In the News

Ramandu

8 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Top level? It was a skateboarding competition with 13 year olds in it. Hardly the Olympics. No one is stopping her skateboarding,  why the need to compete?

Surely she can see why her fellow women think it unfair?

Not every woman thinks that. 

I was talking about it as a wider issue. 

If she's entitled to compete, she can compete if she likes, the same way the other adults did. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Not every woman thinks that. 

I was talking about it as a wider issue. 

If she's entitled to compete, she can compete if she likes, the same way the other adults did. 

So you think trans women should compete against cis women now?

Make yer mind up.

My point is it's not participating in sport thats the issue it's competing. There is an obvious unfairness so why can't they see that and act accordingly?

Seems awful selfish(am I allowed to think that?)

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Make yer mind up.

My point is it's not participating in sport thats the issue it's competing. There is an obvious unfairness so why can't they see that and act accordingly?

Whats a cis again?

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

If the woman, more developed than the kids, had finished 1st, you wouldn't have batted and eyelid or moaned about fairness. Despite the fact that's incredibly unfair, that an adults should compete v kids. 

They didn't even mention the fact a 26 year old CIS woman finished 4th, ahead of kids. 

They don't care about fairness. They care about being dicks about trans folk. 

IIRC skateboarding is one of those sports, along with BMXing, that prominently features younger stars and it’s more unusual to see top players in eg their 30s than their teens. 

Did a brave “age of Olympic skateboarding medalists” search and yes average age was 14 for females and a 12 year old won a medal. 

So, at least we now know it is false to claim it was unfair to pitch 20 somethings against kids. 

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Make yer mind up.

As long as they are allowed to- YES. Why shouldn't they?

My suggestion is they change that to avoid convos like these and avoid hate going their way. 

There isn't an obvious unfairness in all sports. I don't know the first thing about skateboarding, I have no idea how that competition was judged, what it was based off of, etc etc etc. 

The reason she won, was probs cause she was fuckin 29, and has probs been skateboarding for a larger part of her life. Of course a 29 year old is going to beat a bunch of kids. 

I don't know if all the benefits that apply to say, football (from a male perspective) also apply to skateboarding, ice skating, rollerblading, etc. 

You think what you like. Just don't do it too hard, now. 

14 minutes ago, CCB III said:

As long as they are allowed to- YES. Why shouldn't they?

My suggestion is they change that to avoid convos like these and avoid hate going their way. 

There isn't an obvious unfairness in all sports. I don't know the first thing about skateboarding, I have no idea how that competition was judged, what it was based off of, etc etc etc. 

The reason she won, was probs cause she was fuckin 29, and has probs been skateboarding for a larger part of her life. Of course a 29 year old is going to beat a bunch of kids. 

I don't know if all the benefits that apply to say, football (from a male perspective) also apply to skateboarding, ice skating, rollerblading, etc. 

You think what you like. Just don't do it too hard, now. 

That would be so much simpler if they used a bit common sense, realised it's unfair, and stopped doing it instead of the current situation of forcing the issue and making every sports association jump through hoops to keep fairness but appear inclusive.

Just now, manboobs109 said:

So age isn't the issue? Tell that to Consi, he thinks it's out of order.

I dunno what you two are arguing about now. Just clicked on the thread, saw that post and it made me laugh. 

I mind watching the skateboarding at the Olympics last year. A 13 year old UK athlete (who I'd previously stumbled across skating on Venice Beach when I was in LA) won bronze. 

9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

That would be so much simpler if they used a bit common sense, realised it's unfair, and stopped doing it instead of the current situation of forcing the issue and making every sports association jump through hoops to keep fairness but appear inclusive.

You're right. They should just shut up and go away. 

That's reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So age isn't the issue? Tell that to Consi, he thinks it's out of order.

When did I say it was out of order? 

I said the overriding issue is that an adult of almost 30 is competing against someone less than half her age. 

I don't claim to know what the standard protocol is for skateboarding, it just seems weird kids v adults would be a thing. Normally isn't in other sports. 

The fact that they are trans is what Maryhilldumbo and StinkyBoBrianFaePoo decided to focus on. 

