The Goodwin effect!

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

For the most part I agree, though my timeline is Summer 2023, but yes, unless we are catastrophic then he should get the January transfer window at least. 

Incidentally, I notice a lot of people making a big deal about the money he's spent... The figure I saw quoted in the media was £1.3m. While substantially more than most SPL rivals, it is a fraction of what we took in from the sale of crucial players. Whether people "trust Goodwin with that money" or not, it is not the huge bucks that would justify an instant turnaround, especially when several of these players are League One / Two standard. 

We need to show a little patience, hard though it is..

Utter insanity to think we should wait until the summer or even worse December 2023, to make a decision. It is not difficult in a terrible league to fix a team when you have the 3rd or 4th biggest budget

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We will know long before Summer 2023 whether he is the man for the job.

This is now his team, his signings and he has in Scottish football terms (outwith the Glasgow 2) spent a shitload of money on them. We were already apparently at £1.3 million before we signed Morris from Fleetwood for what they descrived as a significant fee. If we bring in another 1 or 2 before the deadline we won't be far away from £2 million spent. If he can't morivate them and turn them into a cohesive group of players with the capability of beating teams like Motherwell then he wont and shouldn't be here long.

The only reason so many gave him the benefit of the doubt in his 12 games last season was because it wasn't his players and he wasn't able to bring in anyone new. Thats not the case now so there's no excuses.

1.3 million.    2 million.  Is nothing today.   Peanuts.  

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, RUL said:

Utter insanity to think we should wait until the summer or even worse December 2023, to make a decision. It is not difficult in a terrible league to fix a team when you have the 3rd or 4th biggest budget

Utter insanity to think we should see immediate returns from taking on so many first team players in one fell swoop. Utter insanity to think the solution to that is doing it all again a few months later.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Utter insanity to think we should see immediate returns from taking on so many first team players in one fell swoop. Utter insanity to think the solution to that is doing it all again a few months later.

How did it work for hearts ?

31 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Doesn't have to be immediate returns, nobody is saying we have to finish 3rd and win both cups or the season is a failure. Howerver losing to Motherwell in the manner we did isn't acceptable, doesn't matter that its a lot of new players... they should be good enough to at least not capitulate to Motherwell in the way they did. Improve on that game in the next few weeks and prove that was just a blip and there's no issues, many more performances like that and it'll be clear somethings not quite right... whether thats the managers abiility or the quality of the new players.

3 hours ago, thurso said:

If we finish any lower than 4th it should be viewed as a poor season. I’d probably only accept 4th if we finish within a few points of 3rd pushing them close, but if we finished 4th miles behind 3rd, like 4th was last season it might be classed as a disappointment. 

Looking the wrong way.  It’s unrealistic that no other diddy is going to have a good season (Killie  before, hertz now) so yes no shame in fourth. But we should be comfortably clear of the dross certainly 7th and ideally 5th and 6th too.

Or else we too are dross.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Doesn't have to be immediate returns, nobody is saying we have to finish 3rd and win both cups or the season is a failure. Howerver losing to Motherwell in the manner we did isn't acceptable, doesn't matter that its a lot of new players... they should be good enough to at least not capitulate to Motherwell in the way they did. Improve on that game in the next few weeks and prove that was just a blip and there's no issues, many more performances like that and it'll be clear somethings not quite right... whether thats the managers abiility or the quality of the new players.

FFS, get a grip.
You really are a boring cunt.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

FFS, get a grip.
You really are a boring cunt.

So you don’t think we should have enough about us not to lose at home to Motherwell? You don’t think it’s right to question the players or manager IF we continue to be as shite as last Saturday?

I think we’ll bounce back in the next few games and things will look a lot brighter, but I’m not sticking my head in the sand to the potential issues unlike some. Keep on happy clapping though.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So you don’t think we should have enough about us not to lose at home to Motherwell? You don’t think it’s right to question the players or manager IF we continue to be as shite as last Saturday?

I think we’ll bounce back in the next few games and things will look a lot brighter, but I’m not sticking my head in the sand to the potential issues unlike some. Keep on happy clapping though.

Yawn

46 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We get it.

You don’t like Jim Goodwin.

Do you need to mention it every day?

Can we not give the team & him the time to knit together? 
If come the break in November we’re still bottom half, then we can ask questions about him & the team.

I have doubts but will wait & see how the team settle in the next few months 

• Upvote 4
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We get it.

If come the break in November we’re still bottom half, then we can ask questions about him & the team.

