In the News

Ramandu

30 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I suppose they want to minimise the stress he might suffer.  Havin' watched someone die under medical supervision and treatment it's not a pleasant experience I can tell you but to think of witnessin' that if the person was distressed is unbearable.  Possibly the wee lad wouldnt know, who knows but those present would.  Nah, let him go peacefully and with dignity fuck her misplaced hope and massive ego.  Horrible cow.

He won't suffer any stress,  he's brain dead.  That's the whole point, it's only machines keeping him alive. He'd be oblivious to getting put in an ambulance.

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

He won't suffer any stress,  he's brain dead.  That's the whole point, it's only machines keeping him alive. He'd be oblivious to getting put in an ambulance.

OK, didn't realise you were medically qualified.  There's clearly no reason whatsoever for them to want to keep him where he is.  Doin' it for shits and giggles I suspect. They are just plain bastards.  Fuckin' NHS?  I shit em?

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Open a couple of bank accounts. Get one through a credit union if possible. The SO's will be trying to freeze yours.

I leave as little in the bank as possible now, enough to cover my rent and DDs. Just in case they raid my account. The SOs have been sending me threatening letters for 10 years, I blank them. Hence the £15000 council tax debt. Apparently if you enter into a payment agreement with them then renege on it you're fucked, so I just ignore them and don't get involved in a payment agreement. No doubt it'll catch up with me at some point,  but fuck them. I'll offer to pay back a tenner a week on the never never. That's for another day.

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I leave as little in the bank as possible now, enough to cover my rent and DDs. Just in case they raid my account. The SOs have been sending me threatening letters for 10 years, I blank them. Hence the £15000 council tax debt. Apparently if you enter into a payment agreement with them then renege on it you're fucked, so I just ignore them and don't get involved in a payment agreement. No doubt it'll catch up with me at some point,  but fuck them. I'll offer to pay back a tenner a week on the never never. That's for another day.

You can rent my Motorhome when they evict you.  You fuckin' mink, homeless Weegie piece of shit you?

47 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

OK, didn't realise you were medically qualified.  There's clearly no reason whatsoever for them to want to keep him where he is.  Doin' it for shits and giggles I suspect. They are just plain bastards.  Fuckin' NHS?  I shit em?

34 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

You can rent my Motorhome when they evict you.  You fuckin' mink, homeless Weegie piece of shit you?

14 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Not when they clear you out, stop all your financial transactions, block your accounts.  You'll come beggin'.  I can wait.

You ooze "hun bastard"

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/9258027/archie-battersbee-mum-mouth-to-mouth-oxygen/

she is off her nut. 

Just cannot understand why an adult would behave like this. Publicly calling out the nhs trust and saying the Dr’s are wrong is potentially massively damaging for the trust and care for every single patient in it. Can’t believe her legal team are letting her get away with saying these things.

I’m not entirely convinced she’s innocent tbh and wouldn’t be surprised if her excessive public grief isn’t a cover up. But that’s for the D.I. Thread. 

just incase you still had any sympathy for them, the dad has pics in a hun top. So…

It’s a sad story but pretty sure that the tik tok story is a cover up to a suicide bid. The experts will not have taken their decision lightly.

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Fine so far. Don't need heating at this time of year anyway,  boil kettle for hot water to wash. Get a shower at my old dears. Gonna get a gym membership round the corner,  use their facilities and still save a fortune. My last quarterly bill over the summer was £48 for heating/hot water ,  £40 of it was service charge. Fuck them, they're not holding me to ransom. I owe the cunts about £1400 going back over 2 years,  sent me a letter giving me 5 days notice of disconnection. Said it would cost £200 to flick a switch and connect me again. I just thought  'you know what, yous can fuck off'.

Presume you’ve a separate electricity supplier?

25 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

And complete and utter wanker

18 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Nobody pays the least bit of attention to what you think, least of all me.

Obvious, tedious, borin' and cringe as fuck you are.  Straighten yersel oot min ffs!!.

You ladz are at it early this morning.

9 hours ago, CCB III said:

I've not said rather they were in office. I'm saying I'd rather the person in office represented working people and their real, material needs. SKS doesn't. So what'll be main difference? 

Tell me what policy he has that'll be so different. 

Moobs, there's heaps of issues right now he could vow to tackle. He needs to be popular, if they see he's down in the polls and call yet another GE it's tatties.

Hes reneged on almost all his campaign pledges, but begs people to trust him. He's a snake. 

What are people concerned about now? Their wages stagnating, Labour has offered no solution. The cost of living. No solution provided. Wanting on the property market? No solution. NHS slowly being privatised? Wes Streeting wants more private involvement. He won't even stand on a picket line with striking workers. 

He could be attacking these issues in these times of uncertainty and getting himself a good lead. 

Thing is, he doesn't want to. That's not his politics. His politics are probably closer to Sunaks than say, Sultana. 

Ccb, the reason Streeting and starmer etc have the no picket line rule is because rather than be perpetually in opposition and doing nothing more than being essentially a protest vote they actually want to be the government. 

Being the government means you can’t be on picket lines. 

This has been explained to the labour MPs as has collective responsibility whereby all the shadow cabinet agree to share the same collective voice / have a unified stance on issues. 

