Aberdeen 1 - 0 Dundee

It’s not a comparison read back what YOU said, its unlickely that you can get a player from the EPL reserves that can do a job?

you’ve just proven you can given the right scouting, I thank you.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

See; Gurr, Jet, Samuels, J.Gallagher. 

All signings were judged where they came from and fans were correct. 

Quite rare to get a Mason, as you described, and it's often that they'll be picked up by a smaller club then move on to bigger ones gradually as they improve.

Highly unlikely anyone from Atlanta II or Wolves reserves/Bradfords bench was ever going to come in and improve Aberdeen.  

See, your words bud, not mine. I was showing you in simms case you were wrong, which you have actively proven that yourself by talking simms up.?

6 hours ago, Ke1t said:

The club needs to reject that right away. 

Too important a match to be officiated by that particular rat. 

Goodwin was bumping his gums on northsound today claiming Collums the best ref in Scotland ??‍♂️

Better have been mind games and not another display of Tim arseholery from our manager 

15 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I'm going to assume you bonked your noggin at some point in time between now and when you watched Phoenix. I, too, watched Mackie's USL adventure, and barely missed a Phoenix match. 

Scott Morrison was unquestionably the best player on the field at any given time, and they actually had to start playing him in midfield such was his influence.  He looked like the living incarnation of Georgie Best compared to most. 

Mackie was abysmal, and (un)arguably their worst player.  There were multiple reasons for this, but at the heart of his shitness for Phoenix was the fact he was shit. He was out of his depth, and even though he was allegedly Robertson's 'Star' signing, he eventually played second fiddle to Donny Toia, a defender who was a better forward than Mackie. Toia easily made the step up to MLS. 

Paul Mason was playing amateur fitba and working as a labourer when he signed for Groningen. He was an integral part of a very strong Aberdeen side that had guys like Charlie Nicholas, Theo Snelders, Jim Bett, and Hans Gillhaus. If Groningen had considered the West Cheshire Football League not worth their time scouting, Mason would have finished his career lifting bricks rather than trophies he'd helped win. 

The point being that the standard of play in any given league is not the issue... you get people with immense talent starting in the amateurs, and you get people with no talent playing in the pros... the issue is that dismissing a player because of where they currently play is an extraordinarily silly thing to do. 

Agree with your second point to a certain extent... this type of snobbery among our fans does annoy me!  However, when you are a club with a limited budget, like Aberdeen, IMO you need to focus your attention on markets where there is higher chance of success (USL and MLS II are a waste of time).  The standard of football in the US is absolutely dreadful, particularly where Polvara was playing - as others have said, its Jack Gurr level players.  Having said that, Dante is the Hermann trophy winner - the best player in college football.  However, if you look at the list of previous winners, very few of them seem to have much of a full time career.  Probably the most successful recent winner has been Harkes of Dundee United - so there is a bit of hope! 

When I was in nottingham, I had a team mate who was trying to get a non-league contract, but wasn't having any luck... he then spent sometime playing out in the US collegiate system and although he loved it, he did say the standard was utterly woeful - below even the midlands amateur premier.  Eventually he got picked up by Wealdstone, when he came home.  Hopefully Dante does have the talent to step up here - I'm not discounting him - but the odds are stacked against him being much chop.

There was an FC Phoenix thread on here back in the day...  I'd often write a little post game summary - quite of few of us used to watch!  With the time difference, most of the games were on Monday morning, my time... so I used to watch them at work - was infinitely more interesting than my job at the time!   I loathed Mackie as a Dons player, so i was hoping for some car crash TV... but in the end it became like a soap opera and I became quite an invested member of La Furia Roja until their untimely demise! 

Mackie was injured most of the time, but he did really well when he played (he certainly did not struggle!)... although he did famously balloon one penalty!  His legs has gone long before he arrived in the US, but with the step down in class and more time on the ball, he actually looked better technically and was quite a focal point up front.  At that level he was actually quite good at holding the ball up and linking the play.  By the end, I was watching the games, even when Mackie wasn't playing - without him they really had nothing up top and the ball wouldn't stick!  Phoenix were an absolutely rabble and Mackie was one of the few who looked like they knew what they were doing - and they were certainly a better team with Mackie in the side.  Some of the players, particularly those brought in towards the end of the season, were embarrassingly bad - as though they'd just been brought in off the street to fill a jersey!  FC Phoenix would've been beaten comfortably by most Junior sides in Scotland.

Morrison was certainly one of the best players and did well when moved into the midfield - however, my recollection was that it was kind of necessitated by the Brazilians suddenly upping and leaving - there was no one else to play in there!  As I recall there was some issue with wages, so they all just walked out!  By the end, FC Phoenix were struggling to pull a team together!  Also remember Toia as one of the better players - I randomly spotted him while flicking an MLS game a few years ago - says it all about the standard of the MLS!

