The Goodwin effect!

10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Ramsay had his best game for weeks against Dundee, scored a worldie. 

Subsequently dropped as we lose the next two for a midfielder who can't play RB. 

Baffling stuff. Ramsay was always going to have a dip, definitely worth sticking with.

Great point.  We couldn't believe he was on the bench Saturday.  He came on and looked lively as well but it was to late.

2 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Great point.  We couldn't believe he was on the bench Saturday.  He came on and looked lively as well but it was to late.

I believe he came on RM as well. Fucking desperate stuff. 

Fair few things Goodwins done with the tinkering that make me worry we're in for a shite version of Derek McInnes. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Fair few things Goodwins done with the tinkering that make me worry we're in for a shite version of Derek McInnes. 

Give the man time to uncluster a cluster fuck.    Then if it doesn’t uncluster then start to worry.   Who started the cluster fuck   Cormack Mcinnes glass 3 cluster fucks.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Goodwin terrifies me, he has gone into the new role like a bull in a China shop with a net result of a 12% win rate….. no one can blame the squad for that Glass wasn’t the answer by any means but anyone who doesn’t think Goodwin is doing worse must be in a very different world from me.

His job this season was to bring stability and secure top six not run around binning players and unsettling the rest of the squad. Yes some of them need to move but the clubs treatment of Considine in particular was shoddy and that type of behaviour rarely motivates the rest of the squad….

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Stryjek gets a 2 game ban only.???   Should have been 6.  Should have been red carded and off.   The referee needs investigating why he didn’t give a penalty now Stryjek gets a 2 game ban, and wasn’t red carded and sent off, and why  Aberdeen were not awarded a penalty.     Is GB e67 going to blame Goodwin for that, the bull in a china shop, I’d rather have a bull , than an India Mcinnes tourist or a Cormack Glass  pussycat.  

23 minutes ago, Gbe67 said:

Goodwin terrifies me, he has gone into the new role like a bull in a China shop with a net result of a 12% win rate….. no one can blame the squad for that Glass wasn’t the answer by any means but anyone who doesn’t think Goodwin is doing worse must be in a very different world from me.

His job this season was to bring stability and secure top six not run around binning players and unsettling the rest of the squad. Yes some of them need to move but the clubs treatment of Considine in particular was shoddy and that type of behaviour rarely motivates the rest of the squad….

Hello joe 

Have to agree trading a manager with a 53% win rate for a rookie is a good idea….. we all know McInnes gave up at the end but he knew he was getting the boot at the end of the season. For me it was a terrible decision and Goodwin an even worse one. We had an opportunity to get someone in After McInnes with a decent ‘pedigree’….. not sure we could say that right now

in terms of that decision (which was shocking by the ref) we have had a bad one there but still leaves us out of the top six and I would still feel the same way about Goodwin’s performance since he came. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Gbe67 said:

Yeah its a real worry! As much as it was a ridiculous appointment and a terrible start we have to hope we can stay in division and get behind him and recruitment for next season. Cant wait for this season to end. 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Gbe67 said:

Have to agree trading a manager with a 53% win rate for a rookie is a good idea….. we all know McInnes gave up at the end but he knew he was getting the boot at the end of the season. For me it was a terrible decision and Goodwin an even worse one. We had an opportunity to get someone in After McInnes with a decent ‘pedigree’….. not sure we could say that right now

in terms of that decision (which was shocking by the ref) we have had a bad one there but still leaves us out of the top six and I would still feel the same way about Goodwin’s performance since he came. 

Are you and slippers married.   Mcinnes didn't give up at the end he gave up when he went into India searching for the tiger.   Glass looked like he gave up the first day he arrived looking like an inmate from auswich.   Goodwin is left with the relics Mcinnes and glass mustered,. What do you and Mrs slippers expect him to do with players who don't want to perform or play for the Dons the ones who have big clubs after them the ones who are still in their cradles sucking their dummy tits crying for Mcinnes and glass.     Aberdeen need clearing out and if it's premier league or championship next season as long as it's players who have the passion and desire and want to give 100 percent to Aberdeen . Gbe67 and his slippers get a fkn life.  Get off good wins back wait and see who he signs and what happens next season.  

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

I have a suspension that is where Ramsay will find himself next season if he's still an Aberdeen player. 

I suspect Goodwin will prefer a 3-5-2 with two athletic wingbacks. I could also be totally wrong. 

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Give the man time to uncluster a cluster fuck.    Then if it doesn’t uncluster then start to worry.   Who started the cluster fuck   Cormack Mcinnes glass 3 cluster fucks.  

Sometimes you agree to come into a “cluster fuck” and you steady the boat and sail it to calmer waters. Not sink the bloody boat 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So it’s everyone’s fault apart from goodwins that we have been terrible since he arrived. So far Iv read it’s cormacks, mcinnes’s, glass’s and also the players.

I also believe it’s Angus the bulls, the tea ladies who serve the players the half time tea, the guy on top of the stand with the falcon and the fans who don’t get behind Goodwin but it’s definitely not goodwins fault 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I have a suspension that is where Ramsay will find himself next season if he's still an Aberdeen player. 

I suspect Goodwin will prefer a 3-5-2 with two athletic wingbacks. I could also be totally wrong. 