It’s about being seen as credible by the country at large. Of course lots of people find it frustrating and are angry about it but the Tories aren’t daft and would love nothing more than the shadow cabinet standing about a picket line with a megaphone and a placard. 

They have advocated for the government to be less intransigent and actively work to getting a solution. This is what Drakeford in Wales, where Labour are in power, has done. He didn’t go on the picket line (far left labour response) nor did he take the Tory view that the workers are all greedy bastards who should be grateful they have a job at all. 

I get your frustration but the picture is to be in power again. I liked Corbyn but it’s an inescapable fact that for a lot of the people (the people largely out with large cities ie the people Labour need to win control) he’s nothing more than someone happy to protest about everything safe in the knowledge that he won’t ever really have to deal with the matter. Someone who lacks credibility outwith his bubble of acolytes. 

In summary, if you want actual power you tack closer to the middle. This makes you more palatable to more of the country. 

Labour do oppose lots of Tory policies and have their own views re NHS & housing etc but you will never see a detailed manifesto this far away from a GE. 
Take the windfall tax for example, Labour wanted it, tories opposed then u turned. Now, a campaigning Tory in a marginal can point to the windfall tax as something they’ve done to tackle the  cost of living crisis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Ccb, the reason Streeting and starmer etc have the no picket line rule is because rather than be perpetually in opposition and doing nothing more than being essentially a protest vote they actually want to be the government. 

This has been explained to the labour MPs as has collective responsibility whereby all the shadow cabinet agree to share the same collective voice / have a unified stance on issues. 

It’s about being seen as credible by the country at large. Of course lots of people find it frustrating and are angry about it but the Tories aren’t daft and would love nothing more than the shadow cabinet standing about a picket line with a megaphone and a placard. 

They have advocated for the government to be less intransigent and actively work to getting a solution. This is what Drakeford in Wales, where Labour are in power, has done. He didn’t go on the picket line (far left labour response) nor did he take the Tory view that the workers are all greedy bastards who should be grateful they have a job at all. 

I get your frustration but the picture is to be in power again. I liked Corbyn but it’s an inescapable fact that for a lot of the people (the people largely out with large cities ie the people Labour need to win control) he’s nothing more than someone happy to protest about everything safe in the knowledge that he won’t ever really have to deal with the matter. Someone who lacks credibility outwith his bubble of acolytes. 

In summary, if you want actual power you tack closer to the middle. This makes you more palatable to more of the country. 

Labour do oppose lots of Tory policies and have their own views re NHS & housing etc but you will never see a detailed manifesto this far away from a GE. 
Take the windfall tax for example, Labour wanted it, tories opposed then u turned. Now, a campaigning Tory in a marginal can point to the windfall tax as something they’ve done to tackle the  cost of living crisis.

Great post. Mad that people can't see this tbh. The Corbyn experiment fucked up bit people just want more Corbyn, meaning more Tory government.

I reckon there will be a general election within the year and Labour will win.

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Nail on head 

Go back a few weeks prior to the strike action and the Tories and Tory press (so beloved of some on here) were putting the onus on labour to stop the strikes.

Which they were able to bat away.

If they are all out there on the picket lines, the narrative is easy to form.

Avatar comrade corbyn, who has never had a real job btw, has blinded so many to the realities.

39 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Great post. Mad that people can't see this tbh. The Corbyn experiment fucked up bit people just want more Corbyn, meaning more Tory government.

Labour are ahead by a significant margin in every poll.

Yet consi and the lads are claiming they are behind.

Madness.

1 hour ago, manboobs109 said:

After the Tory have voted who is to be the next PM they will surely feck it up, that and the looming recession, will mean that a general election will be held within the next year - that is Labour's big chance, just depends whether the Tories change leader again for it - although no sure who to? 

2 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Plenty of shadow cabinets have stood on picket lines in the past. 

Fuck, even some of the current shadow cabinet stood on picket lines- when it suited!

The main aim isn't simply power for powers sake. It has to be power that makes a difference to peoples lives, not power that makes them "a bit less shit."

Right now is prime time for some left wing policies. Pandering to the centre makes it appear as though nothing is happening and he stands for fuck all but some political buzzwords like "integrity" "honesty" and all that shit. 

Corbyns policies were popular. The 2017 election showed that. What fucked Corbyn over in 2019 was the insistence from within the party for another Brexit referendum, something that Brexit Secretary SKS was insistent on. That and the deliberate direction of funds away from marginal seats. 

FFWRD to today,  he never mentions hard brexit! Says we should all just get on with it. 

Neoliberalism is dead. It's failing us now. 

Windfall tax is a short term solution to what is a much, much bigger problem. 

Do Labour want to simply be firemen who put out the fire, or do they want to build a new house? 

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Depends what you define as meaningful change. I reckon Blair/Brown made meaningful change, you don't.

I cynical about them but I'd much rather SKS was in charge than Sunak/Truss.

Their change like starting off the privatisation of the NHS?

Millions of brown folks dead (who cares, right?) 

Any good work they did easily dismantled by 12 years of these scum in charge. 

I'd rather SKS was in charge than Sunak or Truss but just because that's the case doesn't mean you can't wish the Labour leader had better policies, principles and will to represent working people. 

Was a Knight of the Realm ever going to really stand up for the working class, no, probably not.