The Goodwin effect!

I've changed my mind on Goodwin. You can just tell from his interview that he is fucking raging with those cunts in the dressing room. A great opportunity, a clean slate, the dressing room is getting emptied of the dross and the loser mentality, hopefully filled with cunts who actually give a fuck. There is no pride in there, no determination, the first thing we need to do is get a captain, preferably centre half then build from there. 

How many players will we have left on the books at the end of this season?

How many of those can be considered first team players/squad

How may new signings do we need, of a standard to walk straight into the first team?

And will Goodwin be able to get them to play as a team?

A better manager definitely could have done a better job since February or whenever it was.

Coming into the end of the season there's every chance we could have been talking about...

Joe Lewis being back to his best

McKenzie being sold to a club in England (this was the chat at the start of the season)

Ramsay being out of this world

Bates & Gallagher recovering from a slow start and looking every bit like the players who have played for Scotland (more than Reynolds managed...which is a disgrace!)

Ferguson & McCrorie thriving now that Brown is gone.

Barron being a great discovery who should have been playing earlier (only thing we are saying)

Any of Hayes/Vicente/Watkins/Ramirez being a superb frontline

A better manager could have achieved this. 

LIKE DEREK ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

A better manager definitely could have done a better job since February or whenever it was.

Coming into the end of the season there's every chance we could have been talking about...

McKenzie being sold to a club in England (this was the chat at the start of the season)

Bates & Gallagher recovering from a slow start and looking every bit like the players who have played for Scotland (more than Reynolds managed...which is a disgrace!)

Barron being a great discovery who should have been playing earlier (only thing we are saying)

LIKE DEREK ❤️ 

MacKenzie and Ramsay either wouldn't have been here or still hidden away in the reserves had Derek been kept on, Ramirez and Vicente wouldn't have been here either, Watkins probably, Barron wouldn't have been in the team either.

• Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I've changed my mind on Goodwin. You can just tell from his interview that he is fucking raging with those cunts in the dressing room. A great opportunity, a clean slate, the dressing room is getting emptied of the dross and the loser mentality, hopefully filled with cunts who actually give a fuck. There is no pride in there, no determination, the first thing we need to do is get a captain, preferably centre half then build from there. 

My concern is with the lack of coaching being seen on the park. JG was blasé with his “fix the defence in a couple of weeks” comment at the start.

I’ve not seen any change to our play across any of the pitch. He doesn’t seem to be raging at the side either, which would’ve at least indicated the players weren’t carrying out his new instructions. It just seems like nothing has been taught or learned on the training pitch. That’s what gives me the fear.

What’s the point in having a coach / manager, if it’s actually only down to the players and recruitment? 

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

MacKenzie

Was meant to go to Atlanta 2 but COVID stopped that, went off to Forfar and Derek signed his pal Leigh.

Pretty obvious that neither Barron, Ramsay or Mackenzie would've been anywhere near our first team.

Anderson was also criminally mis-used and not given a fair chance too 

• Upvote 3
Just now, Granite95 said:

Was meant to go to Atlanta 2 but COVID stopped that, went off to Forfar and Derek signed his pal Leigh.

Pretty obvious that neither Barron, Ramsay or Mackenzie would've been anywhere near our first team.

Anderson was also criminally mis-used and not given a fair chance too 

Absolutely, several young players were looking for a way out too, at least now we know we have some talented lads coming through and they know that there is a clear pathway in to the first team if they apply themselves.

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

Absolutely, several young players were looking for a way out too, at least now we know we have some talented lads coming through and they know that there is a clear pathway in to the first team if they apply themselves.

Aye exactly, how it should be, hopefully see guys like Ngwenya, Duncan, Hanratty (maybe) given a fair crack of the whip; be a damn site cheaper than bringing in dross like Kamberi, Hornby, JET, Wilson etc

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, minijc said:

MacKenzie and Ramsay either wouldn't have been here or still hidden away in the reserves had Derek been kept on, Ramirez and Vicente wouldn't have been here either, Watkins probably, Barron wouldn't have been in the team either.

