The Goodwin effect!

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Piss off then. Who are you to dictate the speech of others. Don’t like it? You know what to do. 

So your all for freedom of speech and think people should be able to do and say what they want?

Yet you want a footballer punished for going to watch another team? Fucking hyocrite.

• Upvote 7
1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So your all for freedom of speech and think people should be able to do and say what they want?

Yet you want a footballer punished for going to watch another team? Fucking hyocrite.

There is no reason or logic when it comes to the huns. It’s pure hatred driven by emotion. Join in. 

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Lets pray he's not involved. Heard from someone close to one of the players that has recently left that Goodwin hates living in Aberdeen, not exactly going to be able to sell the dream of moving to the North East to players if he hates being here himself.

Only fair to give him the option of tearing up his contract then.

5 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I would have to disagree. He will definitely be involved as its his playing budget that is getting used. They all work together in partnership.

Goodwin along with Mowbray and the recruitment team work together on a identifying the targets.

All 3 (Goodwin, Mowbray and and Gunn) have to jointly make a pitch to the player and representatives that moving to Aberdeen is a good option. And he will work with Gunn to decide what contract is offered to the player.

He cant just say i want player A and that's his involvement over. What happens if Gunn offers Player A a huge contract and says i got your man ….but that's your budget gone so that's us done for the summer. I'm away off on my hols. 

Obviously I'm exaggerating with that but just pointing out that JG will absolutely be involved as its up to him to make the most of the budget and get the best players possible at the lowest price so he can get more players and more value for money. The Considine contract was the perfect example of this as JG decided not to renegotiate when the offer was turned down as he didn't feel like it would be good value for money and felt he could use the money better.

Fair enough. 

Does beg the question though, what is Gunn’s remit? Previously, he was doing player registrations, logistics involved in European games etc. If Goodwin is as heavily involved in the prawcess as you say, then I’d say Gunn’s job has reverted to its previous description.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fair enough. 

Does beg the question though, what is Gunn’s remit? Previously, he was doing player registrations, logistics involved in European games etc. If Goodwin is as heavily involved in the prawcess as you say, then I’d say Gunn’s job has reverted to its previous description.

I’ve been critical of Gunn as much as most but he’s done a lot of stuff that’s went unnoticed. He’s the 1 that has the relationships with agents and negotiates long term contracts for some of our key players. Their was a time not so long ago we couldn’t get any of our key players signed to decent deals.

5 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

That's his problem if he doesn't like Aberdeen, best for all parties if he just went back to weegieland then. Anyway, what does Glasgow have that Aberdeen doesn't? Both cities not the prettiest on the eye and got zero culture, least Aberdeens got easy access to the coast and countryside. Fair enough if it was Edinburgh he was coming from.

So Aberdeens best selling point, in your eyes, is the routes out of it?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Lets pray he's not involved. Heard from someone close to one of the players that has recently left that Goodwin hates living in Aberdeen, not exactly going to be able to sell the dream of moving to the North East to players if he hates being here himself.

Of course you have...

43 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fair enough. 

Minus the logistics for European games obviously ?

6 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

That's his problem if he doesn't like Aberdeen, best for all parties if he just went back to weegieland then. Anyway, what does Glasgow have that Aberdeen doesn't? Both cities not the prettiest on the eye and got zero culture, least Aberdeens got easy access to the coast and countryside. Fair enough if it was Edinburgh he was coming from.

Aye, glasgow is miles from beaches and countryside...?

1 hour ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Better boozers, better curry houses, better restaurants, better Tennents, better women, better airport etc etc 

Disagree: Better women,  better boozers

agree: better restaurants, better curry houses

tennents is pish either way and Glasgow airport is quite pish too

50 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Half an hour and you can be at Loch Lomond fae Glasgow

half an hour fae Aberdeen, you’re in Kemnay 

Half an hour ? 45 minutes at least and even then you’re at the shite parts like balloch. Also, another important point is Aberdeen’s golf courses are far superior. 

The centre of Aberdeen  is pretty bad at the moment and I hope it can be addressed but the beauty of Aberdeen is all the streets out of the city are pretty damn smart, try going a mile out of Glasgow Liverpool Birmingham Manchester Cardiff and Edinburgh and there's your shit shows. Over the years all these cities have had money thrown at there centres  while Aberdeen who kept Britain and Scotland solvent in the 70s and 80s got sweet FA.

• Upvote 1