The Goodwin effect!

21 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We are... Cormack has a lot to answer for. We would have been a much more desirable prospect for a decent manager prior to the appointment of Glass. Now we're scraping around for the dregs of the managerial merry-go-round. Sadly Goodwin is not and never has been the man to take us forward.

Small glimmer of hope is that Mowbury is able to work his magic and give Goodwin a good squad to work with. If the recruitment is poor we are fucked next season!

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Michael Grant also did a Podcast with Graham Spiers yesterday, more or less regurgitated what he said in his Times piece but you get the impression he's not a fan of Cormack.

One thing he did enforce though was this McInnes rubbish, and the "be careful what you wish for" nonsense that the SMSM peddle. He made it clear to Spiers that, as we all know,  McInnes himself wanted out at the end of last season.

He must post on here.
Pretty sure Iv read those same words on here ?

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Michael Grant also did a Podcast with Graham Spiers yesterday, more or less regurgitated what he said in his Times piece but you get the impression he's not a fan of Cormack.

One thing he did enforce though was this McInnes rubbish, and the "be careful what you wish for" nonsense that the SMSM peddle. He made it clear to Spiers that, as we all know,  McInnes himself wanted out at the end of last season.

Is anyone? 

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Gallagher, Bates, Kennedy, McLennan & Lewis hopefully 

Yes please - add Woods, Campbell and Ruth to that too. Plus Ramsay, Ferguson and Ramirez likely all leaving, plus Ojo, McGeouch, Considine, Devlin, JET not getting new contracts, Brown already away and sending Montgommery and Jenks back from loan - going to be needing an awful lot of new players in the summer. That would be 19 of this seasons squad needing replaced. Basically just MacKenzie, Barron, McCrorie, Hayes, Besoujin, Polvara (who may be hopeless) and Watkins (who I wouldn't be too disappointed about letting go) left. 

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yes please - add Woods, Campbell and Ruth to that too. Plus Ramsay, Ferguson and Ramirez likely all leaving, plus Ojo, McGeouch, Considine, Devlin, JET not getting new contracts, Brown already away and sending Montgommery and Jenks back from loan - going to be needing an awful lot of new players in the summer. That would be 19 of this seasons squad needing replaced. Basically just MacKenzie, Barron, McCrorie, Hayes, Besoujin, Polvara (who may be hopeless) and Watkins (who I wouldn't be too disappointed about letting go) left. 

Mental amount of utter shite players we have amassed. 
Goodwin has a whore of a job to do in summer. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Mental amount of utter shite players we have amassed. 
Goodwin has a whore of a job to do in summer. 

Combination of just not good enough, not the right mentality or attitude, and horrendously injury prone. Almost every player in the current squad with the exception of a handful, fit into at least one of those three categories.

Thought Ferguson leaving would be devastating to our midfield, but the way Barron is progressing it might not be a problem. 

If we get decent money for him and Ramsey we can maybe switch out those two buffoons in central defence, bring in a couple of decent forwards, and an older head to bring Barron on in midfield. 

I wonder if we can squeeze another year out of Lewis if he has better/competent players in front of him, because while he's made mistakes he's been hung out to dry by the guys in front of him on numerous occasions this season. 

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Gallagher and Bates are fine as squad players , I want us to sign two better CH's . Kennedy and McLennan can fuck off 

The papers are correct we are definitely after 6 players. Only thing I stupidly didn’t ask was if that included Ramsay and/or Ferguson leaving. Which I can only assume it doesn’t ? 6 first team players may not be far off when we hope to add Duncan, Ngwenya and Bavidge to the first team ranks next season. Hopefully we go with the quantity over quality thing we said we would do last year. We can’t do everything in 1 window and it may be pretty smart if we get the players we want. Regardless of what people think I still believe we have a small core of decent players that can do better in a better team and shape! 

• Upvote 1
Just now, redstrummer said:

Gallagher and Bates are fine as squad players , I want us to sign two better CH's . Kennedy and McLennan can fuck off 

Not when they are likely up there among our top earner’s they aren’t. Sooner BOTH are gone the better. Along with ALL the other Glass signings other than Viciente (possibly Polvara) 

Glass has left a whore of a stink at this club.

Probably worse than what Leighton left behind at his old house @ericblack4boss ?

25 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Thought Ferguson leaving would be devastating to our midfield, but the way Barron is progressing it might not be a problem. 

If we get decent money for him and Ramsey we can maybe switch out those two buffoons in central defence, bring in a couple of decent forwards, and an older head to bring Barron on in midfield. 

I wonder if we can squeeze another year out of Lewis if he has better/competent players in front of him, because while he's made mistakes he's been hung out to dry by the guys in front of him on numerous occasions this season. 

Barron had another good game today , enjoy watching him 

Just now, redstrummer said:

Barron had another good game today , enjoy watching him 

Good that we have a decent dead ball taker to take over from Ramsay but I would still like to see Ramsay getting the chance to take some more again. Hard to argue with his assist stats from dead balls regardless of how good Barron is at them. Obviously makes more sense to have the smaller midfielder taking them though, especially corners from left

23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Given Kelty and Peterhead’s seasons are over, as is ours effectively, can we play Nygenya and Duncan over the remaining 3 games?

We aren’t 100% safe from St’s catching us yet. I could easily see this side losing last 3 games. Doubt St’s are capable of winning all 3 tbf but you never know. If we lose next week & they get their tails up v us. It still ‘could’ happen that we go into last game v St Mirren with all three sides potentially needing a win (draw for us given gd) to avoid 11th place. Hibs (with nothing to play for) could easily gift St Johnstone a win to fk us over if it gets to those circumstances. 

I will be happy with any kind of point next game v Hibs so that the St Johnstone game becomes meaningless to us other than Goodwin trying to do his old club a favour 

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It could get the stage where we play St Mirren and a playing out a draw would suit us both. 

Not so sure as St Mirren’s gd is pretty shite so if St Johnstone have clawed them back on points their Gd will likely be better than theirs by then. Only 4 goals between them & by that game it could be cut to 0 at best so a draw for Helen wouldn’t be enough as a st Johnstone win would put them ahead on gd

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not so sure as St Mirren’s gd is pretty shite so if St Johnstone have clawed them back on points their Gd will likely be better than theirs by then. Only 4 goals between them & by that game it could be cut to 0 at best so a draw for Helen wouldn’t be enough as a st Johnstone win would put them ahead on gd

Helen will be well pissed off. 

2 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

If he continues with this playing from the back stuff, can we do it a lot quicker.

By the time Lewis gets rid of the ball, the opposition are all back up the field.

Seems pointless to me

This I think will be one of the main reasons Goodwin will want rid, he stops counterattacks stone dead with his dithering about and he’s a shit shot stopper, yesterday excluded

On 4/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, CCB III said:

It is really annoying. 

People try to revise history because they think it somehow means they were wrong for eventually demanding he got sacked. 

I'm fed up of hearing about the man. He's a very competent manager, but despite the 'amazing' job he did with us, his next job was Kilmarnock. He's done a good job there meeting expectation and fair play to them.

You also get weirdo Killie fans sticking the boot in about it like we give a fuck. Derek McInnes was an excellent manager for Aberdeen, saw us win the first trophy in my lifetime under him, and some great individual matches and memories. His time, IMO, will largely be remembered as a 'what if' time in the clubs period. A time we were consistently bridesmaids. 

By eejits, maybe

It was a time where on average, we did what we should have done

Occasionally punching above, occasionally punching below

It takes a good manager to do what you should be doing