The Goodwin effect!

3 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Best one was ojo getting attacked by a fan and getting sent off for it, special refereeing especially compared to the tavernier incident when he physically pushed a fan, result, he got a throw in.games up in Scotland, last win outside old firm(was back then) was 30 years ago and won’t be till another 30 years till the next league win out with the Glasgow 2. That’s years of fans shelling out for nothing.if say an average fan pays 800 a year on his club.season ticket 450, DNA 250, 100 quid on shop then over 30 years that’s 24,000. Not exactly value for money, a would be double that seeing it’s 100quid each time for me to travel up, what’s the point?,for any fan?, whole point of competition is the fact that you can win, we cannot in Scotland even if we wanted to given the refs position, society, powers that be, on all things Timmy and hunnery, point was proved by the Huns not even in the league and Celtic hiring the worst manager in their history, we still couldn’t win the league at the end, not even close.even then it took the best manager to have ever lived to do it and as soon as he left, back to obscurity, chances of getting another manager of his ilk is 0%. Pointless

That’s the spirit! ?

• Haha 1

He needs the benefit of the doubt as he's still new and needs 2-3 transfer windows to embed his team and style, however i find his takes on the games bizarre. Yesterday he said we had huge possession and many shots on target. It was 65% possession and 5 on target. That possession wasn't in high areas, and i can't recall much really troubling their keeper, yet he's acting like it was a great performance and we bombarded them.

To me, it was two bottom 6 sides with very little separating them (which is why the Ref suddenly becomes a huge factor). He needs to realise quickly, this may have been a good performance for St Mirren, but for a club that's had almost a decade in the top 4 including European adventures and cup semi's/finals, this won't wash.

We will just have to survive this season and see what comes of it when he gets his players in. I worry we will be like Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell - hard to beat, full of big lumps who are good one week and crap the next (Van Veen, Nouble etc). But time will tell.

16 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

He needs the benefit of the doubt as he's still new and needs 2-3 transfer windows to embed his team and style, however i find his takes on the games bizarre. Yesterday he said we had huge possession and many shots on target. It was 65% possession and 5 on target. That possession wasn't in high areas, and i can't recall much really troubling their keeper, yet he's acting like it was a great performance and we bombarded them.

To me, it was two bottom 6 sides with very little separating them (which is why the Ref suddenly becomes a huge factor). He needs to realise quickly, this may have been a good performance for St Mirren, but for a club that's had almost a decade in the top 4 including European adventures and cup semi's/finals, this won't wash.

We will just have to survive this season and see what comes of it when he gets his players in. I worry we will be like Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell - hard to beat, full of big lumps who are good one week and crap the next (Van Veen, Nouble etc). But time will tell.

Yeah for all the domination let me remind you over the ten years we have won the exact same number of cups as ST Mirren, the shitty league cup, bit foolish slagging him off and other prem clubs with our recent record they won it the year before us sure?,so not much difference then?,unless you see seeing 3rd or 4th as a win?.

and European adventures???, we didn’t qualify once for the group stage in that time, not fucking once.

even shitty calderwood had us playing Bayern and the likes

39 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yeah for all the domination let me remind you over the ten years we have won the exact same number of cups as ST Mirren, the shitty league cup, bit foolish slagging him off and other prem clubs with our recent record they won it the year before us sure?,so not much difference then?,unless you see seeing 3rd or 4th as a win?.

and European adventures???, we didn’t qualify once for the group stage in that time, not fucking once.

True, and yes our inability to get trophies during the huns absence and us having a strong squad (in Scottish terms) was a big failing along with not making the European group stage. However we did become an established top 4 side, to just blow all that in a year and then play in a fashion that is barely championship/league 1 standard is quite sad. I’ve watched Cove this season and even the Killie/Arbroath game on Friday had more quality than us, or at least the same. We are way off it and Goodwin doesn’t seem to have shown any bump and I worry he’s a guy used to battling at the mid/bottom end rather than making a team who challenges consistently for honours. 

11 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

McInnes left the squad in a terrible mess and Glass has somehow managed to accelerate the spiral and make things ten times worse!

Glass got rid of our two centre backs and right back, and signed 3 mongs in their place.

And Considine got injured. So really our whole defence, replaced by incompetent defenders.

If none of that had happened, I think Glass would still be our manager and at least 5th. 

2 hours ago, huncunts said:

Glass got rid of our two centre backs and right back, and signed 3 mongs in their place.

And Considine got injured. So really our whole defence, replaced by incompetent defenders.

If none of that had happened, I think Glass would still be our manager and at least 5th. 

Glass is genuinely our only manager to ever to come up with only half a gameplan. 

Ball retention. 

Aye... but then what? 

Calderwood was the opposite end of the spectrum. 

4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Any other teams fans in the country would bite your hand off for the amount of European games we have had in the last 9 years to be fair. Some big wins and days out along the way. Don’t play it down to suit your argument. 

sadly European football has changed drastically since calderwoods brilliant 07/08 European season. You can’t play Bayern Munich in February after winning 1 European match anymore. 

