In the News

Ramandu

Just now, Quagmire said:

If you’ve managed to do well enough in life to buy property as an investment for you and your families future then well done. Give yourself a wee pat on the back. 

As long as you and your family are alright, eh? 

Fuck those other families who are at the behest of the rental market. 

Nae other ways someone can set their family up without hoarding property? I dare say there is. 

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I'd be selling that house if I didn't use it. Wouldn't be using it to exploit renters. 

I'd do it for a fair price, probs. 

Market value sale or below ?

So, only a cunt for the period from inheritance to sale then back to no cunt?

What if you then invest in a property fund via an investment company? 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I couldn't tell you, but I've slagged them for it. 

Not going to turn down reasonable rent, tho. 

At least they aren't trying to fleece me, like every other landlord would. 

???

You’re unreal Consi.

I actually rent the place I stay, prefer it. 

5 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

???

You’re unreal Consi.

I actually rent the place I stay, prefer it. 

How am I unreal? 

Im a person with fuck all money, limited options. My choices were; rent from a private market where I'm getting fleeced either way, rent from my folks for a reasonable price, knowing they'll look after any problems etc and won't shaft me with no heating for a winter.

I still disagree with the principle of hoarding property. Especially when it's so difficult for ordinary folks to buy houses atm. 

Im comfortable with that. 

14 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

So, can we agree that, possibly, your sweeping generalisations aren’t always accurate?

I can disagree with the principle of private housing/hoarding properties and accept that it's a fact of life. 

I disagree with the principle of fossil fuels but it keeps me in a job. 

Doesn't mean I can't think it's wrong, not like I have options to do much about it. 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

Consi I don't think the issue is folk owning an extra property or dare I say it even two, the issue is planning, nimbyism, lack of social housing etc.

Maybe those who rent and don't wish too should vote for or form a political party that would help their interests?

The issue, to me, is people hoarding the available housing, and pricing people out of affording their own houses (by charging them extortionate rent.) 

The reason there's a lack of social housing is because social housing would decrease the value of private property, which can't be allowed, obviously. There are MPS at WM who are landlords, and actively vote down legislation to create more public housing. 

So, ordinary folk unable to own their own houses, are fucked. Either pay extortionate rent, or live on the street.

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Biggest problem is we have two major parties in the UK, and the SNP here, who act on the interests of landlords.

The biggest problem is the disparity in wealth distribution, and the deliberate destruction of social safety nets. 

There should LITERALLY be no poverty in developed nations. 

NONE. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

The biggest problem is the disparity in wealth distribution, and the deliberate destruction of social safety nets. 

There should LITERALLY be no poverty in developed nations. 

NONE. 

I meant the biggest problem in relation to housing. 

Naturally, I agree with your statement overall. 

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Biggest problem is we have two major parties in the UK, and the SNP here, who act on the interests of landlords.

I agree, so if you rent and don't want to vote for someone else. But these people don't. Brexit (immigration) wasn't even a mainstream issue until Ukip formed and made it one. If folk really despise renting so much they should form a party, or at least try and push the issue harder. 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

No, that's not it. I've went winters without heating because my radiator never worked. I called about it umpteen times, every time they said it was fine, because it technically turned on. It doesn't have to get hot. It just has to get a little warm for it to be ok. 1948 Act. Farce. Threatened to charge me money if I phone them about it again. Happy to take all my rent money and then try shill me for the deposit though :-). Another guy, different flat, complained about the mould, he explained how it was my fault because I wasn't opening windows in the middle of winter after I had a shower. That cunt never got my last months rent. He got to keep my deposit. 

Ok, so you have had a shite experience (love Shaina Twain) but I am sure others can regale you with stories of tenants being as equally cuntish - guess what people can be cunts regardless of their wealth.

However labelling someone on their wealth alone is a proper minky, and jealous, trait ?

Also did you not try bleeding the radiator ?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

I agree, so if you rent and don't want to vote for someone else. But these people don't. Brexit (immigration) wasn't even a mainstream issue until Ukip formed and made it one. If folk really despise renting so much they should form a party, or at least try and push the issue harder. 

That's assuming there's a party willing to stand for your interests. Labour is a fucking disgrace right now. 

People do try to push the issue min, many people been banging the drum for years. Corbyn was a huge advocate for more social housing and an end to homelessness. Viewed as "not realistic." Or "non serious." 

The problem is staring everyone in the face, not that it'll be admitted by any mainstream politician. 

Brexit was supported by many Tories. Labour should be acting on the interests of working people. They don't. 

The Labour Party needs reclaimed from the cunts. 

4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Ok, so you have had a shite experience (love Shaina Twain) but I am sure others can regale you with stories of tenants being as equally cuntish - guess what people can be cunts regardless of their wealth.

However labelling someone on their wealth alone is a proper minky, and jealous, trait ?

Also did you not try bleeding the radiator ?

It was a brick heated radiator, ancient. 

Im not labelling them BECAUSE of their wealth FFS. I'm labelling them BECAUSE of how they attained it. 

Ok, so tenants can be cunts, does that mean people should hoard housing? No, it doesn't. 

Would you be ok with folk struggling to access water? People investing in water cause they know it'll always be needed? Profiteering off of water?