conception, a new life exists, fully observable and very much alive.  That is a scientific fact.  A new life form with 46 chromosomes is observable from the moment of conception, 23 chromosomes each from his/her mother and father.  A form of life with 46 chromosomes is called a human being.  At the moment of conception, the new person already has their own sex, hair and eye colour, fingerprints, dna, physical characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.  The only difference between such a new person and you or I, is time - nothing more.  Sure, they need a little time to grow into looking like a person, but human life looks very different at all stages.  Plus, its hardly reasonable to expect a fully formed, 6'3" 200 Lbs human to appear in the mothers womb is it?  No, we start off small and grow.  But, I assure you, from the moment of conception, you have a new and very much alive person on your hands.  Also, we should be guided by what science discovers in these matters, not by what "society" deems.

- I agree that no-one has to give justification to another about what they want to do to their own body.  But its not about doing things to their own body which we object to, its the dismembering of someone else's body we object to (the unwanted child).  "my body, my choice" is a self defeating argument, as if one has sovereignty over ones own body, they one has no right to dismember someone else body.  "my body, my choice" is every bit as bad the protestants'  "sola scriptura"  argument.  Both defeat themselves, its barely worth getting out of bed for.

- I do not see any remote equivalence between vaccines and abortion

Just now, NEM said:

lol I’ve already told you science trumps feelings. You’ve the cheek to slag Clydesdale off for his religious beliefs being nonsense then come away with shite like thon.

As I said - all over the shop.

Have a nice evening I’m bored with it now, someone else can pick up the baton until you pass out.

It's shite to want to consider another persons experience, and why they feel that way? And how it might not be as black and white as your prejudice suggests? 

Im slagging off CS for being a religious fundamentalist, which he is. 

All I'm suggesting is you try understand people better. 

As for "science trumps feelings" that's nowhere near as good a quip as you think it is. 

The science on trans people is ever evolving. 

You could probably look into that whenever you like. But I guess there's no need to, when you're only willing to accept and academy level of science. 

Fair on. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

But you can hurl abuse at anyone you disagree with without having the slightest clue what they have been through or why they have formed the opinions they have?

Right then.

Aye; 

NEM writing off all trans people as mentally unwell is the same as me saying that your moral prejudice should have no bearing on a woman's right to choose if she has a kid or not. 

Another astute observation. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You've sat and spoke to a person experiencing it? Had them explain to you why they feel that way, why it's important to them, how it feels etc?

Have you fuck. 

But you can hurl abuse at anyone you disagree with without having the slightest clue what they have been through or why they have formed the opinions they have?

Right then.

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Aye; 

NEM writing off all trans people as mentally unwell is the same as me saying that your moral prejudice should have no bearing on a woman's right to choose if she has a kid or not. 

Another astute observation. 

No I'm not saying that.

Another deliberate misinterpretation from yourself.

34 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Moobs and CS were both *huge* advocates for freedom of choice regarding the vaccine. They found it totally abhorrent that someone should tell them what to do with their bodies, or that someone should coerce them into doing something that they didn't want with their bodies. They were repulsed that someone might suggest they were being immoral by refusing the vaccine. 

Thats a totally fine principle to have. The issue is they don't apply it consistently because they are hyper focused on this "sanctity of life" notion, rather than the reality of the situation. Which is that the woman is going to do what she feels I best for her. Like they did with the vaccine. 

It's literally the same principle, they refuse to apply it consistently. 

I will take your word for it, regarding my stance on the vaccine.

The obvious differences are:

(i) refusing to take a vaccine does not harm anyone else and only puts the person themselves at any possible risk.  They are obviously aware of and comfortable with that, meaning they are prepared to take responsibility for their own actions.

(ii) killing an unborn child is murder, made even worse (if possible) by the fact the motivation is for someone to escape taking responsibility for their own actions.

As it typical for pro-abortion arguments, you consistently fail to take cognisance of the 2nd life in the equation and so your arguments are worthless.