Because again, they don't care about womens skateboarding or how fair it is, they care that their anti trans agenda seemingly has another case. 

You're right. They should just shut up and go away. 

That's reasonable. 

You're projecting opinions on me again. I didn't say that. You yourself have said it's unfair and advocate a new category for them. I'm saying why can't they also acknowledge this, show a bit of solidarity and refrain from competing until then?

I'm definitely not saying "they should shut up and go away"

"So age isn't the issue."

Translates to; 

I had no idea what the fuck I was on about before so let me flip this to something else 

It was you thought brought age into it. You thought it was dreadfully unfair a grown woman was competing against kids.

It seems it might be you who didn't know what you were on about.

There was a post earlier today which hit the nail on the head. And I'm not sure why all the women who are against trans-women competing in female events aren't shouting it from the rooftops at every opporchancity.

And that is......if taking female hormones degrades a male to female transsexual's athletic performance to a level that makes it a level playing playing field for them to take part in elite female sports.............then it naturally follows that taking male hormones for a female to male transsexual should enhance their performance to a level where they could compete evenly in male elite sports. However, strangely enough, there are no female to "male" sportspeople getting anywhere close to doing that at any level of sport, never mind elite ones.

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There was a post earlier today which hit the nail on the head. And I'm not sure why all the women who are against trans-women competing in female events aren't shouting it from the rooftops at every opporchancity.

And that is......if taking female hormones degrades a male to female transsexual's athletic performance to a level that makes it a level playing playing field for them to take part in elite female sports.............then it naturally follows that taking male hormones for a female to male transsexual should enhance their performance to a level where they could compete evenly in male elite sports. However, strangely enough, there are no female to "male" sportspeople getting anywhere close to doing that at any level of sport, never mind elite ones.

Not as simple as that. Males will still have better aerobic capacity, bigger lungs, more red blood cells, better spacial awareness and a whole host of other factors giving them an advantage that you can't 'train up' to have. 

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You're projecting opinions on me again. I didn't say that. You yourself have said it's unfair and advocate a new category for them. I'm saying why can't they also acknowledge this, show a bit of solidarity and refrain from competing until then?

I'm definitely not saying "they should shut up and go away"

I said I didn't know if it was unfair. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Because the want to compete and are allowed to, thank you. 

10 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It was you thought brought age into it. You thought it was dreadfully unfair a grown woman was competing against kids.

It seems it might be you who didn't know what you were on about.

I didn't think it was "dreadfully unfair." Putting words in my mouth. 

I said it's interesting the first thing they pick up on is that the winner was trans. Not the fact they were an adult. Not the fact that other adults were oddly competing in the same tournament. 

Why aren't folk raging a post pubescent woman is beating pre pubescent kids to Olympic medals? How's that fair? One has went through puberty, will have greater benefit because of it, the other is either going through it, or hasn't had it yet? Seems unfair. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

I said I didn't know if it was unfair. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Because the want to compete and are allowed to, thank you. 

So why advocate a new category? Seems very pointless if the current situation is fair.

Seems you might be preaching about something you know little about.

Nothing new there.

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Not as simple as that. Males will still have better aerobic capacity, bigger lungs, more red blood cells, better spacial awareness and a whole host of other factors giving them an advantage that you can't 'train up' to have. 

Which is precisely what I'm saying.....the myth that taking oestrogen negates having went through male puberty and the physical advantages that gives a male over a female is precisely that....a fucking myth. In fact it's more than a myth....it's a downright lie

Just now, manboobs109 said:

So why advocate a new category? Seems very pointless if the current situation is fair.

Seems you might be preaching about something you know little about.

Nothing new there.

I've told you already. 

To take the heat off them until they know exactly what the deal is. I've said that like 3 times. 

I know in certain sports it'll certainly be unfair, like Basketball, football, swimming, etc etc, but not necessarily in other sports 

Synchronised swimming for example, what would be the deal with that? 

Im not actually claiming to know anything. I'm saying I categorically don't know. 

Im saying Bri and MHD are cunts for cherrypicking a story, and using it to shit on trans folk.