Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slippers

The Goodwin effect!

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Glass should never have been sacked.

Should have been given the season,would have come good.🤔

And you would have been left with the same bunch of wankers next season. Led by a wimp. Take a Valium. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

And you would have been left with the same bunch of wankers next season. Led by a wimp. Take a Valium. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, minijc said:

Showed more composure?  hahaha was that before or after he'd given the ball away under no pressure or maybe just after he got himself injured diving in needlessly? 

You have obviously never played the game. Considine, for all his faults, brought a calmness to the defence. Bates and Gallagher are not an improvement if that is what you are implying.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, DelMonte said:

Okay fair enough. If Goodwin is gone then we just leave it. 
 

🤝

Congratulations on winning the bet..

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, old sheep said:

You have obviously never played the game. Considine, for all his faults, brought a calmness to the defence. Bates and Gallagher are not an improvement if that is what you are implying.

People see what they want to see, i didn't see a calmness when he put them under pressure through errors he made.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

People see what they want to see, i didn't see a calmness when he put them under pressure through errors he made.  

The errors that Bates and Gallagher have made this season have cost us a lot of goals. Any errors made by Considine today were not in the immediate danger zone. My point is that Bates and Gallagher are not good enough for Aberdeen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, old sheep said:

The errors that Bates and Gallagher have made this season have cost us a lot of goals. Any errors made by Considine today were not in the immediate danger zone. My point is that Bates and Gallagher are not good enough for Aberdeen. 

 

and my point is, neither is a 35 year old Andy Considine. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, old sheep said:

You have obviously never played the game. Considine, for all his faults, brought a calmness to the defence. Bates and Gallagher are not an improvement if that is what you are implying.

No coincidence Considine's return coincided with a very rare clean sheet.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, NEM said:

No coincidence Considine's return coincided with a very rare clean sheet.....

He played 45 minutes and went off injured, if anything it justified the decision to move on from him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, minijc said:

He played 45 minutes and went off injured, if anything it justified the decision to move on from him.

Aye fair enough if by moving on you mean replacing Bates and Gallagher because Considine is better than that pair of clowns

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye fair enough if by moving on you mean replacing Bates and Gallagher because Considine is better than that pair of clowns

He really isn't, they are all much of a muchness, I'd rather have a Bates than him in the hope he finds form, mainly because he's 10 years younger and some of his issues can be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, minijc said:

He played 45 minutes and went off injured, if anything it justified the decision to move on from him.

Aye if he can’t even jump for a header without injuring himself then maybe the old knee isn’t what it was before the injury.

If it wasn’t for the knee, he’d be our best CB by a long distance. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, minijc said:

He really isn't, they are all much of a muchness, I'd rather have a Bates than him in the hope he finds form, mainly because he's 10 years younger and some of his issues can be fixed.

Not sure you can fix his main issue of being fucking shite at football but good luck with it anyway

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Not sure you can fix his main issue of being fucking shite at football but good luck with it anyway

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, minijc said:

He really isn't, they are all much of a muchness, I'd rather have a Bates than him in the hope he finds form, mainly because he's 10 years younger and some of his issues can be fixed.

Ive always thought we have had one major problem with defence

 Experience -  at times we have played with a back four of Ramsey McCrorie Bates and Mackenzie combined average  22

 ok so add in gallagher tp give them some experience he doesnt  that but boy does he NOT know how to bring a ball out of defence. Im trying to figure out who brings the ball out of defence worst OJO or gallagher neither seemed capable today. Gallagher will play one of two balls square to bates or back to Lewis. He has no idea of how to move a ball into midfield

of the 2 CB Bates and Gallagher al least bates tries to get out of defence he needs experience next to him 

In defence we need a leader and someone to play the ball out of the back. 

Bates can get out of the back put Bates along side a steady head I reckon he will be fine gallagher is 31 and needs an experienced player (and he is 31) and needs to learn how to play the ball out from the back

 

By the way considine is the player we need 3 or 4 years younger (gallaghers age) but now it is probably right to rebuild the whole defence and probably around bates

 

Edited by Bamber

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Ive always thought we have had one major problem with defence

 Experience -  at times we have played with a back four of Ramsey McCrorie Bates and Mackenzie combined average  22

 ok so add in gallagher tp give them some experience he doesnt  that but boy does he NOT know how to bring a ball out of defence. Im trying to figure out who brings the ball out of defence worst OJO or gallagher neither seemed capable today. Gallagher will play one of two balls square to bates or back to Lewis. He has no idea of how to move a ball into midfield

of the 2 CB Bates and Gallagher al least bates tries to get out of defence he needs experience next to him 

In defence we need a leader and someone to play the ball out of the back. 

