Aberdeen 1 - 2 Livingston

3 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

And now we're stuck with him. Sack him in the summer and Cormack looks an even bigger twat than he currently does.

Wilderness years similar to Calderwood's reign ahead.

Why would you sack a manager that is having to work with a shitshow of a squad he didn’t sign

We are very much in a relegation battle now, however i don't think we'll sink as low as 11th place come the last day of the season. Not that i have any confidence in our squad, it'll be results elsewhere that'll see us safe.

That said, given the precarious situation we find ourselves in, that picture could quite easily change if (and it's a big if), St Johnstone & St Mirren dig out some results.

Goodwin's not been with us long and he's not had a transfer window, but questions need asked of him as well as the vast majority of the players. We've seen no lift since he arrived. Not only did the new manager bounce not materialise, we're as bad as we were under Glass, arguably worse.

Under Glass it felt as though the players were 100% behind him, he just couldn't get a tune out of them. With Goodwin you get the sense the players aren't onboard.

Releasing Brown, Devlin & JET, pulling Considine's contract offer and telling other as yet unnamed players their time with Aberdeen will end this summer was never going to create a feel good factor within the squad or galvanise the players behind the manager or the club.

Do changes need to take place? Yes. Absolutely. But i see no upside to the wrecking ball approach he's taken. Decisions made could and should have been left till the seasons end.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Yeh for me, Goodwin out, was never the right man.

Deary me.

How about judging him on his own squad next season and beyond  instead of judging him on this shit show of a squad.  If its still shite after 18-24 months. Then by all means wet the bed and moan like fuck. New managers aren't always miracle workers. It's why he's having a clear out as it's blatantly obvious that this lot aren't up to it.

Honestly,  some of you are like fucking women with your reactions. I'm embarrassed for you all.

• Upvote 6
3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Deary me.

How about judging him on his own squad next season and beyond  instead of judging him on this shit show of a squad.  If its still shite after 18-24 months. Then by all means wet the bed and moan like fuck. New managers aren't always miracle workers. It's why he's having a clear out as it's blatantly obvious that this lot aren't up to it.

Honestly,  some of you are like fucking women with your reactions. I'm embarrassed for you all.

I’m not having this bollocks anymore! So when we replaced Glass you didn’t want us to replace him with someone that could get better results? If we get relegated will you still be saying the same? It may only be what 9 games but he’s won 1. Glass had a 34% win rate and that was bad enough! Open your eyes and atleast admit it’s been absolutely atrocious thus far under him! 

I’d honestly rather have a overweight Jet on the bench as I at least know their is a small chance of him creating a bit of magic for us. Some of these lads we have in squad are empty shirts but atleast they have plenty time to find a new club! ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Why would you sack a manager that is having to work with a shitshow of a squad he didn’t sign

Because I've seen nothing to suggest that he's got the ability to turn it around.

The players we have at our disposal should be enough to finish top 6. They're not great, but they are not complete mince either. It's a confidence and motivation issue, and he thought that telling half of them they weren't in his plans at the beginning of April was a good idea. Then he's surprised when he sees performances like the last few weeks.

Also, I wouldn't have given him the job in the first place but that's a separate conversation.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Waycross Don said:

Usually when a new manager comes in there is a bounce back factor.

Clear he has alienated the entire squad - not one player seemed to give a shit. 

And how on earth can you have a £4M defender on the bench?  Clear Goodlose does not like him!

Not factually true, plenty of teams have stuck with managers during poor runs and also had 'bounce back factors'

Second part is laughable, these players have been like this all season, would even argue that a few of them went this way under McInnes too when he/the team were struggling, they are shite bags.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Few overreactions. We are worryingly shite in both boxes but things go against us a lot. A bit of luck and we will get the 1 win needed. 

A lot of work to do however. 

When was the last time we had some luck? Before Xmas with Jenks winner in Perth? Luck goes out the window when you look at the decisions today. They weren't difficult decisions to get right. Extremely fucking easy decisions and we still come out on the wrong side. That's nothing to do with luck. It's sheer incompetence at best and at worst it's blatant cheating. 

• Upvote 2