In the News

Ramandu

23 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Very strange.  Doesn't seem overly upset.  Looks like he's lookin' for somebody to blame.  Thought the 'race card' was gonna come out there.

Not his fault his daughter can't swim I guess.

The water park's response is a bit vague also. Although it'd need to be legally it seems they're almost implying there's more to it.

One for the Hat PI thread.

There’s absolutely no excuse for a 11 year old kid not having been taught how to swim.

I’d not let a kid who cannot swim go to a swim party - whether there is a non-swimmers area or not.

Horrible to lose a kid but he needs to reflect and consider what more he could have done as a father to prepare his child for the world  imo.

Swimming is a life skill, however too many kids leave school still unable to swim. Unfortunately black and minority ethnic groups are amongst the worst - fucking awful at it. 

imo they should be called out for it - teach you kids to swim or save us the crocodile tears.

23 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

There’s absolutely no excuse for a 11 year old kid not having been taught how to swim.

I’d not let a kid who cannot swim go to a swim party - whether there is a non-swimmers area or not.

Horrible to lose a kid but he needs to reflect and consider what more he could have done as a father to prepare his child for the world  imo.

Swimming is a life skill, however too many kids leave school still unable to swim. Unfortunately black and minority ethnic groups are amongst the worst - fucking awful at it. 

imo they should be called out for it - teach you kids to swim or save us the crocodile tears.

Too many people shit out kids without a care in the world, and expect the kid to just succeed without guidance or life skills. 

Often there's natural attrition, (kid can't swim, send him to a swimming pool) and for the survivors we do need people to dig ditches. 

Water Based Activities it was called when I was in school (my school had its own 25m pool). I can only remember tying a knot at the ankles of pyjama bottoms then throwing them over your head to fill with air as a makeshift bouyancy aid. Oh, and learning how to do an Eskimo roll in a canoe. Valuable skills ive never had to utilise.

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Water Based Activities it was called when I was in school (my school had its own 25m pool). I can only remember tying a knot at the ankles of pyjama bottoms then throwing them over your head to fill with air as a makeshift bouyancy aid. Oh, and learning how to do an Eskimo roll in a canoe. Valuable skills ive never had to utilise.

Haha brings back good memories. 

Did a school canoeing course at Strathclyde park. More likely to get cholera than drown in that water. Manky, but still better than history and tech every Tuesday afternoon. 

16 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

We had to rescue a plastic brick from the bottom of the deep end. Thankfully never had to use these skills either but I know what to do should I ever encounter a drowning plastic brick. 

Aye, I remember rescuing a brick as well. It was a skill I'd already honed, we used to throw our locker keys in and rescue them at a much younger age. I reckon I could've been a competent pearl diver by the age of 10.

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Where do you even start with that? 

*"Defence agent Debbie Ginniver said her client had been self-medicating with alcohol at the time"

Is self-medicating with alcohol even a thing? Isn't that just getting pished? 

*“And when asked why he was going to murder them, he replied ‘because I am a muppet’.”

*The court heard how Sanders then resisted arrest, repeatedly kicked one officer and called others “muppets and gingers”

*The court heard Sanders had just completed a period of supervision and was in the midst of a separate unpaid work order for previous offending whereby he was going to rob a bank and murder a phone thief. 

This might be the single greatest serious article ever written. 

Just checking some of the other articles written by Kathryn Wylie.

That looks like a fucking brilliant job. 

* Whisky thief brandished Buckfast bottle at police during breakfast disturbance - "“A lot of this offending took place when she was under the influences of drugs or alcohol or both."

* Mum who crashed car into wall at 10am was SIX times the limit

Landlord headbutted former tenant in brawl outside Tesco

Neighbour posted lit cigarette through letterbox then brandished metal pole in woman’s garden

Drugged-up council worker smashed car into railings at Haudagain roundabout

Aberdeenshire farmworker denies inhumanely killing pigs – by hitting them with hammer

Get off me!’Tradesman attacked girlfriend in front of horrified friends

5 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Agreed 100%

6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62633946

interesting that they won’t release the last footage seen of her (the body cam footage from the police/ ambulance)

suspect that’ll change the public opinion. I’m not convinced she’s the angelic student nurse they’ve been portraying 

Just scrolled through that article. She sounds like a right raver that's lost the plot. 

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62633946

interesting that they won’t release the last footage seen of her (the body cam footage from the police/ ambulance)

suspect that’ll change the public opinion. I’m not convinced she’s the angelic student nurse they’ve been portraying 

Quite probable she's mentally unwell. 

Maybe she's a nice lassie going through something.