In the News

Ramandu

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

I would agree with the creation of a trans section. I don't think it can be ignored. 

But MHD, Bri, all over that article misgendering the person because they see it as a trans issue. That might be the case for other sports/competitions, but it appears the main issue here was letting kids compete v adults. Not allowing trans skateboarders. Rather than come to that obvious and logical conclusion, they saw it is a great opportunity to shit all over a trans person for competing in a skateboarding comp they'd have known nothing about otherwise. It's arsehole behaviour. 

Everyone said Laurel Hubbard would smash the Olympics because she transitioned from a man to a woman. She didn't even qualify for the latter stages. It's not black and white, but I understand the biological argument with regards to things like muscle density, lung capacity etc. 

I don't necessarily disagree with the creation of a tertiary sector like so, in sport. 

That wasn't the point I was making to Bri or MHD, tho. They were being arseholes over something they wouldn't have thought twice about otherwise. 

Easy to hate what you don't understand. It's hard to accept that you can't understand everything and approach things with empathy. 

Something a lot of folks in the world, particularly men, lack. 

Not to pile on but you are all over the place here.

You talk about a lack of empathy but you are clearly showing that towards women (biological) in not backing them.

Why is it men are telling women that they have to accept an entirely male driven set of circumstances?

Misogyny?

Fuck the patriarchy I believe t swift sings...

Science is not difficult to understand.

There is an inherent advantage to going thru male puberty that gives these athletes an unfair advantage later in life versus natural biological women.

I notice you didn't address the safe guarding part of my response.

2 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

You talk about a lack of empathy but you are clearly showing that towards women (biological) in not backing them.

Why is it men are telling women that they have to accept an entirely male driven set of circumstances?

Misogyny?

There is an inherent advantage to going thru male puberty that gives these athletes an unfair advantage later in life versus natural biological women.

ha

3 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Misogyny?

Mate, I'm agreeing with you. 

There should be a third sector for trans athletes. 

Sorry if that wasn't clear. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Ah, so when other people think it's ridiculous having them compete against women they are "hateful idiots" but when you think it it's OK?

If they are being transphobic, misgendering them, and suggesting they might meet some sort of violence- yeah bud, that's pretty hateful. 

They didn't seem to take issue with the fact a biological woman finished 4th, ahead of a bunch of teenage girls/kids, which was the real issue with that competition. A 29 year old was 1st and a 26 year old 4th. Seems stupid. Also, if a biological woman did finish first, no trans competitors, do you think Brian would've posted it crying about how it's unfair that a grown woman beat a bunch of kids? No. He wouldn't have, because that's not his angle. It's not about fairness, it's about shitting on trans folk. 

You can think trans women shouldn't compete in women sports, but there's a difference between disagreeing with that and being mean spirited, nasty and bigoted. Which they were/are. 

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If they are being transphobic, misgendering them, and suggesting they might meet some sort of violence- yeah bud, that's pretty hateful. 

They didn't seem to take issue with the fact a biological woman finished 4th, ahead of a bunch of teenage girls/kids, which was the real issue with that competition. A 29 year old was 1st and a 26 year old 4th. Seems stupid. Also, if a biological woman did finish first, no trans competitors, do you think Brian would've posted it crying about how it's unfair that a grown woman beat a bunch of kids? No. He wouldn't have, because that's not his angle. It's not about fairness, it's about shitting on trans folk. 

You can think trans women shouldn't compete in women sports, but there's a difference between disagreeing with that and being mean spirited, nasty and bigoted. Which they were/are. 

There you go again.

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They didn't seem to take issue with the fact a biological woman finished 4th, ahead of a bunch of teenage girls/kids, which was the real issue with that competition. A 29 year old was 1st and a 26 year old 4th. Seems stupid. Also, if a biological woman did finish first, no trans competitors, do you think Brian would've posted it crying about how it's unfair that a grown woman beat a bunch of kids? No. He wouldn't have, because that's not his angle. It's not about fairness, it's about shitting on trans folk

There's websites dedicated to that sort of stuff I'm told.

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

There you go again.

If the woman, more developed than the kids, had finished 1st, you wouldn't have batted and eyelid or moaned about fairness. Despite the fact that's incredibly unfair, that an adults should compete v kids. 

They didn't even mention the fact a 26 year old CIS woman finished 4th, ahead of kids. 

They don't care about fairness. They care about being dicks about trans folk. 

9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If the woman, more developed than the kids, had finished 1st, you wouldn't have batted and eyelid or moaned about fairness. Despite the fact that's incredibly unfair, that an adults should compete v kids. 

They didn't even mention the fact a 26 year old  CIS women finished 4th, ahead of kids. 

They don't care about fairness. They care about being dicks about trans folk. 

No wonder Scotland beat them 3-0 if they were actually women. Women are shite at football.

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

It's a fair assumption to make, considering they never pointed that fact out. 

Also a fair assumption make, considering they literally slagged off the trans competitor.

LOL

Slagged them off for taking part in the competition you think they shouldn't have taken part in either?

Lol