Whats wrong with that now? that and 2 DM is what I think we need right now but means playing Considine in a key role after binning him 

You know if he played him considine will be our goal threat as well

1 hour ago, Bamber said:

Whats wrong with that now? that and 2 DM is what I think we need right now but means playing Considine in a key role after binning him 

You know if he played him considine will be our goal threat as well

I'm not the manager, maybe he doesn't feel he has the correct players/characters to implement that at this time. I genuinely don't know. Also it's just a guess/hunch of mine that we'll go to a back 3.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

So it’s everyone’s fault apart from goodwins that we have been terrible since he arrived. So far Iv read it’s cormacks, mcinnes’s, glass’s and also the players.

I also believe it’s Angus the bulls, the tea ladies who serve the players the half time tea, the guy on top of the stand with the falcon and the fans who don’t get behind Goodwin but it’s definitely not goodwins fault 

Listen bud if your wife doesn’t want to have sex with you there’s nothing you can do about it. She’s lost interest in you just like half the team the tea ladies even the falcon lost interest and the seagulls flew outside the stadium to shit.  They had a meeting and agreed even shitting on the teams head and Mcinnes and glass,there was no way they could get them to perform.   So how the f——k is Goodwin going to get half the plugs left in this team of wankers to perform.   They have all lost INTEREST.  

4 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Are you and slippers married.   Mcinnes didn't give up at the end he gave up when he went into India searching for the tiger.   Glass looked like he gave up the first day he arrived looking like an inmate from auswich.   Goodwin is left with the relics Mcinnes and glass mustered,. What do you and Mrs slippers expect him to do with players who don't want to perform or play for the Dons the ones who have big clubs after them the ones who are still in their cradles sucking their dummy tits crying for Mcinnes and glass.     Aberdeen need clearing out and if it's premier league or championship next season as long as it's players who have the passion and desire and want to give 100 percent to Aberdeen . Gbe67 and his slippers get a fkn life.  Get off good wins back wait and see who he signs and what happens next season.  

Excuse after excuse! open your eyes! Absolutely wild you don't shadow any of the blame on the current manager! A good appointment would of had us finish 4th this season. If the players aren't playing for him surely thats a massive red flag for his man management? Im more than happy to give him credit when its due and I haven't totally given up on him but he couldn't of got off to much worse of a start. Absolutely no chance the board, fans and even Goodwin himself came in and thought he would guide us to a relegation battle! 

• Upvote 1

He's had a disastrous start. There's no denying it. He's got to take his share of the responsibility for that as manager despite the obvious issues he's inherited. 

I suspect the problems were more deep rooted than he expected and he's decided to take a heavy handed approach to things to try and change the culture quickly. Time will tell if that was the right call or not.  I suspect most agree with the decisions he's made on player futures in principle if not the timing of them. 

He's not got many options to change things around. Does anyone look at our bench and see any players capable of changing games? 

I think he's got the midfield 3 balance wrong, I'd play Barron further up the pitch and McCrorie deeper.  I'd play Ramsay over Ojo, assuming there's no reason we don't know about that Ramsay isn't playing.  Other than that it's not like he's got much to play with really. 

Needs to somehow get over the line and reset for next season as quickly as possible. 

Should we get relegated will the board give Goodwin a season in the championship to prove himself or does relegation mean a new manager,

I personally cant see Cormack admitting he has made another shockingly bad choice and he will stick with Jim and allow him to build a squad, although fuck knows what player of any calibre is going to want to join us down in the Championship  , Grim times girls the outlook is bleak 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, slippers said:

Excuse after excuse! open your eyes! Absolutely wild you don't shadow any of the blame on the current manager! A good appointment would of had us finish 4th this season. If the players aren't playing for him surely thats a massive red flag for his man management? Im more than happy to give him credit when its due and I haven't totally given up on him but he couldn't of got off to much worse of a start. Absolutely no chance the board, fans and even Goodwin himself came in and thought he would guide us to a relegation battle

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Excuse after excuse! open your eyes! Absolutely wild you don't shadow any of the blame on the current manager! A good appointment would of had us finish 4th this season. If the players aren't playing for him surely thats a massive red flag for his man management? Im more than happy to give him credit when its due and I haven't totally given up on him but he couldn't of got off to much worse of a start. Absolutely no chance the board, fans and even Goodwin himself came in and thought he would guide us to a relegation battle! 

Don’t speak a load of crap. This team was not performing under Mcinnes and glass.  The reason being there are a bunch of them that really don’t give a shit and there only for picking up a pay cheque.  Clear the shit out , and see what Goodwin comes up with in the new season. If it’s a disaster after 5 games then call for his head but until then put a fricking zip in it. 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

We don't need 10 new players either. The narrative that all our players are shite is nonsense. 

We need a minimum 6 first team players, by my estimate, more if we lose anyone from Ramirez, Ferguson, Ramsey etc.  

That's more than half your team on the park, and I'd hope our legendary scouting network has sourced replacements who can hit the ground running. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We don’t know that there are.

I’d find it odd that nothing has been reported if we have. 

Partick Thistle have only just announced a pre-contract for the Cove left back.  Someone on here claimed couple of months back that was a done deal.  Guessing Cove wanted that kept quiet until they had promotion in the bag and Thistle agreed.

So yeah Goodwin should have improved what he inherited in the time he has had but its way to early to shit the bed, We have to give him at least 6 games into the new season with his own squad then judgement should be forthcoming and ruthless, If he hasn't improved drastically then bin him for a proven top level manager or Barry Robson 

8 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

So yeah Goodwin should have improved what he inherited in the time he has had but its way to early to shit the bed, We have to give him at least 6 games into the new season with his own squad then judgement should be forthcoming and ruthless, If he hasn't improved drastically then bin him for a proven top level manager or Barry Robson 

Definitely should get his chance next season. But doesn’t deserve a free pass for 15 odd games is my only point.