• Upvote 1

As this clusterf&%k plays out its looking like yet more terrible decision making from Cormack to go after Goodwin with such certainty mid season: the guys already there would likely have ensured safety by now, at the least.  For me, Goodwin's record at St Mirren in no way merited a step up, I think it was 7 wins all season prior to his switch. Seven wins! Is that the club we've become, that a guy with such a frankly mediocre record at a rival can be considered ready and has earned his move???!!!! He talks the talk, sounds tough and mean....we all think, well, that's what these pussies need! But what if he's just a charlatan and in time will be found out, wherever he is working? One win in 9 or 10 or whatever it is, is worse than pathetic, and to think that there are happy clappers in the support sooo sooooo desperate to give him a free pass is just embarrassing frankly. This is the tinpot club we are and have been for....not years....its now decades ffs. I said it at the time, JG was just the latest in a long list of flavour of the months, it'll be someone else soon...oh, there was pretty big coverage of Hartley at Cove yesterday on SS, so I gues it's him! Again! To think Cormack fell for that shite is equally embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Never really believed in the new manager bounce. It takes too long to build a new system. 

that said we have one of the best training facilities and since JG arrival 3 free weekends so 3 free weeks we should see a change by now. We have in the pre match warm up. That’s about it. We have a defender in the bench we can 3 centre backs of centre backs I know weird

a back 3 sitting full backs 2 dm let’s be hard to beat in the next 4 

Goodwin gets a good run now - two banana skins - relegation even a win in play off for relegation won’t be accepted. Nor will not being top of the group in league cup qualifying. Get through those he will be ok for next season - fail either the fans won’t be clapping him on the pitch pre and post match. It was damned close to boos this weekend. 

• Haha 1

Too early to be calling for the sack, but it's been just as bad as before. 

Even if these aren't your players you should be able to motivate them to win games against Livingston, County, Dundee.

His post match interviews are starting to irritate me now as well, in the same way McInnes' did. A lot of talk but very little actually said. 

Ive not seen a real shift in identity in terms of play, we maybe try get the ball in the box a bit quicker but rarely with any quality. 

All in all though, not even a likeable group of lads. Good guys like Lewis, Hayes in there and McCrorie is a trier, but overall I truly don't like most of them. Not just cause we're getting beat, I just don't like their attitudes. They aren't angry enough. 

22 hours ago, slippers said:

I am calm! I just can’t believe people think Goodwin isn’t to blame for our performances thus far. He’s done very little in his managerial career to give me optimism either, seems to be getting a free pass from a lot of our support because we have a poor squad that consists of players that would find themselves into squads of most other spl sides and even a lot of starting lineups! You would think our squad was full of championship and league 1 players. 

Yeah, I agree with you here, i agree our squad is not good at all and Glass has to take the blame for very poor signings, but all this talk of the squad is horrific and wait until goodwin gets his own players is a bit of a smokescreen. if someone is telling me Ross County have a better squad than Aberdeen they are deluded, what i did expect to see from Goodwin was better tactics a more solid shape and definitely more fight, in most of the games I have seen since hehas  come in, we have looked much poorer than when Glass was in charge. I wasnt inspired when we went for Goodwin and have a horrible feeling we will be in a similar position in a years time. I hope I am wrong.

2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

And what management team would that be the one that signed the underperforming twats this season or the management team that gave up the desire to win games last season.     

This seasons ones. Think you’ll find the other management team left plenty underperforming twats also

7 hours ago, jamiesd said:

I still think the old “management team” would of had us safe by now

So what? That wasn't the aim or ambition of the club. The expectation would have been European football. When it was clear we were falling way short of that a change had to be made. It was reasonable to believe that maybe a new guy could make a go at it. So it failed but change HAD to be made.

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Any other teams fans in the country would bite your hand off for the amount of European games we have had in the last 9 years to be fair. Some big wins and days out along the way. Don’t play it down to suit your argument. 

sadly European football has changed drastically since calderwoods brilliant 07/08 European season. You can’t play Bayern Munich in February after winning 1 European match anymore. 

Correct. 

Getting to the group stages of Europe under McInnes would of been a big achievement. 

Too many mongs making out that us not making the group stages was some kind of massive failure.

Strong enough teams in Q3 let alone getting to the play-off round. Fuck were we going to do then? Just waltz past the likes of Marseille, Fenerbahce or AC Milan? Get a grip.

• Upvote 5
9 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

Correct. 

Getting to the group stages of Europe under McInnes would of been a big achievement. 

Too many mongs making out that us not making the group stages was some kind of massive failure.

Strong enough teams in Q3 let alone getting to the play-off round. Fuck were we going to do then? Just waltz past the likes of Marseille, Fenerbahce or AC Milan? Get a grip.

Yup, the system was a joke.