In the News

Ramandu

4 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

That’s a perfect use of a logical fallacy. Good work. 

My point was extreme to drill it home. 

Anything reported in the western press about Russia we are expected to readily believe and condemn, whilst on the flip side, anything negative on Ukraine we're expected to take as Russian propaganda. All positive Ukrainian stories are to be taken as fact. 

I refer you back to the start of this with the ghost of Kyiv. A total and utter fabrication that serious western media reported as truth. 

Im just asking people make up their own minds. 

24 minutes ago, CCB III said:

My point was extreme to drill it home. 

Anything reported in the western press about Russia we are expected to readily believe and condemn, whilst on the flip side, anything negative on Ukraine we're expected to take as Russian propaganda. All positive Ukrainian stories are to be taken as fact. 

I refer you back to the start of this with the ghost of Kyiv. A total and utter fabrication that serious western media reported as truth. 

Im just asking people make up their own minds. 

Aye the ghost of Kyiv was a load of pish wasn’t it. IIRC Ukraine did come out and say as much. Something along the lines of it’s the collective spirit rather than an individual. 

Made me question Biggles’ heroism that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Aye the ghost of Kyiv was a load of pish wasn’t it. IIRC Ukraine did come out and say as much. Something along the lines of it’s the collective spirit rather than an individual. 

Made me question Biggles’ heroism that’s for sure. 

But you see the point I'm making?

Im not trying to both sides the issue, but it's so much more nuanced and complicated that your average person believes. That's just considering what we know. 

Im advocating for people to think critically on the issue, and sometimes that can mean they hold to conflicting thoughts at the same time. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Im advocating for people to think critically on the issue, and sometimes that can mean they hold to conflicting thoughts at the same time. 

Yet you have failed to do that yourself with regards to the Amnesty international report. 

You're a clever lad and I value your input, but I'm not wasting my time or yours arguing on this matter, go do some reading about the report and educate yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yet you have failed to do that yourself with regards to the Amnesty international report. 

You're a clever lad and I value your input, but I'm not wasting my time or yours arguing on this matter, go do some reading about the report and educate yourself. 

I'm distrusting of the media around the report. 

Where should I start ?

10 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Well the co-founder of Amnesty resigned over it, and they wouldn't co-operate with the Ukrainian office of Amnesty, so who exactly was giving them the info. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/13/amnesty-ukraine-civilians-at-risk-why-i-quit/

The Washington post!!!

Thats US propaganda FTLOF

Shes totally walked it back like CBS had to the other week. 

Only an idiot would read the amnesty report and think "duh, well I think Russia are actually right here" 

Talking to me about propaganda and doing reading, then send me a Washington Post article. Come on.

"As a result, the publication put Ukrainian civilians at a potentially greater risk. Russia repeatedly justifies attacks against civilian infrastructure by falsely claiming that civilian targets were military objectives"

Which isn't a reason to justify attacks, but if it's happening, it should be reported on, objectively. 

"As a result, the publication put Ukrainian civilians at a potentially greater risk. Russia repeatedly justifies attacks against civilian infrastructure by falsely claiming that civilian targets were military objectives"

Which isn't a reason to justify attacks, but if it's happening, it should be reported on, objectively. 

You know that sentence is meaning Russian attacks against civilians? 

15 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

You know that sentence is meaning Russian attacks against civilians? 

Yes. They justify it by saying Ukraine are endangering civilians, though.

You can think there's a chance that Ukraine are doing that, and also acknowledge Russia hasn't the right to be there in the first place. 

18 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Yes. They justify it by saying Ukraine are endangering civilians, though.

You can think there's a chance that Ukraine are doing that, and also acknowledge Russia hasn't the right to be there in the first place. 

What you think Ukraine was encouraging civilians to get hit by random Russian attacks? Telling them not to leave their homes? Ukraine doesn't force people to leave areas of conflict just tells them they should. 

The fucking Russians struck a passenger train today, at a civilian station killing at least 15 and injuring lots more. 

14 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

What you think Ukraine was encouraging civilians to get hit by random Russian attacks? Telling them not to leave their homes? Ukraine doesn't force people to leave areas of conflict just tells them they should. 

The fucking Russians struck a passenger train today, at a civilian station killing at least 15 and injuring lots more. 

They shouldn't be setting up near civilians, which is the point of amnesty's report lol

Second point, ok? I don't doubt it. Horrible shit. Irrelevant to my points regarding propaganda from both sides. 

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They shouldn't be setting up near civilians, which is the point of amnesty's report lol

In general they aren't setting up near civilians, and if Russia is attacking the city air defence equipment etc has to be in the city to defend it, this isn't against international law. 

Russia isn't targeting these areas with precision munitions to try and take out specific equipment. They have fuck all intel, fuck all decent missiles left in terms of accuracy and are just randomly shelling civilian areas, which is a war crime. 

18 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

In general they aren't setting up near civilians, and if Russia is attacking the city air defence equipment etc has to be in the city to defend it, this isn't against international law. 

Russia isn't targeting these areas with precision munitions to try and take out specific equipment. They have fuck all intel, fuck all decent missiles left in terms of accuracy and are just randomly shelling civilian areas, which is a war crime. 

But they are in some cases? Which is what the report states and stresses, the report also stresses that it doesn't condone Russian attacks or justify them because if this revelation. 

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be war crimes from both sides of Nazis. There usually are war crimes when war is on. 

My point is about propaganda. Both sides are doing it but for some reason any honest reporting on Ukraine that doesn't paint them as heroic freedom fighters is immediately shut the fuck down. 

Its terrible journalism/censorship and only allowing for one, simple conclusion to be drawn from all this. 

But they are in some cases? Which is what the report states and stresses, the report also stresses that it doesn't condone Russian attacks or justify them because if this revelation. 

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be war crimes from both sides of Nazis. There usually are war crimes when war is on. 

My point is about propaganda. Both sides are doing it but for some reason any honest reporting on Ukraine that doesn't paint them as heroic freedom fighters is immediately shut the fuck down. 

Its terrible journalism/censorship and only allowing for one, simple conclusion to be drawn from all this. 

You’re right, ccb

9 hours ago, CCB III said:

Ukraine is legally basing air defence and troops in city because Russians are attacking those cities. So are doing nothing wrong in that regard. I can’t speak for every single Ukrainian solider, but they need weapons from the west and they know they won’t get them if they don’t follow the Geneva convention. 

Meanwhile Russia is bombing civilians, castrating people, wide spread torture, raping kids, mass kidnap and deportation of kids, executing prisoners of war, forced conscription, etc etc etc. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Ukraine is legally basing air defence and troops in city because Russians are attacking those cities. So are doing nothing wrong in that regard. I can’t speak for every single Ukrainian solider, but they need weapons from the west and they know they won’t get them if they don’t follow the Geneva convention. 

Meanwhile Russia is bombing civilians, castrating people, wide spread torture, raping kids, mass kidnap and deportation of kids, executing prisoners of war, forced conscription, etc etc etc. 

The West will give them weapons regardless, especially fighting Russia. Come on. I'm not saying Ukraine are doing anything hideously wrong, my point is about amnesty suddenly being a load of shit for a fairly minor criticism in the wider context of the war. 

Secondly, don't doubt they are doing all that, are we sure that the Ukrainian guys aren't doing the same to the Russian soldiers? 

I saw something the other months when the war started where Ukrainian soldiers were beating the fuck out of fellow Ukrainians for being sympathetic to Russia. 

Every bad thing Russia does will be reported and rightly condemned, suggest it for the other side and you're a Russian apologist and work for the Kremlin. It's crazy. You need accurate reporting when a war is on.