Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

The Goodwin effect!

Jim nae prepared to take any shite from officials (or opposition managers) 

I prefer being on that side of the pitch because I like to be nearer the officials than what the opposition are. I feel the dugout on that side, being the away dugout, they have too much influence and in the ear of the referees all the time. Whereas I will look after them from now on

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Jim nae prepared to take any shite from officials (or opposition managers) 

I prefer being on that side of the pitch because I like to be nearer the officials than what the opposition are. I feel the dugout on that side, being the away dugout, they have too much influence and in the ear of the referees all the time. Whereas I will look after them from now on

I liked Jm Goodwin today,3-0 up second half he was standing at his new dugout spot urging the team on and wanting more.I like as wel at the end ,leading the team round to the Red Shed and South Stand to applaud the fans and show the fans that they are valued and appreciated.

Can only admire Goodwin,

everytime he gives an interview I find myself agreeing with what he wants, the clear out was needed, the path for young players, and for money of the most important things is lots of options in each position  in the pitch.

Now if one of our best players gets injured well there's a few names we can pick that can replace, especially in the forward area. Last season if we were 1 -0 down, it was like who the fuck can we put on, mclennan, Watkins maybe... nae options

Well done Goodwin a breath of fresh air this club needs

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Peedie1 said:

Can only admire Goodwin,

everytime he gives an interview I find myself agreeing with what he wants, the clear out was needed, the path for young players, and for money of the most important things is lots of options in each position  in the pitch.

Now if one of our best players gets injured well there's a few names we can pick that can replace, especially in the forward area. Last season if we were 1 -0 down, it was like who the fuck can we put on, mclennan, Watkins maybe... nae options

Well done Goodwin a breath of fresh air this club needs

Being overly generous regarding ‘a few names can replace’ as far as the defence goes. I think the abundance in other areas in this respect is blinding you to the real lack of quality in depth in defence.

Unless we are supposed to believe McCrorie is Jack of all trades. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

I’m starting to like Goodwin but do still take whatever he says in interviews with a pinch of salt. Mind when he said at start of summer about 6 signings, we’re now on 9 and counting, dunno what all that was about but not complaining 

When will people realise that what managers say in public is not what's happening behind the scenes

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
11 hours ago, Millertime said:

When will people realise that what managers say in public is not what's happening behind the scenes

What do you think  is the true situation with Joe Lewis just now then Millertime.Jim Goodwin has opined several times that 'Joe is a lovely lad.He has been the consumate professional '.Similarly the speculation surrounding Christian Ramirez is also fascinating,Jim Goodwin often speaks very positively about 'the big man' then leaves him out the team on Sunday v Raith Rovers.

11 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

I’m starting to like Goodwin but do still take whatever he says in interviews with a pinch of salt. Mind when he said at start of summer about 6 signings, we’re now on 9 and counting, dunno what all that was about but not complaining 

Things change.  We've sold Ramsay and Ferguson now, so he probably has a bigger kitty to play with, like a Maine Coon, or a Norwegian Forest Cat.

That's right, I do cat jokes now.

4 minutes ago, Mr John said:

Things change.  We've sold Ramsay and Ferguson now, so he probably has a bigger kitty to play with, like a Maine Coon, or a Norwegian Forest Cat.

Racist - there are white people in Main, as well as people of other ethnic origin

Goodwin is the man in charge, I said from day one that I like the cut if his jib. I suspect that he got a shock at the state of the squad he inherited and has ruthlessly and effectively dismantled and rebuilt it over the summer.

Ultimately it's a results based business so he'll get judged on that like all managers. I personally think Goodwin and Aberdeen are a good fit together. 

Looking forward to the season ahead. 

COYR

4 hours ago, graham said:

What do you think  is the true situation with Joe Lewis just now then Millertime.Jim Goodwin has opined several times that 'Joe is a lovely lad.He has been the consumate professional '.Similarly the speculation surrounding Christian Ramirez is also fascinating,Jim Goodwin often speaks very positively about 'the big man' then leaves him out the team on Sunday v Raith Rovers.

Simply that he was awful last season and had zero competition as woods was not a professional keeper

I still think lewis might make it back in

17 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

I hope he does well for us but I canna stand hearing him speak!! Does my tits..

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Simply that he was awful last season and had zero competition as woods was not a professional keeper

I still think lewis might make it back in

Yes,he was very inconsistent last season and did seem to have a free pass to a first team place .Even Stephen Glass recognised that and dropped him from a few games.The Joe Lewis of old would be welcomed back warmly.

13 minutes ago, graham said:

Yes,he was very inconsistent last season and did seem to have a free pass to a first team place .Even Stephen Glass recognised that and dropped him from a few games.The Joe Lewis of old would be welcomed back warmly.

Yep, thing is he was playing behind and absolutely shocking defence

I would like to see him given a last chance with this new defence and team in general 

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep, thing is he was playing behind and absolutely shocking defence

I would like to see him given a last chance with this new defence and team in general 

I agree. Was always very confident in Lewis at coming for crosses/high balls in particular until Glass arrived & somehow turned him into a Clangers level whimp at coming for them.

Haven’t seen anything yet from the new guy to suggest he is any kind of improvement in this particular area of commanding his area. 

He has looked more than a little worrying at crosses even with the little he has had to deal with. 

31 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I agree. Was always very confident in Lewis at coming for crosses/high balls in particular until Glass arrived & somehow turned him into a Clangers level whimp at coming for them.

Haven’t seen anything yet from the new guy to suggest he is any kind of improvement in this particular area of commanding his area. 

He has looked more than a little worrying at crosses even with the little he has had to deal with. 

Quite sad to see Joe Lewis in his present dilemma.For years an outstanding goalkeeper and good ambassador for the club.Has taken things very well,but to go from captain and first choice goalkeeper to out the team must have been very hard .Kelle Roos excellent shotstopper and concentration to make fine one save a game v Peterhead and Dumbarton, but 'dodgy keeper' for crosses .Joe Lewis back in a few weeks. 

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, graham said:

Quite sad to see Joe Lewis in his present dilemma.For years an outstanding goalkeeper and good ambassador for the club.Has taken things very well,but to go from captain and first choice goalkeeper to out the team must have been very hard .Kelle Roos excellent shotstopper and concentration to make fine one save a game v Peterhead and Dumbarton, but 'dodgy keeper' for crosses .Joe Lewis back in a few weeks. 

Might take longer than a few weeks Graham but I think we will see Joe back between the sticks at some point and it'll be up to him to stay there.

Looking very like JG is going to have signed a player for ever single first 11 position in the team by the time the window closes.

This shows just how much was thought of the squad Glass assembled (not exactly on cheap either) 

Wonder if any other managers have had to make such dramatic overhauls of teams in their first window? Certainly not in our league has there been such dramatic changes to a side in one window. 

Obviously early days & time will tell but it seems he has done a remarkable job so far given the task at hand

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Looking very like JG is going to have signed a player for ever single first 11 position in the team by the time the window closes.

This shows just how much was thought of the squad Glass assembled (not exactly on cheap either) 

Wonder if any other managers have had to make such dramatic overhauls of teams in their first window? Certainly not in our league has there been such dramatic changes to a side in one window. 

Obviously early days & time will tell but it seems he has done a remarkable job so far given the task at hand

The bit that surprised me the most this off season is the efficiency with which we seem to be dispatching the duds.

For years we've been used to the club stuck with poorly performing players- now Goodwin seems to get them out of the door with ease.

• Upvote 1