The Goodwin effect!

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Bit early to be chasing Goodwin. 

Even Glass got to October with his 'team' before the knives started coming out. 

We need to see a bit more consistency & progress before this annoying break in November.

That’s 16 league games in so halfway to the split.

I’d think we need to be comfortable in the top 6 by then or there will be fans grumbling. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We need to see a bit more consistency & progress before this annoying break in November.

That’s 16 league games in so halfway to the split.

I’d think we need to be comfortable in the top 6 by then or there will be fans grumbling. 

Reasoned sensible post 

I’m not surprised that some are gunning for him already ,even the recruitment are getting it after the apparent euphoria about signings over the last few weeks,

chill guys only 3 games in 

2 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Reasoned sensible post 

I’m not surprised that some are gunning for him already ,even the recruitment are getting it after the apparent euphoria about signings over the last few weeks,

chill guys only 3 games in 

Well, not really. 

We're winning 1 league game in 5 under Goodwin since February. That's serious relegation form. Pertinently, out of these 15 games we've had 2 clean sheets. 

So far, everything about this Aberdeen side under Goodwin points to us finishing 10th or worse this season. 

On paper, he's made some decent signings. But FFS, we have to start winning games against teams that actually have 11 players on the field. 

4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Can only judge him on his team.Anthony Stewart should be told to give the ball to his other centre half or just clear his lines. 

That cunt Gallagher has a lot to answer for  yesterday as I reckon we’re going to be decent and well balanced when Coulson returns. Might take a wee while yet though. 

Yeah I agree that was just him giving it large in front of the mainer, once I'd watched it back a few times, any slight sympathy i might have had evaporated. Hope he gets it tight next match.

34 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Kennedy is a shirker, avoids taking people on and as usual when playing shite will give up and go off injured. No use to us.

Kennedy’s improved from his original position of being total shite but he’s still nowhere near the level of what is required.

One thing that concerned me about Morris on Saturday was he totally bottled a challenge from a Motherwell defender. He gave up the chase on a ball on the account he might have got wiped out, despite possibly winning a penalty in the prawcess.

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Kennedy’s improved from his original position of being total shite but he’s still nowhere near the level of what is required.

One thing that concerned me about Morris on Saturday was he totally bottled a challenge from a Motherwell defender. He gave up the chase on a ball on the account he might have got wiped out, despite possibly winning a penalty in the prawcess.

Thought Kennedy was totally shite Saturday so he’s back to normal. 

i hope I’m wrong but got a bad feeling about Goodwin and the team we’ve recruited. You can lose games but we couldn’t have argued if we lost 6/2

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Repeating the mistakes of Stephen Glass is verging on unforgivable. 

The reason Jim got the job in the first place was because the manager before him did stupid shit like playing Bates in defence.  

Dodgy looking goalkeeper. A right back who can’t defend and two centre half’s unable to pass the ball forward whilst making bombscare errors. We’ve even A new striker scoring every week. The only change has been instead of filling the team with centre mids is we’ve recruited a load of “fast” attackers for a league where teams defend from their 18 yard line whilst we dominate possession passing from side to side. 

shite. Same as last season 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
7 hours ago, RUL said:

Thought Kennedy was totally shite Saturday so he’s back to normal. 

i hope I’m wrong but got a bad feeling about Goodwin and the team we’ve recruited. You can lose games but we couldn’t have argued if we lost 6/2

He hasn't  won a game against opposition of any degree of quality. 

Lower league teams,  a 10 man St Mirren,  an already relegated Dundee (courtesy of a penalty) and a shite Hibs team who were competing with us last season to see who could be the shittest. 

He thinks Kennedy is good. 

He thinks McCrorie can play in defence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Or you can say he is 4-0 in league cup and 1 and 2 in league marches in 2022.  Losing one as expected ie celtics away winning one vs st mirren where favoured and losing to motherwell where they lead 2-1 just after half.  So basically they have lost one game that they were favoured to win this year.  

7 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Lower league teams,  a 10 man St Mirren,  an already relegated Dundee (courtesy of a penalty) and a shite Hibs team who were competing with us last season to see who could be the shittest. 

Such depressing reading. I wish I could fast forward to Sat 4:45 PM UK right now just to get the next bout of inevitable pain over with.

13 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

A ten man Hibs team,  remember

Think we were 1-0 down till that Tosspot Porteous got his matching orders.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

8 games, let's see where we are then I'll be heavy on the criticism. 

I think our next 3 are st Johnstone, livi and Ross county? That’ll be enough to tell where we are headed. 

the worrying thing is Goodwin saying he didn’t see it coming and also with the early injury he had a chance to change the set up, which clearly wasn’t working , but didn’t. 

13 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think our next 3 are st Johnstone, livi and Ross county? That’ll be enough to tell where we are headed.

Worrying thing is in the last couple of years whenever we've had a run of games that we 'should' be picking up decent points from, we've failed miserably.

In McInnes last season in January / February we had a run of Ross County, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Livingston twice and picked up 1 win and 2 draws.

Last year early in the season we had Ross County, St Johnstone, Motherwell and St Mirren and picked up 1 point. After the winter break we had St Mirren, Ross County and Livingston and again picked up 1 point.

After the Celtic game this season we had a run of games which on paper looked like it could set us up quite well for the season. We've already fucked up against Motherwell, we need at least 7 points from the next 3 before we go into games against Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Kilmarnock. We need some sort of momentum, confidence and adhesion going into those games otherwise we could be in a really bad place after the first round of games.

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

Nah... there's nothing to be gloomy about after the excellent performance on Saturday.

Aye we were all a bit shell-shocked by the manner of the performance on Saturday but it's the first game we've lost this season that we weren't expected to. 

Yeah it was a keystone cops performance but until we see how they react then we don't know if it's a portent of things to come or just an extremely bad day at the office. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye we were all a bit shell-shocked by the manner of the performance on Saturday but it's the first game we've lost this season that we weren't expected to. 

Yeah it was a keystone cops performance but until we see how they react then we don't know if it's a portent of things to come or just an extremely bad day at the office. 

Yeah i do agree, its just a little worrying how badly we capitulated. But hopefully an improvement in the next couple of games and a couple of decent signings before the deadline and it'll all look a bit brighter.