Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen 1 - 0 Dundee

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Watkins looked very similar on Saturday, to be fair. Isolated, anonymous and depressed. 

That's because it's not the individual in that position but the system. It's been obvious for months but everyone just wanted to slaughter CR9 ?‍♂️

It works both ways… I think there’s been a change more recently. I like the player and he’s done well for us… but his heart isn’t in it anymore. That’s my perspective.

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Watkins looked very similar on Saturday, to be fair. Isolated, anonymous and depressed. 

That's because it's not the individual in that position but the system. It's been obvious for months but everyone just wanted to slaughter CR9 ?‍♂️

He looked the same in his signing video. Clearly didn’t want to be here/arsed. 

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Not sure we can trust Ramirez to lead the line anymore… guy just looks like he’s totally chucked it over the past month or so. 

Thought he put in a bit of a shift Saturday when he came on, not easy playing in this brutal team up front with 3 midfielders who rarely support.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Not a chance the team 3rd in Ligue 1 is looking at Ramirez.

Why?, the team that’s 2nd in the EPL is looking at buying a defender who is 10th in the SPL, a player that hasn’t even started every game in his first full season as a footballer?.

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, Poodler said:

Surely 35yo ACL ruined returnee CB is not being hailed as our best hope? Jesus were a joke again 

I'm with this. Can't possibly be anywhere near match sharp. We've allowed fat Adam too much freedom to play as he likes in the previous games against these. Defeat is unthinkable, Adam? McGhee? Fucking horrendous it would be. 2-1 or 1-2, can't decide which it will be.

We surely don’t need to go 3 at the back v these cunts on Saturday, do we?

I agree we need to shake things up a bit but going to a back 3, incorporating either McKenzie in there or Considine, would just be asking for trouble.

Its the midfield that’s causing me the biggest issue. With McCrorie out, let’s go 4-4-2 for this one; Ramsay and Hayes wide, Ramirez and Watkins up front and hit these cunts early. 

Lewis

Ojo Bates Gallagher McKenzie

Ramsay Ferguson Barron Hayes

Watkins Ramirez 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

We surely don’t need to go 3 at the back v these cunts on Saturday, do we?

I agree we need to shake things up a bit but going to a back 3, incorporating either McKenzie in there or Considine, would just be asking for trouble.

Its the midfield that’s causing me the biggest issue. With McCrorie out, let’s go 4-4-2 for this one; Ramsay and Hayes wide, Ramirez and Watkins up front and hit these cunts early. 

Lewis

Ojo Bates Gallagher McKenzie

Ramsay Ferguson Barron Hayes

Watkins Ramirez 

I'd be tempted to include Considine for his prowess in the opponents box, the Dundee 'keeper is a bag of nerves at a cross ball.

58 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I'd be tempted to include Considine due to the basic fact he's better than Gallagher and Bates. I'd have probably picked Considine before them in August when he couldn't stand up

Consi even after a knee op cant be worse than watching Bates shite himself every time a ball comes near him and grabbing and pushing attackers rather than tackling them.  

Has Gallagher always played like he can't really be arsed or is this something he has reserved especially for us?  I thought we were going to be getting a much more aggressive centre back (but maybe I was mistaken due to the baseball bat stuff!)

I suspect we'll get the same centre back pairing again though.

40 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we might see both Ramsay and Ojo starting for this one. 

Ramsay at right back and Ojo in midfield instead of McCrorie.  Hayes dropping back to left back with Watkins left and Ramirez recalled in the middle.  MacKenzie benched. 

I'd rather see a front two though. 

Is McGeouch fit? 
Or is that a stupid question?

If he’s available I’d start him in McCrorie’s place & push Ferguson & Barron up.    
McGeouch is a better player on the ball than McCrorie. 

Lewis 

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Hayes.       
                    McGeouch.      
          Ferguson          Barron       
     Besuijen Ramirez Watkins 

I’d go with that. 
But I doubt McGeouch will be available. 
Probably Ojo (groan)

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Is McGeouch fit? 
Or is that a stupid question?

If he’s available I’d start him in McCrorie’s place & push Ferguson & Barron up.    
McGeouch is a better player on the ball than McCrorie. 

Lewis 

Ramsay Gallagher Bates Hayes.       
                    McGeouch.      
          Ferguson          Barron       
     Besuijen Ramirez Watkins 

I’d go with that. 
But I doubt McGeouch will be available. 
Probably Ojo (groan)

Is McGeouch included in the list of players defiantly not having contracts renewed , He can be a solid player on the ball but much like Devlin we just cant afford to pay top wages to guys who are constantly plagued by injury 

23 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Is McGeouch included in the list of players defiantly not having contracts renewed , He can be a solid player on the ball but much like Devlin we just cant afford to pay top wages to guys who are constantly plagued by injury 

He’s out of contract & he won’t get one now (rightly). 

But if he’s available we should use him whilst he’s here.

All moot though as I think he’s injured. 

1 hour ago, KidCreole said:

Of the starting eleven against Livi, who is believed to be on the “list”.

Ojo maybe, who else?