Aberdeen 1 - 0 Dundee

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

You believe Jota is good?

He performs well against Aberdeen 3... and he has played well against Ross County.

Ask celtic fans what they think of Jota. 

He is good, of course he is ffs ?

I asked my pal who’s a Celtic fan, says he’s desperate for him to sign. 

1 hour ago, KidCreole said:

Do we know for a fact that Polvara is shite  ,it makes sense like but I live in hope 

Of course he’s not shite. He’s US College Player of the Year out of hundreds of college players. Watch this and wonder like me why he’s not getting pitch time. 

6ft 6in, Two footed , hits long accurate passes with either foot, and scores goals. What’s not to like?

8 minutes ago, Wee Alickie said:

Of course he’s not shite. He’s US College Player of the Year out of hundreds of college players. Watch this and wonder like me why he’s not getting pitch time. 

6ft 6in, Two footed , hits long accurate passes with either foot, and scores goals. What’s not to like?

Seen him play in the flesh? 

39 minutes ago, Wee Alickie said:

I thought the same after watching that very video, But factor in frantic pace no time on the ball and the aggressive nature of Scottish football and highlight reels from U.S college soccer may not translate to a spfl ready player, Having said that pinpoint passing like that would work wherever you play so fuck knows I cant figure it out unless its a attitude or face doesn't fit scenario 

1 hour ago, Wee Alickie said:

He’s playing against teams full of Jack Gurr level players or worse there. No wonder he looks decent. 

15 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He’s playing against teams full of Jack Gurr level players or worse there. No wonder he looks decent. 

Full time professional, Darren Mackie, was unable to compete at a level equitable with that we see in the US collegiate system, so let's not get too excited about the 'elite' level the SPFL occupies in world football. 

I guarantee he's no worse than Ojo. 

13 hours ago, Wee Alickie said:

Can't tell if you're being serious or not?

14 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If we lose this, I think we’ll be in the play offs.

Or, at VERY best, having to beat St Mirren in the last game to avoid the play offs.

Genuinely don’t see where the next win is coming from.
We have that horrible knack of being shite & also being unlucky, having fuck all luck with referees. 

If we had to win a game a 1 off game against St Mirren I’d have no confidence. This team has failed every single test put at them.

I think the likelihood is this will be a honking game of football that will end 1-1. Dundee will score from a free kick we needlessly give away which will be floated into our box and Lewis will make a hash of it somehow. We will score from a penalty. 

We will lose to St Johnstone, but draw against Hibs and St Mirren and the 3 points amassed from the final 4 games will just be enough to avoid the playoff by the skin of our teeth.

43 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I think the likelihood is this will be a honking game of football that will end 1-1. Dundee will score from a free kick we needlessly give away which will be floated into our box and Lewis will make a hash of it somehow. We will score from a penalty. 

We will lose to St Johnstone, but draw against Hibs and St Mirren and the 3 points amassed from the final 4 games will just be enough to avoid the playoff by the skin of our teeth.

You'll get good odds on that scenario......

18 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Full time professional, Darren Mackie, was unable to compete at a level equitable with that we see in the US collegiate system, so let's not get too excited about the 'elite' level the SPFL occupies in world football. 

I guarantee he's no worse than Ojo. 

Kelt where are you getting this from?  I used to watch a lot of the FC Phoenix matches via their stream… Mackie was their best player! The standard was awful!

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, KidCreole said:

Do we know for a fact that Polvara is shite  ,it makes sense like but I live in hope 

If he's not good enough to play in midfield, could we make a central defender out of him - he's about 7ft tall. Or try him up front, or give him a shot in goal.

I think it was the Sevco game he came on for about 5 minutes and the handful of touches he had looked decent enough. 

54 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Kelt where are you getting this from?  I used to watch a lot of the FC Phoenix matches via their stream… Mackie was their best player! The standard was awful!

I'm going to assume you bonked your noggin at some point in time between now and when you watched Phoenix. I, too, watched Mackie's USL adventure, and barely missed a Phoenix match. 