Bates can get out of the back put Bates along side a steady head I reckon he will be fine gallagher is 31 and needs an experienced player (and he is 31) and needs to learn how to play the ball out from the back

 

I think your right but Gallagher was probably brought into be that experienced head. I think he knows his limitations which is head and block which is why he passes the ball to bates all the time to go forward sadly his defending has been poor so has had nothing.

Hopefully he will get back to the level he was before but I’m not so sure he will because as you say he is now 31 so on the way down 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2022 at 10:42 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

I'll take that bet on the condition that Goodwin is still our manager at the end of next season. When a new (and decent) manager replaces him who can actually motivate players and knows what he is doing then the bet is null and void.

Looks a lose-draw bet to me. If JG gets us around top six and keeps us there he probably keeps the job but you lose the bet. If we is anywhere near the same position as we are now he will be gone so be void. You can't win.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, NEM said:

Not sure you can fix his main issue of being fucking shite at football but good luck with it anyway

If football was as simple as you make on then it would be easy.

For what it’s worth Bates worries me but Mini has a point. 35 year old Considine being moved on is a decent decision IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, minijc said:

He really isn't, they are all much of a muchness, I'd rather have a Bates than him in the hope he finds form, mainly because he's 10 years younger and some of his issues can be fixed.

They won’t be fixed

i mind everyone shouting “ee-aw” at him when he was playing shite for rangers against us at pittodrie. Has always been a complete donkey

Share this post


Link to post

Bates is 25. Nae a youngster just breaking through. He should have the basics nailed down by now if he’s ever going to be a decent defender

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

They won’t be fixed

i mind everyone shouting “ee-aw” at him when he was playing shite for rangers against us at pittodrie. Has always been a complete donkey

And I mind opposition fans giving Considine pelters for being shite, yet he managed to carve decent career for himself and get elevated to legendary status. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, minijc said:

get elevated to legendary status

That’s a generational thing

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If football was as simple as you make on then it would be easy.

For what it’s worth Bates worries me but Mini has a point. 35 year old Considine being moved on is a decent decision IMO.

It's certainly easy when you are playing us. Sit back, watch, wait till we lose possession then get the ball forward as quickly as possible, do that a couple of times then it's just a matter of time till one of those clowns at the back  makes their, usually, goal costing mistake. We think we are better than that, we aren't. 

Share this post


Link to post

its not going well for young handsome Jim so far.

a couple of miracle signings and get some much needed confidence going in the league cup

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Does my head in to hear people speak about a player giving “service” to a club. The players’ only give service to the national team - they get their salary from the club, and no offence to Andy, but he’s done well out of the club thanks to years and years of underachieving.

He’s a nice lad, and a great professional, but there has been no “service”, only a job in which he’s been paid relatively well for. It could have gone so very differently for him early on his career. How’s about him coming out and saying he’s been lucky to spend so much time at a club of our size, when he could so easily have moved to caley thistle and earned a third of what he’s been on for the past 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

If football was as simple as you make on then it would be easy.

For what it’s worth Bates worries me but Mini has a point. 35 year old Considine being moved on is a decent decision IMO.

It is fairly simple though. You’re either good at it or you’re not, Bates clearly is not

Share this post


Link to post

Both Bates & Gallagher are fkn shite & not worthy of being Aberdeen players. I would have a Taylor/Considine CH pairing over them any time & we know how much I rated Taylor & can admit how limited AC is at CH

Share this post


Link to post

Goodwin revealing in his interview on Sportscene that some of the players he told are surplus to requirements and free to find a new club for next season threw their toys out of the pram. Guess most of us suspected that at least Goodwin has now confirmed it. Why some of them thought they would be getting kept on after their embarrassing performances this season is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Goodwin revealing in his interview on Sportscene that some of the players he told are surplus to requirements and free to find a new club for next season threw their toys out of the pram. Guess most of us suspected that at least Goodwin has now confirmed it. Why some of them thought they would be getting kept on after their embarrassing performances this season is beyond me. 

Amazon are always looking for drivers if they don't fancy being a professional footballer anymore. Must be a really shit job

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...