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If you look across the animal kingdom, there are minute differences between the sexes of various species. With the constant breeding and room for genetic mutation, you're always going to get people who are anomaly's. 

I believe a certain species of male seahorse can can actually get pregnant and carry the babies. 

So again, if you compare me or you to a fucking giraffe, we're about what, 70% different to it? If men and women, ultimately, within the context that we are all mammals/animals, only about 1% different, why, in that 1% can you not accept that there would be crossover, or different people? 

Not everything in nature is an absolute and utter sure fire thing. There are constant anomalies. 

Consi I’m indifferent to this whole argument but if you are going to use percentages and the word anomalies you need to accept that the current level of trans people is the anomaly not that they exist. 

The question should be why are there so many right now, not that it is wrong or right, but what is causing it and while most won’t be are some mentally ill? How do we have laws and practices in place to basically protect them from them themselves (possibly) while they are still at a young age.

There should also be safe spaces for women because if there isn’t someone always has to chance to bend the rules and take advantage. 

5 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

- totally agree sex is natural and people will do it, no arguments here.  I must admit that I have largely enjoyed it myself in my career as a lothario to date.

- I also agree people should decide for themselves whether to have a baby or not.  But that choice has already expired once a baby has actually been conceived.  You already have a baby then and so there is no more choice about having one or not.  You can choose to try to create (or at least, risk) the conception of a child, but no one has the genuine right to choose to kill an unborn child because they do not want to take responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.

-- a woman's choice is whether to have sex or not (which might create a new life).  No one has the choice to kill anyone.  I totally respect womens choices, but I do not pretend people have legitimate choices as to who lives or dies.  They don't.

- that you claim my positions annoy you clearly affirms that they are correct, from my view

- I do not think anyone's life is more important than any other.  Our mutual dignity and worth as human beings is the only genuine equality there is.  A womans life and that of the child she carries are equal - no one is "more important", both are utterly precious.  It is totally reasonable to expect adults to take responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.  Indeed is that not the very basis of civilisation and indeed adulthood?  People should ensure their intellect controls their passions - we are not animals.  Surely, we all fail on that front sometimes, but that doesn't mean we get to escape taking responsibility for the consequences.

- its not because the baby is "innocent" which forbids abortion, its because human life is precious and its wrong to kill.  (see how murder is illegal, for example).  Child support from conception is a typically stupid pro-choice argument, (given the unborn do not need material goods and get everything they need from their mother) but I would gladly pay that our of my own pocket if it would save even one life.

- I am afraid you are badly misinformed about human reproduction.  From the moment of conception, a new life exists, fully observable and very much alive.  That is a scientific fact.  A new life form with 46 chromosomes is observable from the moment of conception, 23 chromosomes each from his/her mother and father.  A form of life with 46 chromosomes is called a human being.  At the moment of conception, the new person already has their own sex, hair and eye colour, fingerprints, dna, physical characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.  The only difference between such a new person and you or I, is time - nothing more.  Sure, they need a little time to grow into looking like a person, but human life looks very different at all stages.  Plus, its hardly reasonable to expect a fully formed, 6'3" 200 Lbs human to appear in the mothers womb is it?  No, we start off small and grow.  But, I assure you, from the moment of conception, you have a new and very much alive person on your hands.  Also, we should be guided by what science discovers in these matters, not by what "society" deems.

- I agree that no-one has to give justification to another about what they want to do to their own body.  But its not about doing things to their own body which we object to, its the dismembering of someone else's body we object to (the unwanted child).  "my body, my choice" is a self defeating argument, as if one has sovereignty over ones own body, they one has no right to dismember someone else body.  "my body, my choice" is every bit as bad the protestants'  "sola scriptura"  argument.  Both defeat themselves, its barely worth getting out of bed for.

- I do not see any remote equivalence between vaccines and abortion

I'm glad we agree then. 

If a woman doesn't want to have a kid, she shouldn't be forced to have one against her best wishes. Whatever you think about the sanctity of life, the moral element of abortion, how alive or how aware you think a fetus is, is an absolute irrelevance. 