I was just taking the piss with the Derek part at the end to be honest. The rest of the post isn't beyond the realms of possibilities with a decent manager who can get a group of players together.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

LIKE DEREK ❤️ 

Ferguson was gash when Brown was here and hes been gash since he has been gone.  McCrorie not much better.  Whether another manager could of got them to play a better tune who knows.  We could of certainly done with Brown till the end of the season.  Terrible decision from Goodwin.  One of many so far.

4 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Ferguson was gash when Brown was here and hes been gash since he has been gone.  McCrorie not much better.  Whether another manager could of got them to play a better tune who knows.  We could of certainly done with Brown till the end of the season.  Terrible decision from Goodwin.  One of many so far.

He would likely be top goal scorer in the league if we got all the penalties we were due. Gash right enough though.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

LIKE DEREK ❤️ 

Like Derek who broke the record for going the most games without scoring a goal that Derek??

I've said that Goodwin wasn't my choice for the rebuild required but needs time to be allowed to see it through. That still holds.

However I am certain that my choice......Jack Ross......although obviously no miracle worker would have taken the squad of players Goodwin inherited and at least coached them well enough to stop losing games outwith the arse cheeks. And maybe managed to get 2 or 3 more wins into the bargain. It's not as if the opposition we have face this season are any great shakes themselves.

I'm expecting the St Mirren game to feature a lineup heavily laden with players who will be leaving the club immediately afterwards in order to let them say farewell to the support. Considine, Ojo, McGeouch, Ruth (although he's hardly said "hello" to the support nevermind "goodbye") and surely Ramsay and Ferguson will also be saying goodbye although under different circumstances. It'd be a bit ironic if they could conjure up a convincing win to end the season with

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I've said that Goodwin wasn't my choice for the rebuild required but needs time to be allowed to see it through. That still holds.

However I am certain that my choice......Jack Ross......although obviously no miracle worker would have taken the squad of players Goodwin inherited and at least coached them well enough to stop losing games outwith the arse cheeks. And maybe managed to get 2 or 3 more wins into the bargain. It's not as if the opposition we have face this season are any great shakes themselves.

I'm expecting the St Mirren game to feature a lineup heavily laden with players who will be leaving the club immediately afterwards in order to let them say farewell to the support. Considine, Ojo, McGeouch, Ruth (although he's hardly said "hello" to the support nevermind "goodbye") and surely Ramsay and Ferguson will also be saying goodbye although under different circumstances. It'd be a bit ironic if they could conjure up a convincing win to end the season with

He couldn't do that with Hibs ffs.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, 1983 said:

My concern is with the lack of coaching being seen on the park. JG was blasé with his “fix the defence in a couple of weeks” comment at the start.

I’ve not seen any change to our play across any of the pitch. He doesn’t seem to be raging at the side either, which would’ve at least indicated the players weren’t carrying out his new instructions. It just seems like nothing has been taught or learned on the training pitch. That’s what gives me the fear.

What’s the point in having a coach / manager, if it’s actually only down to the players and recruitment? 

Don't you think recruitment is the single biggest part of it these days though? A different level of course but you aren't going to see your top managers out on the training grounds all that often. 

The likes of Bates, he is just shite, he isn't a footballer and no amount of coaching can change that. 

26 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

So just gash the whole season then? Haha

He's not exactly been outstanding, but gash the whole season is a bit of a stretch.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

He couldn't do that with Hibs ffs.

7 defeats in 9 matches......a poor run for sure but they were also in the League Cup Final. Given what happened under his replacement I think Ron Gordon might well think he pulled the trigger just a bit too quickly.

Ironically we gave our incumbent more time having went through an even worse run of results and one which he would pretty much repeat before Gnasher finally acted. 

As I said, Ross would have been no miracle worker. But given the size of rebuild we require to me he would have been the pragmatic choice within our budget limitations. He's managed for longer and with bigger clubs than Goodwin. And wouldn't have cost us a penny in compensation either.