It’s not just every day it’s numerous   repetitve  posts every day . Why say something once when you can say it fifteen fucking times 

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We get it.

I’ve no doubts He should be given until November, I’m not advocating sacking him. I also am genuinely hopeful there’ll be no issues at all come November and things will soon pick up for us.

I don’t however think anyone can’t have worries about his first 15 games in charge, the Motherwell performance in particular,the fitness levels of our players and the scattergun approach to signings.

Its a discussion forum and this is currently a huge topic of discussion. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I remember the days when we lost a game and you went fuck it that was shit,  let's see what happens next week. 

Now we seem to analyse every game to death. 

It’s those twa fuckers Carragher and Neville’s fault endless fucking analysis days after a game. Feeding into what’s acceptable.

in the past I would just get pished and try and forget all about it if we lost a match.

Still do to tell you the truth. Good excuse to drink heavily last season .

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I remember the days when we lost a game and you went fuck it that was shit,  let's see what happens next week. 

Now we seem to analyse every game to death. 

It’s probably cos the manager has yet to show the AFC punters he has what it really takes. 
If he’d ended last season even semi decently, you could easily write off shitshows like last Saturday. But he didn’t, so the nagging doubts will remain, for me anyway 

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s probably cos the manager has yet to show the AFC punters he has what it really takes. 
If he’d ended last season even semi decently, you could easily write off shitshows like last Saturday. But he didn’t, so the nagging doubts will remain, for me anyway 

Aye. 

Well I think we only won 2 away league games the whole of last season and none in 2022 so I'm expecting another tough day tbh. 

Considine and Montgomery on their left side apparently.  What could go wrong? 

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

3 league games . One against the Tim’s at Parkheid . Trifle premature.Granted  Motherwell was a shit show. Mitigation. Left back fucked by Gallagher. Stewart loses his defensive partner to be replaced by a bomb-scare at left central defence on the day Mccrorie.

The man bought to create from midfield the Geordie Messi crocked.

The young loon from Liverpool who has played fuck all football had a poor game and cramps up.

Still want to build the team around him ? 

So a shit show must do better and I hope we will. If we don’t there will be ramifications but thanks for your insight.

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Agree with this totally.
At least you are not spamming the board evey ten minutes to make this valid point.

What annoys me is Motherwell actually showed one of the absolute basics of football works. They pressed us high up the park and we couldn't cope. For some reason at home we didn't do the same (despite Goodwin wanting fit players so they would press).

Hardly any teams press us and even fewer at Pittodrie and for that reason I don't think we'll get many as bad performances as that. We still look decent going forward and given more time on the ball you'd expect the horrendous slackness of passing to reduce.

I'm hoping this is just the start of a work in progress and that we'll get better. Hopefully in time we can coach some of the poor passing out of Stewart and Rama, or maybe they just need a bit of time to get used to the pace of our game and given another window or 2 get improvements in on the likes of Richardson and Roos who haven't shown much for me at all.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I’ve no doubts He should be given until November, I’m not advocating sacking him. I also am genuinely hopeful there’ll be no issues at all come November and things will soon pick up for us.

I don’t however think anyone can’t have worries about his first 15 games in charge, the Motherwell performance in particular,the fitness levels of our players and the scattergun approach to signings.

Its a discussion forum and this is currently a huge topic of discussion. 

Which games, other than Motherwell, have been outwith the expected norms this season so far... results and performance wise?

Look, we had a bad day against Motherwell.... individual errors all over the shop. These things happen from time to time. Defending in particular was poor, but also, I think the decision to play RM in defence and LC in midfield agsinst a strong and physical Motherwell, backfired. Is it enough to start pishing our pants? No, absolutely feckin not.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Given all that was going on behind the scenes after Glass's departure with players spitting the dummy, being told they were being released etc, I'm not surprised in the slightest the season panned out the way it did. If he had kept them all onside, told them there was contract extensions in the making etc, then sure, we may have claimed a few more points. But the rot had set in way before Goodwin took charge. Was he blameless... I suspect not, but then, he's a relatively young manager and I'm sure he learned from his few months.

This season... jesus! We've changed out an entire team and most have hardly had a consistent run of games to gain anywhere close to an understanding of how we should be joining the dots. But there's the foundations there of a decent team as long as we stop the sloppy mistakes. That's just concentration and organisation in defence. We need a bit of steel in midfield.... that's for sure. But there's a dynamic look about us, which I like. A bit like Glass when he first arrived, but hopefully far less goals conceded and we don't fizzle out as quick.

Give it time. Keep the faith. Stop pishin yer punts.