I'll tell you why; 

You can't have a fucking kid. You can't possibly know what it's like to have something growing inside of you, that you ultimately don't want. Why should a woman have to suffer through that, because you think it's wrong to abort? That's cool, man. You think that. The reality is, you'll never have to make that difficult decision and you'll never have to reap the consequences of having done it/not done it. 

"Human life is precious and it is wrong to kill" so why do many of the states that want abortion laws gone, still use capital punishment? If it's wrong to kill? 

Whats right/wrong is judged by society. Thankfully, we've judged in the UK that it is indeed wrong to kill, fully formed, sentient humans. 

Fortunately, we're also wise enough to know that it's immoral to force birth upon someone who doesn't want it.  They should be given the autonomy over that decision that impacts their body. 

The same way you were adamant you should get the choice on whether or not to take a vaccine. 

And I say again, I presume you've adopted a fair few orphans in your time? If human life is so precious, and there are unwanted orphans out there, I presume a man of your moral fortitude has stepped up to the plate and taken these little babies into a warm, loving home? 

You haven't. Because it's not about life being precious, as Ke1t said, it's about controlling women. It's about reverting society to some sort of bizarre, biblical past time, where women STFU and do as the men say. 

You're full of shit

1 minute ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

(i) refusing to take a vaccine does not harm anyone else and only puts the person themselves at any possible risk.  They are obviously aware of and comfortable with that, meaning they are prepared to take responsibility for their own actions.

(ii) killing an unborn child is murder, made even worse (if possible) by the fact the motivation is for someone to escape taking responsibility for their own actions.

As it typical for pro-abortion arguments, you consistently fail to take cognisance of the 2nd life in the equation and so your arguments are worthless.

Genuine question. Do you pray often? What do you ask for? 

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Consi I’m indifferent to this whole argument but if you are going to use percentages and the word anomalies you need to accept that the current level of trans people is the anomaly not that they exist. 

The question should be why are there so many right now, not that it is wrong or right, but what is causing it and while most won’t be are some mentally ill? How do we have laws and practices in place to basically protect them from them themselves (possibly) while they are still at a young age.

There should also be safe spaces for women because if there isn’t someone always has to chance to bend the rules and take advantage. 

That is my point, RF. anomalies exist. Trans folk exist. The sooner people just accept that to be the case, the sooner we can move on, and everyone is happy. 

There aren't "so many right now" they account for less than 1% of the population. 

I agree with the last point. There has to be some leeway on that. 

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I would like to point out that the whole Roe v Wade thing is less about protecting the sanctity of life and more about religious 'ethics' and forcing women back into a traditional domestic role in society.

Which is why denying women the right to access contraception is also being proposed by SCJ Clarence Thomas.

They WANT women pregnant, they WANT women in a purely child-raising, domestic, secondary role.

The way these people treat fully grown human beings is confirmation that the sanctity of life argument is pure horseshit.

Exactly. 

poor religious saps being gaslit that it’s about saving lives. 
ironically the same people are usually dead against gun controls which could save thousands of actual real lives. oh, and no chance of them voting for any form of maternity help, paid childcare, paternity leave as that’s communism!

Parts of usa turning into gilead from handmaid’s tale. 

Majority of Americans polled are actually pro choice (certainly within 1st trimester). 9 (well, 6 technically, 5 of whom are middle aged to elderly males) people are going against precedent and the will of the people. And, these judges are unelected and in the post for life.

Maga !!

But come November when the people get to vote for their Congress men and women the vast majority of young people including presumably many of those furiously protesting this evening won’t be arsed. 
Hard to have a huge amount of sympathy. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

If a guy wants to grow some tiddies, well that's just more tiddies for everybody. 

If he whacks off his banger there's less competition for the vacant vaginas. 

All good man. 

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

No I'm not saying that.

Another deliberate misinterpretation from yourself.

That is what you're saying, min. 

I respect why you have your opinion on it, truly. 

