In the News

Ramandu

16 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

We were training people to have the possibility to defend themselves, after they were ALREADY invaded and had the Crimea annexed? 

Also already well known and no one gives a fuck. Stop looking for some conspiracies. 

The West isn't perfect but if you don't think Putin and only Putin is to blame you are as mental as he, and an even bigger nonce

Craaaaazzzyyyy stuff. 

Crazy.

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Black culture innit. To be embraced.

Come on. 

The cultural/ social reasons these kids are stabbing eachother are vast and varied, nothing to do with the colour of their skin. Everything to do with the conditions in which they are brought up. 

When cunts were stabbing and battering the fuck out of eachother in the 80's at the fitba folks weren't going "bloody white culture." 

20 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Why are the vast majority of assailants and victims athletic then?

Because there is a culture of knife crime in LDN. Granted, it is largely perpetuated by black/POC folk but there's white people who do it, too. 

The culture is one of violence, it's not specific to black people, it's specific to poor people, like it was the Irish early last century, but not specific to a colour of skin. 

17 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Skin colour is a social construct.

Checkmate

Skin colour as a means of racism is in fact a social construct. 

As is all racism. For a good while in this country, the ire was directed at other white people, who were Catholic or had Irish heritage. 

That's now changed, Irish folk are no longer "othered" as such, and accepted as white. That's a relatively new thing in terms of the last 500 years or so, tho. 

21 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

If culture is significant ( as you rightly say) then skin colour is a factor.

It's a factor in the sense that you've to ask the question "why black people?" 

Now, someone racist would have you believe it's some inherent, built in savagery, with very little scientific or social science evidence to back that claim. 

Someone who understands that poverty, deprivation and poor living conditions generally result in higher crime rates amongst those demographics of poorer people, can notice that throughout history, those among the poorest in society are almost always the ones who end up committing crimes. 

That's not to say an individual shouldn't take full personal responsibility for stabbing f someone to death, they deserve to be punished, the problem more so lies in how the problem is dealt with, it's clearly not working. 

29 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

If culture is significant ( as you rightly say) then skin colour is a factor.

I think you misunderstood me, which is my bad. 

I mean it's important insofar as to consider why it's black people. 

It's not important in the sense that one might think it's inherently black people. 

If that makes sense?

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

It's also a fact that many black or Asian people, who have done fuck all wrong, are needlessly searched. That's state sanctioned racism. 

Hey, I don’t have a dog in this fight. Just playing Satan’s Solicitor. Surely, more searching = more discovered weaponry = fewer bad guys on the street. 

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

Hey, I don’t have a dog in this fight. Just playing Satan’s Solicitor. Surely, more searching = more discovered weaponry = fewer bad guys on the street. 

Also= greater resentment from particular communities when their 8 year old gets searched cause he's got a hoody on. 

It's the wrong way to deal with the problem, but it's the only way the police know how, racial profiling. 

Just now, Simply Red said:

People made a song about their conditions and what's around them? 

Jeezo. I'm utterly surprised. 

Here's globally revered white musician Iggy Pop making a song about a 16 year old. A fucking great one, too. 

What is it with while culture and statutory rape? 

17 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Because there is a culture of knife crime in LDN. Granted, it is largely perpetuated by black/POC folk but there's white people who do it, too. 

The culture is one of violence, it's not specific to black people, it's specific to poor people, like it was the Irish early last century, but not specific to a colour of skin. 

4 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

How would you deal with it?

I'm not a social scientist. 

More community based things and more funding to local councils to provide alternative things for these young folk to do, to try catch them before they end up following such a path. That would be my uneducated answer. 

The obvious answer also, is a reduction in relative poverty. How you want to approach that is up to you, there are are a litany of things that could be tried.