Aberdeen 1 - 0 Dundee

9 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Think these players need some kind of intervention to focus them. Club is in tatters , is DC even in the country?

The only intervention that would help would be a divine one. 

Half of the squad don't want to be here and the other half suspect they're getting binned (or have been binned already). It's all caught up with us now and we'll just have to find a way to get over the line. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Despite how well Arbroath have done, they might miss out on the play off place.

Aberdeen, despite being pish are less pish than the others below them. We will not be involved in any play off match.

How do you know Aberdeen won’t be involved in the play offs,  next week Dundee will be up for it , sadly to say half the Aberdeen team have forgotten the meaning of up for it.   We didn’t think they would be in 9 th position, most on here had delusions of finishing 3 rd or 4 th , going into Europe again to get knocked out in the 3 rd qualifying round. 

But Goodwin has made a mega mistake in letting the trash know they won’t be here next season.    He should have kept his mouth shut, until after the  last game.    This team at the moment and past have more effort in them and desire to win than a constipated goose, with piles trying to shit. 

24 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

How do you know Aberdeen won’t be involved in the play offs,  next week Dundee will be up for it , sadly to say half the Aberdeen team have forgotten the meaning of up for it.   We didn’t think they would be in 9 th position, most on here had delusions of finishing 3 rd or 4 th , going into Europe again to get knocked out in the 3 rd qualifying round. 

But Goodwin has made a mega mistake in letting the trash know they won’t be here next season.    He should have kept his mouth shut, until after the  last game.    This team at the moment and past have more effort in them and desire to win than a constipated goose, with piles trying to shit. 

?

8 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Dundee are shit but the players are up for it, it will be interesting to see if our lot can be arsed given what’s at stake.

If Dundee win then playoffs are surely a real possibility. I can’t see us losing the playoffs but then I couldn’t see is losing to Raith in the cup or being unable to beat the worst teams in the league.

What? You’d back those gutless wimps in a relegation play off against a determined and gritty Arbroath side? If we finish 11th, we will go down. 

In Glasgow for a gig so out. Happy about it, too. Horrendous experience on Saturday, truly. Didn't even celebrate when we scored. Felt very much like the latter days of Mark McGhee. Anger that soon moulds into apathy. 

Goodwin needs a win here, obviously. Any type will do. 

12 hours ago, Roberto said:

That dive from Charlie Adam yesterday is an embarrassment.

Commentators and pundits laughing about it, aw whit yi like big Charlie.

Cheating hun cunt. 

Think one our players will just have to take one for the team and smash him early on.

His deliveries into our box will cause mayhem with our abysmal defence.

Is it in any way possible for neither Bates or Gallagher to play?

Surely Hoban wouldnt mind just having 1 more kick about?

14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Were we not in similar shite when Russel Anderson took it upon himself late in a game to chuck literally everything at the ball to get it over the line (kind of) once - Partick maybe?  Or Motherwell?

Aye that was Motherwell but we were at the opposite end of the table. That was a battle for 2nd place. 

Punched the ball into the net for a late 2-2 at Fir Park. Thats why its quite funny that we claim Motherwell cheated to get 2nd place that season, after the elbow to Clangers face in the final seconds of the season. That was definitely a case of bad decisions evening themselves out.

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Considine MacKenzie

Vicente Ferguson Barron Hayes

Watkins and Ramirez

Old school 4-4-2. We need to dump the 4-3-3 or whatever the fuck it is we've been playing. None of the midfielders are quick enough to support the sole striker. If we don't get a penalty we're not scoring.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Surely 35yo ACL ruined returnee CB is not being hailed as our best hope? Jesus were a joke again 

Willie Miller would be better than Bates, and I mean Willie Miller now. Bates is horrendous. 

Couldn't believe it when he took Gallagher off and left Bates to bring the ball out, never seen anything like it.

12 minutes ago, RUL said:

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Considine MacKenzie

Vicente Ferguson Barron Hayes

Watkins and Ramirez

Old school 4-4-2. We need to dump the 4-3-3 or whatever the fuck it is we've been playing. None of the midfielders are quick enough to support the sole striker. If we don't get a penalty we're not scoring.