3 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

So just gash the whole season then? Haha

He's not exactly been outstanding, but gash the whole season is a bit of a stretch.

Ok maybe gash is a bit strong but he has been a shadow of the Player he has been for us.  He has not been at the standard he was at the last two seasons.  If you are happy with a few pens then good luck to you.  If he has scored that one at Tynecastle things may have panned out differently.  People thought he'd kick on again after Brown leaving. he hasn't/  He has struggled.  Barron has performed better.

9 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Ok maybe gash is a bit strong but he has been a shadow of the Player he has been for us.  He has not been at the standard he was at the last two seasons.  If you are happy with a few pens then good luck to you.  If he has scored that one at Tynecastle things may have panned out differently.  People thought he'd kick on again after Brown leaving. he hasn't/  He has struggled.  Barron has performed better.

I never mentioned pens to be fair. He hasn't played to his potential this season, but I don't think he will reach his potential here. He has still been one of our better players this season despite that. For his own progression it's time to move on I reckon.

35 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Don't you think recruitment is the single biggest part of it these days though? A different level of course but you aren't going to see your top managers out on the training grounds all that often. 

The likes of Bates, he is just shite, he isn't a footballer and no amount of coaching can change that. 

Honestly I’ve no idea! At the elite level I would say it’s more obvious what level certain players are capable of, but at lower levels there are too many examples of well motivated, drilled and coached teams being relatively successful.

The subjective notion of good recruitment is also difficult to put into a process. One player on paper could be great, but in certain teams or environments they just can’t perform. Having a coach who knows how to win, and what type of rounded player he needs to execute, is probably where the difference sits. I was expecting Goodwin to want to play in a more “robust” and simpler manner to get points on the board, but, apart from being worse at both attacking and defending set pieces (zonal…), it pretty much looks the same players and tactics from Glassball.

By now, JG should know what players exist throughout the whole club and be able to slot them into how he expects us to play. Unless he wants us to play like Glass set us up previously?

5 hours ago, DelMonte said:

How about a £20 bet we finish next season higher than this season then? If you genuinely believe the squad will be worse then put your money where your mouth is. Loser pays to a charity of a winners choice. 

Haha inspired by my winnings?

I've made some good money for charities over the last 2 seasons courtesy of @Geoff_Tipps and @CCB III

Two moral men

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, minijc said:

Least Ramirez wouldn't have been here though 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

The way Goodwin was talking, Ruth isn't leaving 

6 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Honestly I’ve no idea! At the elite level I would say it’s more obvious what level certain players are capable of, but at lower levels there are too many examples of well motivated, drilled and coached teams being relatively successful.

The subjective notion of good recruitment is also difficult to put into a process. One player on paper could be great, but in certain teams or environments they just can’t perform. Having a coach who knows how to win, and what type of rounded player he needs to execute, is probably where the difference sits. I was expecting Goodwin to want to play in a more “robust” and simpler manner to get points on the board, but, apart from being worse at both attacking and defending set pieces (zonal…), it pretty much looks the same players and tactics from Glassball.

By now, JG should know what players exist throughout the whole club and be able to slot them into how he expects us to play. Unless he wants us to play like Glass set us up previously?

Greece won a Euros and Leicester won an English Premiership, through grit above all else 

There is nothing more important than mentality 

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Aye exactly, how it should be, hopefully see guys like Ngwenya, Duncan, Hanratty (maybe) given a fair crack of the whip; be a damn site cheaper than bringing in dross like Kamberi, Hornby, JET, Wilson etc

Did ngwenya and Duncan not get their debuts under mccinnes already. He also said he would have had ramsay in the team to 

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha inspired by my winnings?

I've made some good money for charities over the last 2 seasons courtesy of @Geoff_Tipps and @CCB III

Two moral men

Add NEM to that list as well, 50 quid charity bet last year and we are a shootout between hibs and dons for another 50 quid charity bet!. 
(League placement being the bet)