As we cannot keep a clean sheet then will go with at the very best for us 1-1 but probably 1-2 Dundee with McGinn getting the winner for them.

Also St Johnstone to beat St Mirren, Hibs and Livi to draw thus creating a 6 point gap over St Mirren and us

St Mirren and us remain on 36 points St Johnstone up to 34 points and it's well and truly squeaky bum time.

6 hours ago, NEM said:

Goodwin was bumping his gums on northsound today claiming Collums the best ref in Scotland ??‍♂️

Better have been mind games and not another display of Tim arseholery from our manager 

He probably is. Have you seen the other refs this season? They are worse than him. 

5 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Wonder if we will now get ojo at full back again with Ramsay rested as his heads not right after recent speculation. More spin and lies 

Spot on!! 

42 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Wonder if we will now get ojo at full back again with Ramsay rested as his heads not right after recent speculation. More spin and lies 

You have to come to the conclusion that Ramsay is away; deal already done. 

Whether that necessitates his benching, I don’t know. Why even have him on the bench, if you’re worried about him picking up a serious injury?

It's fucking scandalous utterly fucking scandalous! Fucking lying tim cunt raving abt Ramsey but benches someone who has plenty of assists and can actually cross a fuckin baw° Goodwind is full of wind! Cunts fucked it up big time! But it's that cunt cormacks I have the major issues with! 

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

As we cannot keep a clean sheet then will go with at the very best for us 1-1 but probably 1-2 Dundee with McGinn getting the winner for them.

Also St Johnstone to beat St Mirren, Hibs and Livi to draw thus creating a 6 point gap over St Mirren and us

St Mirren and us remain on 36 points St Johnstone up to 34 points and it's well and truly squeaky bum time.

Then Mr Blow this is the prayer you pray tonight before, your wife male  or female, tucks you up in bed.    Dear lord please turn Rameriz  into Joe Harper and Bates into Alex Mcleish , Ferguson into Gordon Strachan and Willie Miller , and Lewis into Theo  Shnelders  or Jim Leighton.   But turn Jim Goodwin into Alex Ferguson.    As we don’t want to see Mark McGee running up and down the pitch at full time NAKED.  

5 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

OR.... we win and St Johnstone get beat or draw and you'd not require a change of sheets.

On 4/27/2022 at 6:05 PM, Wee Alickie said:

Of course he’s not shite. He’s US College Player of the Year out of hundreds of college players. Watch this and wonder like me why he’s not getting pitch time. 

6ft 6in, Two footed , hits long accurate passes with either foot, and scores goals. What’s not to like?

Look at the time and space he has on the ball in thise highlights. Are you fuck getting that here in Scotland. My suspicion is that he's been held in reserve for more experienced players that know the Scottish game. No way are you throwing him into the situation we are finding ourselves in.

I'll judge him next season with a pre-season under his belt and hopefully better players with better attitudes surrounding him.

14 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Need to avoid defeat tomorrow. Even my repeated insistence that we won't relegated may be shaken should we lose tomorrow. 

? Jesus really so you'd be content with a draw? Your repeated insistence that we won't be relegated is borne out of your worry that relegation is a distinct possibility. Especially if we don't "WIN" tomorrow

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Need to avoid defeat tomorrow. Even my repeated insistence that we won't relegated may be shaken should we lose tomorrow. 

Yeah. If we lose, I think we will end failing to win any other games. It's bad when you're looking at other teams' games and trying to work out what would be the best outcome of these would be for us.

win tomorrow and I think we will be fine. Not sure what the best outcome from the st johnstone game is though. Pros & cons to each result 

With McCrorie out I'd say let's go 442 for this one...

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Considine MacKenzie

Besoujin Barron Ferguson Hayes

Watkins Ramirez

It keeps Ojo out the team which is my main priority. Only worry is the midfield gets bullied by Adam and McGowan - Barron is still inexperienced and Ferguson doesn't seem to be particularly fired up at the moment for a battle.

7 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis

Watkins Ramirez

It keeps Ojo out the team which is my main priority. Only worry is the midfield gets bullied by Adam and McGowan - Barron is still inexperienced and Ferguson doesn't seem to be particularly fired up at the moment for a battle.

Is Mcgeouch injured?

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis

Watkins Ramirez

I’d like to think that Adam’s comments after last Dundee game were enough to fire up Ferguson. 

37 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Show me the part where I said I'd be happy with a draw?

Sorry... I'll rephrase it then' your post seems to suggest you'd be content with a draw? Nae biggy min just an observation.