My assertion to you is that you can't let your own emotions run the rule over a topic that requires logical and rational thought. 

That being; women have abortions no matter the law, making them illegal only endangers women (and the fetus') further. 

These are the facts. You can't talk about the sanctities of life, whilst simultaneously supporting the passing of a law that will result in deaths. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

That is what you're saying, min. 

I respect why you have your opinion on it, truly. 

My assertion to you is that you can't let your own emotions run the rule over a topic that requires logical and rational thought. 

That being; women have abortions no matter the law, making them illegal only endangers women (and the fetus') further. 

These are the facts. You can't talk about the sanctities of life, whilst simultaneously supporting the passing of a law that will result in deaths. 

No, you really don't. If you did you wouldn't have been as abusive as you have been.

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

There aren't "so many right now" they account for less than 1% of the population. 

1%/up to is a lot surely?

It’s definitely influenced by media, fashion etc. Not that I care really. I just think maybe it’s more acceptable to say I’m this or that rather than accepting that you are a shit version of something else. 

We can’t all be Brad Pitt but there’s still plenty of C list pussy to share too. 

9 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

(ii) illing an unborn child is murder, made even worse (if possible) by the fact the motivation is for someone to escape taking responsibility for their own actions.k

i.) Many epidemiologists suggest that It could be dangerous to others, causing new strains that could mutate to avoid the effects of the vax. You made your own mind up on that, as is your right, despite the possibility you were potentially aiding the development of a new strain. Granted, that doesn't appear to have come to be, but it was certainly a concern you ignored by your best judgement. 

ii,) no, abortion isn't murder. It's abortion. That's why it's not called murder, that's why it's called abortion, silly. See, when you murder someone, that's when it's murder, when you abort a pregnancy before term, that's abortion. That's what words mean,  bud. 

The second life in equation is better off being born to a mother that doesn't want them? Or in abject poverty and hunger say? Or the child should be born with defects, because the mother has been raped by a family member? The mother should have to carry a rape baby to term? A constant reminder of her assault? 

As with most anti abortion people, you fail to consider women as capable human beings able to weigh up, judge, and consider the moral and personal implications of abortion. 

19 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

https://inews.co.uk/news/ukraine-war-girls-women-raped-bucha-basement-russia-sexual-violence-1569962

what are these feckless woman to do ? A say woman but some as young as 14, war scenario, raped by the aggressors, nobody in there right mind would stay in labour after what’s happened.@Clydeside_Sheep

sick all knowing/ever powerful god letting such things happen IMO

A terrible story for sure.

God has given us free will, sadly some people misuse it - rapists and abortionists for example.  But, would you rather be part of a scripted puppet show?

Rape is a very difficult (but thankfully statistically negligible) case, of course. 

Ultimately, logic dictates that adding a murder on top of a rape only makes the situation worse.  Abortion doesn't un-rape a woman, or remove mental or physical injuries.

I do not pretend for a second that carrying the baby of a rapist (to give up for adoption) would be an easy thing, but it is the right thing to do, however difficult.  The baby didn't do anything wrong, s/he is an innocent.

That's the thing about life, its often very difficult, especially if you seek to live a moral life.  That fact is probably one of life's central lessons.

Look at the men on sinking ships like the Titanic.  Being bigger and stronger, they could easily have bullied their way onto the life-boats and left the puny women and children to drown in the freezing water.  (I might be mixed up, but I believe some guy tried it on the Titanic and one of the Ships' Officers shot him).  Instead, they were selfless and they chose to be the ones who drowned, to give the women and children a chance in the lifeboats.  We've all heard the saying "women and children first....".

What has happened to us as a society, to go from that level of natural selflessness, to a society which will happily kill innocents to avoid temporary discomfort (let alone death).  Not a change for the better, I would say.

You know, there were 3 Catholic priests on the Titanic.  In those days, clergymen still carried a modicum of respect and so all of the 3 were offered places on lifeboats - but all 3 chose to drown instead, so that they could give people absolution while the ship was sinking and to make space on the lifeboats for others.