In the News

Ramandu

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

Fuck it. My problem is with defence solicitors defending people they know are guilty of serious crimes. They are not meant to knowingly lie, encourage their clients to knowingly lie or withhold information that shows guilt of their clients. This happens all the time and if you think it doesn't you are either naive or stupid.

They also attempt to exploit loopholes is law to have evidence, which they have seen, which proves their clients guilt, ruled as inadmissible. I have personal experience of this.

All of this is done mostly in the most serious cases, often involving dangerous people, and at the taxpayers expense.

There appears to be no comeback on solicitors who do this and often it benefits them as they get a reputation as being able to get the guilty "off"

The people who suffer most are the people you claim to care about, victims, their families, future victims, crime ridden(poor) communities, while rich, dodgy, solicitors and advocates get rich.

Thanks  

Seems your main gripe is lawyers/solicitors breaking the law. I'd doubt anyone supports that  

Nothing wrong with them using loopholes or technicalities though. That's a problem with the law. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks  

Seems your main gripe is lawyers/solicitors breaking the law. I'd doubt anyone supports that  

Nothing wrong with them using loopholes or technicalities though. That's a problem with the law. 

Are you Rebekah Vardy?

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Thanks to hundreds of years of development of the justice system and it being held to account by defence lawyers, thereby driving the highest of standards from the prosecuting side. 

You do come across awful pompous at times Parky.

No one is arguing otherwise. My "how do they sleep at night" comment is about people who defend people who they know committed terrible crimes and get rich doing so.

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You do come across awful pompous at times Parky.

No one is arguing otherwise. My "how do they sleep at night" comment is about people who defend people who they know committed terrible crimes and get rich doing so.

A strong defence is an essential pillar of our justice system.

I'm assuming these people sleep well knowing that. Probably on a Simba mattress and Egyptian cotton sheets. 

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm assuming these people sleep well knowing that. Probably on a Simba mattress and Egyptian cotton sheets. 

I went to see a play based upon the Lion King recently, was very good

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Genuine question, not trying to catch you out or anything. If you were assaulted, it's caught on cctv but there was a mistake in the processing of the footage and it's ruled inadmissible, say data protection protocols weren't followed, would you be OK with the person walking free?

7 minutes ago, sigh said:

Thon skinny lass McColgan ran a 10K last night to win a medal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/commonwealth-games/62416055

I took part and shuffled round a different 10K last night and also received a medal.

She took half the time I took to do it - I soaked up the scenery and enjoyed myself.

Skinny bint.

She seriously ran at twice my speed, for the whole 10K - I need to speed up.

I used to manage a 10k in about an hour.  Coulna' drive that now.

6 minutes ago, sigh said:

I took part and shuffled round a different 10K last night and also received a medal.

She took half the time I took to do it - I soaked up the scenery and enjoyed myself.

Skinny bint.

@Edwin Starr

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Genuine question, not trying to catch you out or anything. If you were assaulted, it's caught on cctv but there was a mistake in the processing of the footage and it's ruled inadmissible, say data protection protocols weren't followed, would you be OK with the person walking free?

No. I'd be pissed off at the cunt who did it and pissed off at the prosecution/police for making a cunt of it. 

16 minutes ago, sigh said:

Skinny bint.

40:44 is my 10k PB. Was almost 8 years ago now though. Would be doing well to get close to 45 mins these days. 

McColgan was brilliant last night. What a race it was. Really enjoyed it. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Totally irrelevant to the point you made about defence lawyers .