This

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Couldn't believe it when he took Gallagher off and left Bates to bring the ball out, never seen anything like it.

I know. Alarm bells ringing with his tactics and substitutions.

Like it or not, Considine is streaks of Bates.

I'm no fan Ramirez fanboy but you don't drop your top goal scorer when you're in a dog fight to stay up. Plenty of balls coming into the box on Saturday but nobody there. Watkins has done absolutely nothing since he's come back and wee Vinny can't hack the physical demands in this League.

1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

I'm no fan Ramirez fanboy but you don't drop your top goal scorer when you're in a dog fight to stay up. Plenty of balls coming into the box on Saturday but nobody there. Watkins has done absolutely nothing since he's come back and wee Vinny can't hack the physical demands in this League.

I think you're harsh there. Watkins links the play really well, sometning we've struggled to do with passes into the box etc as @minijc pointed out. 

I'd have played Watkins over Hayes and ask him to pick up space and link with Ramirez, who I think, would do a lot better with Watkins up beside him. 

VB is getting shoved about a fair bit but he's not long in, you'd like to think the staff have noticed and he's given some sort of diet plan over the summer to bulk him up a bit. 

11 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I think you're harsh there. Watkins links the play really well, sometning we've struggled to do with passes into the box etc as @minijc pointed out. 

I'd have played Watkins over Hayes and ask him to pick up space and link with Ramirez, who I think, would do a lot better with Watkins up beside him. 

VB is getting shoved about a fair bit but he's not long in, you'd like to think the staff have noticed and he's given some sort of diet plan over the summer to bulk him up a bit. 

Not seeing much from Watkins at all. Effectively playing up front now and seeing 0 end product.

First one to say the players around him aren't helping to that one single bit.

But at the end of the day, we're getting cuffed by Ross County and Livingston at home so nobody should be getting any form of praise.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Not seeing much from Watkins at all. Effectively playing up front now and seeing 0 end product.

First one to say the players around him aren't helping to that one single bit.

But at the end of the day, we're getting cuffed by Ross County and Livingston at home so nobody should be getting any form of praise.

Can't disagree, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Willie Miller would be better than Bates, and I mean Willie Miller now. Bates is horrendous. 

Get in touch with miller, and mcleish and strachan, in their zimmers sign them on for 1 game and to top that get in touch with the great ZOLTAN VARGA from his grave in Budapest the nearly dead and the dead would win the dundee game just appearing on the pitch in place of some of the glass and Mcinnes poofs in the team just now. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RAZOR said:

Completely irrelevant here but it just made the first celtic goal all the more depressing on Sunday.

When did our midfield last play a crisp forward pass like Macgregor to Jotta

When did our wingers last successfully drop a shoulder like Jotta

When did we last see a targeted dangerous cross in like Jotta's to the nip

When did we last see a striker (particularly one who's four foot nothing) nail a header to the onion basket like he did.

Infamy.  Theyve all got it infamy.   

Just now, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Completely irrelevant here but it just made the first celtic goal all the more depressing on Sunday.

When did our midfield last play a crisp forward pass like Macgregor to Jotta  Kenny Maclean (the irony being Kenny was bought to be on the end of them, not making them!)

When did our wingers last successfully drop a shoulder like Jotta Hayes if up for it, else Jess or Weir.

When did we last see a targeted dangerous cross in like Jotta's to the nip  definitely Weir

When did we last see a striker (particularly one who's four foot nothing) nail a header to the onion basket like he did Macdougall?.

Infamy.  Theyve all got it infamy.   

Answers added to depress me more.

40 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Not sure we can trust Ramirez to lead the line anymore… guy just looks like he’s totally chucked it over the past month or so. 

Watkins looked very similar on Saturday, to be fair. Isolated, anonymous and depressed. 

That's because it's not the individual in that position but the system. It's been obvious for months but everyone just wanted to slaughter CR9 ?‍♂️