Scott Morrison was unquestionably the best player on the field at any given time, and they actually had to start playing him in midfield such was his influence.  He looked like the living incarnation of Georgie Best compared to most. 

Mackie was abysmal, and (un)arguably their worst player.  There were multiple reasons for this, but at the heart of his shitness for Phoenix was the fact he was shit. He was out of his depth, and even though he was allegedly Robertson's 'Star' signing, he eventually played second fiddle to Donny Toia, a defender who was a better forward than Mackie. Toia easily made the step up to MLS. 

Paul Mason was playing amateur fitba and working as a labourer when he signed for Groningen. He was an integral part of a very strong Aberdeen side that had guys like Charlie Nicholas, Theo Snelders, Jim Bett, and Hans Gillhaus. If Groningen had considered the West Cheshire Football League not worth their time scouting, Mason would have finished his career lifting bricks rather than trophies he'd helped win. 

The point being that the standard of play in any given league is not the issue... you get people with immense talent starting in the amateurs, and you get people with no talent playing in the pros... the issue is that dismissing a player because of where they currently play is an extraordinarily silly thing to do. 

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

A stat to encourage more bed wetting pre-Saturday.

We haven't kept a clean sheet for SIXTEEN league matches, apparently the worst form record for clean sheets (lack of) in British senior football. 

Regardless whether Glass or Goodwin in charge you would think that the training ground would be being used to improve our defensive set up.

If, and only if, we manage to retain our Premiership status this season I would struggle to make a case for retaining much of the current squad. 

They are simply not good enough.

I just hope that Dundee and St Johnstone continue to be shiter than us until season's end.

13 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

We haven't kept a clean sheet for SIXTEEN league matches, apparently the worst form record for clean sheets (lack of) in British senior football. 

Regardless whether Glass or Goodwin in charge you would think that the training ground would be being used to improve our defensive set up.

If, and only if, we manage to retain our Premiership status this season I would struggle to make a case for retaining much of the current squad. 

I just hope that Dundee and St Johnstone continue to be shiter than us until season's end.

I'm interested to know when 'understandable concern based upon statistics and form' became synonymous with 'bed-wetting'.

We are, factually, in a relegation battle. We can, statistically, be relegated in these final few matches, and our run of form, coupled with the lack of morale among the players (against a background of players leaving/getting the dunt) in no way gives a sense that they're capable of avoiding a play off. 

I've seen the lolly emoticons  ? posted as though the very idea we could get relegated is absurd bed-wetting, but with no accompanying rationale as to quite why relegation's not possible, save, "We're Aberdeen." 

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Maybe the players dislike that cunt muppet cormack and thus put in shite performances. You just never know.

53 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'm going to assume you bonked your noggin at some point in time between now and when you watched Phoenix. I, too, watched Mackie's USL adventure, and barely missed a Phoenix match. 

Scott Morrison was unquestionably the best player on the field at any given time, and they actually had to start playing him in midfield such was his influence.  He looked like the living incarnation of Georgie Best compared to most. 

Mackie was abysmal, and (un)arguably their worst player.  There were multiple reasons for this, but at the heart of his shitness for Phoenix was the fact he was shit. He was out of his depth, and even though he was allegedly Robertson's 'Star' signing, he eventually played second fiddle to Donny Toia, a defender who was a better forward than Mackie. Toia easily made the step up to MLS. 

Paul Mason was playing amateur fitba and working as a labourer when he signed for Groningen. He was an integral part of a very strong Aberdeen side that had guys like Charlie Nicholas, Theo Snelders, Jim Bett, and Hans Gillhaus. If Groningen had considered the West Cheshire Football League not worth their time scouting, Mason would have finished his career lifting bricks rather than trophies he'd helped win. 

The point being that the standard of play in any given league is not the issue... you get people with immense talent starting in the amateurs, and you get people with no talent playing in the pros... the issue is that dismissing a player because of where they currently play is an extraordinarily silly thing to do. 

spacer.png

Proven by the likes of Jamie vardy, playing in the football league for years but then wins an EPL title with unfancied Leicester